Baby Names in Honour of MJ/MJ's Family

FullLipsDotNose

Proud Member
If you are planning to have children, would like to give them names associated with Michael? If you already have children, did you give them such names?

I like these, among others (not associated to MJ):
Josephine/Josefína (I don't like Joseph/Josef because it's so popular lol)
Joanne/Johana (after Janet - Damita Jo)
Jean
Esther/Ester (Katherine's middle name)
Tina, Anthony/Antonín, Antonia/Antonie (lyrics in Whoops Now)
Robin (only for a girl), Robyn
Iman

It will obviously depend on my partner's surname, because some of those names don't complement mine well :(

My boys' names are not associated with Michael at all. But I do love Michaela/Mikayla for a girl. And Paris is a lovely name, too. Catherine is my grandmother's name and my mother's middle name. Jackson would be a cool first name for a boy, I think.

I would definately choose MJ names or 'related' to MJ. :blush:

My fave names are...

Boy: Mesereau; Michael; Daryll; Taylor; Wayne; Elliot

Girl: Madeline; Marie; Kate; Bliss; Audrey.

FullLipsDotNose;4139792 said:
If you are planning to have children, would like to give them names associated with Michael? If you already have children, did you give them such names?

I like these, among others (not associated to MJ):
Josephine/Josefína (I don't like Joseph/Josef because it's so popular lol)
Joanne/Johana (after Janet - Damita Jo)
Jean
Esther/Ester (Katherine's middle name)
Tina, Anthony/Antonín, Antonia/Antonie (lyrics in Whoops Now)
Robin (only for a girl), Robyn
Iman

It will obviously depend on my partner's surname, because some of those names don't complement mine well :(

I've always liked the name Josephine for a girl, nickname Josie. It sounds cute in English :) Unfortunately it doesn't translate well to Dutch because then it sounds horribly old fashioned. But it never crossed my mind to name my child after Joseph, lol.

Most of them have rather unusual names (Sigmund? Rebbie? Tito? :unsure:) I actually like the name Michael most out of all of them.

Off topic, but I've always wanted to know where they got the names LaToya and Jermaine.
Common now, but only because of them.

I've always liked the name Josephine for a girl, nickname Josie. It sounds cute in English :) Unfortunately it doesn't translate well to Dutch because then it sounds horribly old fashioned. But it never crossed my mind to name my child after Joseph, lol.

Most of them have rather unusual names (Sigmund? Rebbie? Tito? :unsure:) I actually like the name Michael most out of all of them.

I would like to name my children somehow after Michael, but Michael is a very frequent name and I don't like Michelle either, so I have picked his middle name...

Apparently I have a thing for famous Michaels. In Formula One I supported Michael Schumacher - I was a huge fan. And there is of course Michael Jackson. I like the name in English but I don't like the variation of it in my language, so because of that I wouldn't name my son that.

Tito's real name is Toriano, and Rebbie's real name is Maureen

Off topic, but I've always wanted to know where they got the names LaToya and Jermaine.
Common now, but only because of them.

I think Jermaine comes from French... And Latoya is a traditional African American name. Many AA names are made with prefixes, for example with La-. So her parents just added La- to Toya.

Edit: It apparently comes from Latin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latoya_(given_name).

Apparently I have a thing for famous Michaels. In Formula One I supported Michael Schumacher - I was a huge fan. And there is of course Michael Jackson. I like the name in English but I don't like the variation of it in my language, so because of that I wouldn't name my son that.

yeah, same with my language...and the same goes for Joseph. sounds stupid in my language, but I like it in english. and I wouldn't name my kid after any other Jackson family member

Cute little thread :D Although Michael is the second most beautiful name in the world to me, I've never truly associated it with naming children. Back when I was little I was thinking of having about 12 kids or so, but I only thought of names for a couple of them - Aalyiah for a little girl and Christian for a little boy :p

respect77;4139860 said:

I also have this famous Michaels connection goin' on as well :) I'm also a huge Michael Schumacher fan and also the other great MJ, Jordan. I used to watch NBA games back in the 90s and root for the Bulls because of him and Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman and Phil Jackson lolol. I've also admired a few other Michaels along time. It sure looks like I got some special connection with the name of Michael. I actually think the name sounds beautiful in just about any language I've heard it, including your own btw - I love both the sound and the spelling of Mihály.

