Off The Wall 2016:The cancelled project

jackson fan

Proud Member
Some time ago, it was released the 2016 edition of OTW with a new documentary directed by Spike Lee and that was kinda it. Unlike Bad 25 there weren't any new unrealeased songs or remixes. However, the final product could have been diferent.
Around the annoucement of this new release I remeber that I saw a trailer form MJ *****, supposedly, given by the MJ Estate telling about what they had in store.But it was taken down right after they had posted the video on their page, because the Estate said that it was something ''still in development'' and it wasn't ready to be shown to the public.
Here's the video:[video]https://www.**********************************/videos/956292497780159/[/video]
What do you guys think? In my opinion, the 2016 edition of OTW was pretty lackluster. In comparison to Bad 25, there wasn't really anything that new, excluding the new live footage.

Last edited:
Lol @the estate giving mjbeatz this trailer :rofl:

Looks like wishful thinking on their part, although I don't know how they figured out Spike was going to use that specific interview.
Somebody must have leaked something to them.

I still maintain that this video looks too professional to be fan made.

MJ ***** is a really reliable source. They have posted some new live perfomances they got from collectors and are always in updated in MJ news. I know a lot more about Michael since I started following that page so I wouldn't say that this trailer is fake,but that's just my opinion.

MJ ***** is a really reliable source.

No. They are not. They have absolutely no connections to official sources like Michael Jackson's Estate and Sony Music. Only connections they have are the ones on the black market dealing with "collectors" and "traders". That trailer was fake and fan made, probably by their members or by someone who fooled them into believing it is real. The most probable reason why we didn't get any extra material on this release is Quincy Jones lawsuit.

No. They are not. They have absolutely no connections to official sources like Michael Jackson's Estate and Sony Music.
Hm,really? Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind for the future. I think the fact that the trailer looks pretty well done and that my hopes got high, probably lead me to believe that it was real.

I was thinking the same thing Quincy lawsuit against the Estate which is now going to trial so if Spike do Thriller how must footage would he be able to used?

Can anyone post an example of a trailer that looks that good, that a fan has confirmed they made themselves?

That would be enough to convince me this one isn't the real deal.

Can anyone post an example of a trailer that looks that good, that a fan has confirmed they made themselves?

That would be enough to convince me this one isn't the real deal.

I believe this trailer is real, there is even an unreleased interview on this video soo.

Back