Man In The Mirror sells OVER 30 million copies worldwide

Bad7

Proud Member
As the title says, Man In The Mirror has now sold over 30 million copies worldwide! Incredible!

Cbr2EueUcAI7GZF.jpg

Cbr2EueUEAANz05.jpg

The juggernaut keeps on going!

jackson-statue-1a.jpg

Last edited:
Another one of my favour Man In The Mirror.(y)

Last edited:
Amazing. Great news.

Since this looks so official I guess it has been certified (or what it is calles)

How many copies has the best selling single in the world sold??

30 million singles sold - officially - is amazing. - Also this is sold, not shipped right?

One of my favorite songs ever. :)

Amazing. Great news.

Since this looks so official I guess it has been certified (or what it is calles)

How many copies has the best selling single in the world sold??
Wiki says White Christmas with 50 mil and 97 version of 'Candle in the Wind' with 33 mil. Wow.

Fantastic achievement! Another fun little fact to add to the Bad album also! I remember reading a not so complementary review of Bad25 when it was released as the original album "not doing anywhere near Thriller" like 30 million albums is so poor lol. Now the album has the third biggest selling single of "All Time!" I feel like going all Kanye on the critics!

Don't know how accurate Wikipedia numbers are. Here is the mediatraffic all time chart:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/alltime-track-chart.htm

I do not believe that list... - NOT AT ALL....

4Happy - Pharrell Williams
Back Lot / Columbia - 2014 - 14.844.000 points

7Uptown Funk! - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
RCA - 2014 - 14.237.000 points

10I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Interscope - 2009 - 13.044.000 points

Though I know these songs were very popular - I can not believe that they are on the top 10 list of best selling singles of all time!????

Fantastic achievement! Another fun little fact to add to the Bad album also! I remember reading a not so complementary review of Bad25 when it was released as the original album "not doing anywhere near Thriller" like 30 million albums is so poor lol. Now the album has the third biggest selling single of "All Time!" I feel like going all Kanye on the critics!
haha-that's so funny. ONLY 30 million-Oh my gosh, it's a terrible album-nobody likes it and nobody is buying it. Oh, noooooooooooo.

Though I know these songs were very popular - I can not believe that they are on the top 10 list of best selling singles of all time!????

You have to keep in mind that while the Internet era is maybe not good for album sales it's absolutely great for singles sales. That's why I don't think all the whinings about the Internet killing the music industry are totally justified. In some ways it actually helps sales - singles is one area. I have never bought phyiscal singles (except for one occasion) but I have bough many digital songs because it is easier and cheaper. So I can believe those numbers for songs that go viral today.

Last edited:
Be interesting to get a look at the figures for the song digitally.

If we do consider these figures to be accurate then it really lends a lot more credibility to Michael's cited overall record sales tally. Frequently publications are downplaying that 750 million figure and largely it appears to be based on his albums - but what of all those singles too? Sure Man In The Mirror is one of Michael's most popular songs but the likes of Billie Jean, Beat It, Black or White, Bad, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (the list goes on) are surely continuing to sell strongly online - notwithstanding the weeks following Michael's passing where pretty much all of his singles re-entered the charts all over the world.

Today single (or album track) costs 0,99 or 1,29 $ and you can get it online. Also streaming counts. Back in the days you had to go to the record store and buy CD or Vinyl for 5-10 $. The game has changed and it's not fair anymore. Next week for example Rihanna will have her 14th #1 single in US (one more than MJ).

Today single (or album track) costs 0,99 or 1,29 $ and you can get it online. Also streaming counts. Back in the days you had to go to the record store and buy CD or Vinyl for 5-10 $. The game has changed and it's not fair anymore. Next week for example Rihanna will have her 14th #1 single in US (one more than MJ).
It used to be so HARD to get in the top 10, not to mention #1. So darn hard. This is sad in a way.

ITS TIME TO UPDATE SOME NUMBERS, OFFICIALLY.

Like for Wiki, the BAD25 documentary stated that the BAD album has sold 45 million copies.
By OTF doc, its over 30 million copies for the album
And Thriller has been awarded with 100 million copies.

Its time to update number for Dangerous (my guess is 40+ mill.) and HIStory album (my guess is 30 mill. sets=60 million units).

ITS TIME NOW!

30 million !? That's crazy, a lot of artists can't achieve that number in their careers with all their album & single sales combined. And yet again, this is one of the many reasons why Michael is the greatest. Thanks for the news. :ciao:

Thanks for clearing that up, MichaelD.

Misleading presentation. Gorgeous, though.

This is not for the sales of MITM singles but for the Bad album as a whole. She posted the same last October for IJCSLY as those were her two contributions to the album.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SIEDAHGARRETT/status/657313864845922304

Was just about the post this. I believe it includes album sales. No way has MITM sold 30m, as much as it deserves to do so.

It never even made Top 20 in UK on first release although made number 2 in 2009. And I think was only number one in U.S. for a couple of weeks.

You have to keep in mind that while the Internet era is maybe not good for album sales it's absolutely great for singles sales. That's why I don't think all the whinings about the Internet killing the music industry are totally justified. In some ways it actually helps sales - singles is one area. I have never bought phyiscal singles (except for one occasion) but I have bough many digital songs because it is easier and cheaper. So I can believe those numbers for songs that go viral today.

Yeah, there's a reason why Wikipedia splits physical and digital sales on it's article about the best selling of all time.

Basically, if we look at how many people own a copy of a single, every song on Thriller must be at the top of the pile. 😉

I bet, if you take into account VHS/DVD/greatest hits compilations sales, etc, more people have a copy of Thriller or Billie Jean than any other songs ever released.

That's good enough to cement MJ as the #1 singles artist of all time, for me. 👍??

Back