Rebbie is a nickname for Maureen. Because little brothers and sisters can't pronounce "maureenie" and it comes out "reebie". Jackie's nickname is for his last name.
I remember watching an old Merv Griffin show where they talked about their names. They teased Tito about being named after the general and Jermaine said he had no clue-probably after Germany. Lol.
There was a jazz musician named Tito and I thought maybe it was from that like Damita Jo was a jazz singer in the 50s.
Marlon and his twin Brandon obviously came because somebody liked Marlon Brando.

On this same show Michael said he was "just plain Michael."
I remember thinking he should be glad. :)

I would like to name my children somehow after Michael, but Michael is a very frequent name and I don't like Michelle either, so I have picked his middle name...

Oh I've never cared about how common a name is. I found out the other day that my three favourite boy's names (Lucas, Milan, Sem) were all in the top 10 most popular baby names for last year but all that means is that lots of people agree I have great taste :shades: I personally find names that are obviously meant to be "unique" more cringeworthy. Or even worse, perfectly nice and normal names with atrocious spelling. I have a second cousin named Djulee (pronounced Julie of course) and the poor girl has to spell her name everywhere she goes. Why do that to a child?

By the way, I also quite like "Jackson" as a first name in English, perhaps even more so than Michael :)

Rebbie is a nickname for Maureen. Because little brothers and sisters can't pronounce "maureenie" and it comes out "reebie". Jackie's nickname is for his last name.
I remember watching an old Merv Griffin show where they talked about their names. They teased Tito about being named after the general and Jermaine said he had no clue-probably after Germany. Lol.
There was a jazz musician named Tito and I thought maybe it was from that like Damita Jo was a jazz singer in the 50s.
Marlon and his twin Brandon obviously came because somebody liked Marlon Brando.

I can't believe I never made that connection until now!

Yeah plain Michael is just fine with me :blush:

Yeah, I'm glad his Mum eventually chose Michael over 'Donald' or even 'Ronny' :blink:

Well, I think the purpose of a name is to distinguish someone from others, so I think it should be unique as possible...

yeah indeed! I chose names that are good in 'yelling' lol apart from "Daryll" that would become "Dee" instead :cheeky:

Also names are chosen cause of a ' good memory' or a 'heritage' so I forgot to add "William" to the list :blush:

We have this heritage tradition in our family, but I'm not going to follow it. OK, I may give my child my deceased great-granfather's name cause I like it, but I don't want my child to share their name with a living relative. It's really confusing when a package or a letter arrives and you don't know who it belongs to. And sometimes you don't want your parents to know either :ninja: I inherited my father's name, but it's different in a feminine version, so I've never experienced this confusion personally.

Yeah, I'm glad his Mum eventually chose Michael over 'Donald' or even 'Ronny' :blink:

Were those real options for his name? Wow, had no idea. I'm beyond happy with the final choice lol.

Yeah plain Michael is just fine with me :blush:

Saaame here, just fine indeed. It may may simple and very common, but it is a most beautiful name. His parents were truly inspired when they named him. He was truly blessed with two of the most powerful names in the Bible. Those of us who believe are in awe of both St. Joseph and the Archangel Michael, the greatest saint among men and the greatest among angels. He couldn't have asked for anything more in terms of names really.....well, maybe with one exception. But never mind that, it doesn't make the subject of this thread :p

If i will ever have a son i would love to name him Michael, which was also the name my parents would have given me if i was a boy.

Back