Sonic The Hedgehog (2018)

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
sonic__s_green_hill_by_default_deviant-d3c6855.png

Sonic The Hedgehog will be coming soon on a big screen in an CGI/Live action hybrid film in 2018. The upcoming Sonic film co-produced and financed by Sony Pictures Entertainment. The film will be produced by Neal Moritz and the screenplay written by Evan Susser and Van Robichaux. Robichaux stated the film will be aimed to be PG-13 (+14 in some countries). Also the film will be a seperate continuity from "Sonic Boom" continuity.

Live-action Sonic doesn't sound good. A CGI character like Sonic could look really bad with real actors. I have only played the first 2 games on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis so I don't know much about the character.

There was a fanmade film done by Blue Core Studios which less than 20 minutes long with Jaleel White plays the voice as Sonic like he did in the cartoon shows. I'd like him to reprise the role of Sonic, I'd be disappointed if that didn't happen.

This movie was actually announced about two years ago but it's only now getting a release year. Given the track record of live-action/CG hybrid films in recent years, I'm... not very excited about this.

Back