The Dangerous Tour Rehearsals 1992 is the best Dangerous concert EVER!

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Have you all seen tape 2??? Woow, I literally dropped my Jaw! He sings the songs here better than in the actual studio versions! BOW, HTW and MITM are on another level! He was in such a rare form here. Why the hell didn't he sing the songs live on the tour!!?

I don't know if I'd say better than the studio versions lol, but he definitely was in rare form:wild: He was so into it, it's so awesome to watch! He looks really energetic and happy and sounds GREAT, I love it!!

Have only watched some short bits and pieces and it indeed looks fantastic. This is Michael how I love to see him most: spontaneous and totally into it. As much as I think the choreography he developed and performed was great, nothing tops seeing him totally in the moment, immersed in the songs. I don't care if the moves are not as crisp or on point. Nothing b.eats raw, genuine energy imo!

And indeed, the vocals I have heard thus far sound incredible. Nice to see a rehearsal session where he goes (almost) all out. I need to sit down and watch this properly asap!

They are awesome! Sometimes he sings better than in the actual concerts. These are great:

`

How can you forget this one, my friend? His beatboxing and vocals here are SUPREME!

I was particularly blown away by Black Or White and Heal The World. These songs should have been sung LIVE! He sings Heal The World so flaawlessly! Man he didn't need to lipsynch it at all. This raw and spontaneous emotion is what I love about MJ. He does all these unusual adlibs at the most unusual places and I LOVE IT

Just compare these rehearsals to the newly leaked ones from 1993 with the orange shirt. It's like night and day.

It's frustrating because either MJ's mic is too quiet or the band is too loud. The band completely overpowers him

This is Michael how I love to see him most: spontaneous and totally into it. As much as I think the choreography he developed and performed was great, nothing tops seeing him totally in the moment, immersed in the songs. I don't care if the moves are not as crisp or on point. Nothing b.eats raw, genuine energy imo!

Exactly, that's what makes these rehearsals so fun to watch! It doesn't have to be as perfect as with the real thing so he just lets loose. I know he put so much effort into getting everything exactly right for his tours and I love him for it, but I secretly wish he'd done more of this - like the way he went nuts on BoW?! So good to watch.

Currently watching it now...Just finished watching Black Or White. Absolutely Incredible..... O_O

What version of Black Or White have I been watching? Because in the one I'm seeing MJ just seems be doing his usual thing at rehearsals, which is quietly mumble the words to himself.

What version of Black Or White have I been watching? Because in the one I'm seeing MJ just seems be doing his usual thing at rehearsals, which is quietly mumble the words to himself.

That's a different Black Or White. A new tape (tape 2) is now out ;)

New Tape 2

[youtube]CzRH4HGeh2I[/youtube]

I don't know what tape number I'm watching, but I watch the 92 rehearsals at least once a month on YouTube. I enjoy it more every single time and it's the one thing I'd love the Estate to release.
I've always been fascinated with behind the scenes/rehearsal process anyway, but these are truly amazing.
I think if anybody wants to know what Michael was really like, they should watch these rehearsals.

They show everything: how kind he was, how generous he was, how dedicated he was, how funny he was, not to mention the out of this world talent pouring out of him.

I'm just watching it. Awesome.

Black or White, Heal the World, Man in the Mirror live. And he sounds so good. I don't know why he did not do it in concert. He should have.

He was energized during this rehearsal- man his vocals were on point!

I've always ADORED the Dangerous rehearsals. My personal favorite is when he did The Way You Make Me Feel live - his vocals were absolutely flawless. But Black or White, Will You Be There, and Man in the Mirror... wow.

Why he decided to mime them I'll never know. Stunning.

Simply incredible. This is why Michael Jackson is the greatest thing to ever happen to music!!

:bow:

This just makes the lip syncing he did even more frustrating.

Last edited:
I don't know what tape number I'm watching, but I watch the 92 rehearsals at least once a month on YouTube. I enjoy it more every single time and it's the one thing I'd love the Estate to release.
I've always been fascinated with behind the scenes/rehearsal process anyway, but these are truly amazing.
I think if anybody wants to know what Michael was really like, they should watch these rehearsals.

They show everything: how kind he was, how generous he was, how dedicated he was, how funny he was, not to mention the out of this world talent pouring out of him.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, especially the last part! I think when people hear the word perfectionist they think he was some kind of dictator but that's so far from the truth, he was so humble, gentle and really dedicated to give the absolute best! Another favorite part of this tape is near the end where Michael says " Okay let's do the whole show again." and Kenny Ortega says something about first taking a lunch/dinner break and then going at it again after, then Michael just says "OK". That right there shows how passionate he was and his incredible drive. He gave a 1000% every day and every night for his entire life. I can't stress this enough but there will never be another Michael Jackson again. ever.

edit: There is this adlibs he does near the end of the breakdown on MITM which is absolutely fabulous, he sings "COMEON NOW" do y'all know what i'm talking about?

Last edited:
When MJ says Come on now, does anyone else get Show You The Way To Go vibes, like the ending adlibs??

I can't enough of this and Oslo #MJheaven

It's frustrating because either MJ's mic is too quiet or the band is too loud. The band completely overpowers him

This just makes the lip syncing he did even more frustrating.

Well you're just a pocketful of sunshine aren't you? :happy: j/k

New Tape 2

[youtube]CzRH4HGeh2I[/youtube]

HOLY ****!! THAT WAS AMAZING! I'm so frustrated that he didn't perform these songs live! His vocals on Bad and MITM were nothing but SUPREME! I LOVED IT! I can't wait for more unseen footage from tape 2!!!!

He was realllly feelin' Black Or White.
I never cared for it live until I saw this. Wish he did all that in the actual shows!

^^I love how he just goes crazy dancing all by himself in Black or White!! This is great.
Stupid question, I guess, but I'm trying to see this on a little phone. Who is the guy with the real long ponytail whispering to Michael? Is that Kenny?

Back