Song Connectivity

Psychoniff

Proud Member
I thought it would be interesting to show how we connect songs together in our own weird or logical way. I guess the most common one would be this -

"Can You Feel It" -> "Jam" -> "Be Not Always" "Earth Song" -> "They Don't Care About Us"

A call to action, Pre-apocalypse, Apocalypse, Post-apocalypse

Whether it's thematic, lyrical or some personal connection. No rules. Except for obvious album configurations. It might make it more interesting to not say how we feel the songs connect, see what interesting interpretations come about.

:cheeky::chillin::D(y):clapping::dancin::clap::woohoo:

Last edited:
With the BAD era demos in mind, BAD could have been a concept album:

The Way Make Me Feel--------Cheater------Streetwalker--------Smooth Criminal---------Al Capone

He courts the girl, the girl cheats on him he accuses her of prostitution and social deviants, she is now an outcast from society, he is the 'Smooth Criminal' and kills her for revenge, but convinces himself that some other person his alter ego named Al Capone did it.

Serious Effect ----> In The Back ----> Tabloid Junkie

There's a vocal pattern that Michael uses in all three of these songs.

Serious Effect: "And I'm so damn, so damn glad about it"

In The Back: Michael scats the pattern every fourth bar of the verses

Tabloid Junkie: "The hounding media in hysteria," etc.

Who Is It -> Blue Gangsta -> Smooth Criminal

There's a man who lives with his wife Annie in but gets paranoid when he suspects that she is having an affair with another man, so he becomes extremely jealous, murders her and frames her lover for the crime.

I'll Be There ------Got to Be There -------You Were There--------Will You Be There

Nothing really, besides the 'there' in every song.

Smooth Criminal and Bad. MJ sings 'I'm smooth' in the last hook in Bad.

You Are Not Alone and Speechless. At 2:33 in Speechless you can hear MJ with a backing vocal lyric that is 'you are always in my heart'. A line from You Are Not Alone.

Dirty Diana ----- Dangerous

This:

"Diana Walked Up To Me,
She Said I'm All Yours
Tonight
At That I Ran To The Phone
Sayin' Baby I'm Alright
I Said But Unlock The Door,
Because I Forgot The Key,
She Said He's Not Coming
Back
Because He's Sleeping With
Me"

leads to this:

"She Called My House
She Said You Know My Name
And Don't You Pretend
You Never Did Me Before
With Tears In Her Eyes
My Baby Walked Out The Door"

Baby Be Mine-----Price Of Fame-----Morphine-----Ghosts

As MJ gets a girl, he has trouble spending time with her because of paparazzi. Dealing with stress, he starts taking Morphine, but sadly dies, being jealous of how her girl deals with it, he haunts her family.

Boom!!! More to come.

Dirty Diana ----- Dangerous

This:

"Diana Walked Up To Me,
She Said I'm All Yours
Tonight
At That I Ran To The Phone
Sayin' Baby I'm Alright
I Said But Unlock The Door,
Because I Forgot The Key,
She Said He's Not Coming
Back
Because He's Sleeping With
Me"

leads to this:

"She Called My House
She Said You Know My Name
And Don't You Pretend
You Never Did Me Before
With Tears In Her Eyes
My Baby Walked Out The Door"

^^you need to work the lyrics of "Billie Jean" into that story line-:) "showed a photo-my Baby cried"-etc.

One Day In Your Life ---------She's Out Of My Life---------The Lady In My Life------You Are My Life

Again, not real theme other than the word 'life'.

She's Out Of My Life---------Time Waits For No One.

Both songs are similar stripped down Broadway-style ballads, both are aching ballads about lost love, isolation and a yearning for reconciliation.

I think Jackie is songwriter genius, remember, he wrote "Torture" and CYFI and most of the Jacksons-era songs.

With A Child's Heart -------Music and Me

These songs are even though MJ never wrote them bizarrely sound biographical.

Bad...Dangerous...Invincible...This is It (the titles) This is what I was thinking when Michael died - the meaning of his lifespan...

Little Susie -> Gone Too Soon

A young girl dies of child neglect and Gone Too Soon plays at her funeral.

Scream-----Shout------Smile

Just a few emotional outlets that MJ explored.

Wanna Be Satrtin' Somethin' ------Leave Me Alone (Video)------Why You Wanna Trip On Me----Scream-----Tabloid Junkie-----Is It Scary

A somewhat polemic, satirical but sarcastic evaluatory musical road-trip of the corrupt media.

^^^^ Great strand of songs and awesome thread as well :clap: No offense Niff, but I very much prefer this type of thread than silly YT wacked out theories. Much, much more :)

I'll Be There ------Got to Be There -------You Were There--------Will You Be There

Nothing really, besides the 'there' in every song.

Well, if that's the criterion then you forgot We're Almost There

Scream-----Shout------Smile

Just a few emotional outlets that MJ explored.

And here you also forgot Cry

Let me give it a try as well. I'll start off with some really easy and basic ones

We've got blue skies----We'got a good thing going----We've got forever----We're almost there----We are the world----We are here to change the world---We've had enough

And now based on every nationalist's nightmare a good ole' fashion international commitment to world harmony, global justice and the globalization of solidarity including a word twice featured already.....

We are the world------We are here to change the world-----Heal the world-----People of the world----People make the world go round-----and also similarly focused and expressed-----Earth Song-----Planet Earth

Sorry for the repetitions folks, but I guess that's what connectivity does to one's brain, right? :p

Also a different type of association

Somebody's watching me----Human nature-----Leave me alone-----Xscape-----Privacy---Threatened----Save me

The surveillance theme inspired by Michael's lifelong paparazzi-induced trauma is obvious of course. And picking up from I left off......

Save me----You can't win----Wanna be startin' somethin'----Threatened----Thriller with honorable mentions for Torture----Centipede----Ghosts----Is it scary lol

This isn't that difficult to figure out either. I'll let you all find the relevant lyrics :) I'm sure I can come up with a few others if I look around carefully enough.

Last edited:
Stranger in Moscow -> You Are My Life

MJ is feeling lonely until his children give his life new meaning

Back