Favorite ''Dad gone it'' moments

analogue

Proud Member
Smooth Criminal (Bad Tour versions)
Billie Jean live at Bucharest (After the first moonwalk)
Black Or White tape 2 Dangerous Tour rehearsals

Right after the moonwalk. Some of the best ad libs on the whole tour.

I'm pretty sure he says doggone it. Sometimes he might just say it differently.

Maybe it's too different things. Like on the live Billie Jean ad libs, I hear ''Doggone lover'' but then on Smooth Criminal I hear ''Dad gone it, Annie. Dad gone it, baby''

Dad gone for me also :)

End of Jam is a cracker.

its daggonit - MJ pronunciation can come out any way lol

Let's see. So far we've got

Dad, gone it
Doggone it
and now daggonit

Looks like we're gonna need our top Michael Jackson scientists to get to the bottom of this one

I'm pretty sure the lyrics in the Bad booklet confirm it's "Dad gone it"

Oh yeah it probably varies thinking about it. Typical MJ :p

My two most favourite ones (in no order) are right after his moonwalk in Billie Jean at Bucharest 1992 (followed one by a superb HUH-HEE!!), and of course during the final chorus of Smooth Criminal!!

I'm pretty sure the lyrics in the Bad booklet confirm it's "Dad gone it"

Booklets are not always correct.

I think it was Brad Sundberg who once said he was given the task to write down the lyrics for a booklet of an album and he had a hard time to understand some of the words MJ said and MJ just laughed at him and didn't help him out, so some of the words in the booklet might have ended up being incorrect. Does anyone else remember this story and what was said exactly?

^I'm not entirely sure cause it's been a while, but I remember he talked about how it was hard to decipher the lyrics at times and that he wrote them down and eventually checked them with Michael - I think he gave the example of how he read the lyrics of Monkey Business back to him and when he came to the 'I caught your mother she's doin' the do'-part, he kinda said it with a question mark and Michael laughed and was like 'yes Brad, that's what I said' lol.
But with the way he told the story I can imagine some words might have slipped through that weren't the correct ones, and I can also imagine they didn't 'confirm' every ad lib with him.. For me it sounds like 'doggone it' but just differently pronounced.

Let's see. So far we've got

Dad, gone it
Doggone it
and now daggonit

Looks like we're gonna need our top Michael Jackson scientists to get to the bottom of this one
And sometimes it's dadgummit. A popular swear word back in the day. :)

Back