Ducktales (2017 TV Reboot)

Victory2004

Proud Member
First Look
ducktales.jpg

The original DuckTales was one of my favorite childhood cartoons. I hope this will be as good but it's almost impossible because of nostalgia. :D I glad that they are making new shows based on the ducks. Donald Duck comics are very popular here in Finland.

Is Donald Duck gonna be in it? I hope he's one of the main character instead of minor where made a some appearence when he's in the Navy that time.

Surprised how none of you have mentioned how this is 2D animation cus I thought they were gonna go the CG route. Was pleasantly surprised they decided to stick to regular animation.

It looks like it's going to be similar in style to the original Carl Barks comics. Donald's uniform is black and Scrooge appears to be wearing a red coat like he did in those comics. Pleasantly surprised they're sticking with 2D animation on this as well.

But the real question is: will they use a remake of the original theme song or something completely new?

Another question is who's gonna play Scrooge McDuck? Is Alan Young gonna reprise the role or someone else will take over?

Alan Young to me is the best Scrooge, because he really nailed Scrooge's Scottish accent.

It looks like it's going to be similar in style to the original Carl Barks comics. Donald's uniform is black and Scrooge appears to be wearing a red coat like he did in those comics. Pleasantly surprised they're sticking with 2D animation on this as well.
Donald's uniform has always been black here where I live. It is blue only in the covers. Maybe they just color them differently in each part of the world. :)

I hope they make episodes based on Carl Barks's comics like they did in the original show. Those were great.

Another question is who's gonna play Scrooge McDuck? Is Alan Young gonna reprise the role or someone else will take over?

Alan Young to me is the best Scrooge, because he really nailed Scrooge's Scottish accent.

Sadly, it doesn't seem that way. Launchpad's original VA said on Facebook recently that Disney was going to have an all-new voice cast.
http://dafradio.net/2015/03/24/is-the-ducktales-cast-returning/

It sucks, but it may be best that they get newer actors to come in and show their acting chops. Alan Young and June Foray (Magica DeSpell) are well into their 90's, so if they were cast and something were to happen to one of them...

You ever been hearing about Disney plans to bring back "Darkwing Duck"? Although he only return in comics, but I believe they should bring him back in a reboot animation, hopefull if the reboot DuckTales is successful enough, then Darkwing would also come back since VA Jim Cummings loved and enjoyed playing Darkwing.

Re: Ducktales (2017 TV Reboot *R.I.P. Alan Young*)

I just heard a very sad news.

Alan Young has just passed away yesterday at age 96.

that's cool news, I hope they stay true to the original..

what the did to Disney charecters in this show is sad:

Like WTF? They are NOT Ren and Stimply... That' Goofy and Mickey !!!

Re: Ducktales (2017 TV Reboot) *UPDATE*

Just heard an updated news. They got the new casting of our favourite DuckTales characters, which means nobody has reprising roles mostly at all and they did find a new voice for Scrooge McDuck. There's a greater chance to see other characters in the show like Donald Duck, Flintheart Glomgold, Gyro Gearloose, Duckworth, Gizmoduck, Magica DeSpell, Gladstone Gander, and Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys again. They aren't any further casting to these characters, but I'm pretty sure for certain that Tony Anselmo will reprise the role of Donald Duck.

Here are the new roles:

HUEY- Danny Pudi (Community)
DEWIE- Ben Schwartz (Parks & Recreation)
LOUIE- Bobby Moynihan (SNL)
WEBBY- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope)
MRS. BEAKLEY- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors)
LAUNCHPAD MCQUACK- Beck Bennett (SNL)
SCROOGE MCDUCK- David Tennant (Doctor Who)

[YOUTUBE]zZek9PFMYOw[/YOUTUBE]

You can hear Donald's voice right at the end.

And a quick little update...

DuckTales will premiere on DisneyXD in the Summer 2017.

If this reboot does well, then I hope that will inspire Disney to bring back Darkwing Duck. But if they do bring back Darkwing they must follow the number 1 rule. And that rule is that Jim Cummings HAS to do the voice.

If this reboot does well, then I hope that will inspire Disney to bring back Darkwing Duck. But if they do bring back Darkwing they must follow the number 1 rule. And that rule is that Jim Cummings HAS to do the voice.
I've even tweeted Jim about it and he's favorited my tweets.

I sure do hope so too, like I even hope they can do a reboot of "Rescue Rangers" which I previously mentioned. Hopefully "DuckTales" is gonna be fun.

Tad Stones (The creator of Darkwing Duck) sent me a tweet hinting that Darkwing might show up in Ducktales

I too got a tweet from Tad Stones, when asked him what are his dream crossover episode/animation, I even told my dream crossover. He told his dream crossover was "Darkwing Duck" and the never animated "Spirit" and also mentions Buzz Lightyear and "Star Trek" and finally Teen Hercules and "Jose & The Pussycats". I told my dream crossover "Rescue Rangers" & "Winnie The Pooh".

Here's the first look of the new "DuckTales" that I just found on Twitter.

[YOUTUBE]0-LNgU4e1rE&[/YOUTUBE]

[h=1]Disney XD’s New DuckTales Has a Premiere Date and an Amazing All-New Opening Title Sequence[/h]

[h=3]Britt Valerio[/h]
Oh My Disney Contributor

The mystery of Disney XD’s new DuckTales premiere date is a mystery no more! Thanks to some real life ducks this morning, we’ve learned that on Saturday, August 12 at midnight, DuckTales will be presented as a one-hour television movie for 24 consecutive hours on Disney XD. That’s a lot of hours to watch and rewatch what we can already tell is going to be an amazing new duck tale. Woo-hoo! is the title of the movie, and “Woo-hoo!” is how we feel about this news!
The DuckTales series will then commence with two new episodes on Saturday, September 23, which also happens to be the 30th anniversary of the original, Emmy Award-winning series. What a glorious moment in time this will be! Episodes will air at 7:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m., and 10:30 p.m., EDT/PDT, so mark your calendars!
And as if all this news isn’t rich enough, we’ve also got a new Ducktales opening title sequence to treasure! Take a look: [video=youtube;EURi91Eb6I8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EURi91Eb6I8[/video]

This new opening is TV gold. It all starts with a coin (of course it does!) as we follow Duckburg’s trillionaire, Scrooge McDuck, and his nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie, with Webby Vanderquack and Donald Duck tagging along as they all chase down the runaway 10 cent coin (yep, it’s only 10 cents!) They run through comic book style settings featuring monsters, villains, epic adventures, and piles of gold. It’s amazing! With an animation style inspired by the classic Carl Barks’ comic designs, this opening combines classic DuckTales elements with a new updated look that has got us feeling both super nostalgic and super excited for this new series. The ending is perfectly tied together as Scrooge McDuck impressively catches the stray coin with his cane, followed by Launchpad McQuack literally crashing into the DuckTales title. This whole sequence is our new favorite thing.
Plus, here’s a poster of the new DuckTales series that we are in love with:

DuckTales-Poster.jpg

What an adventurous crew! (The expression on Donald Duck’s face is priceless!) The talented new DuckTales voice cast includes David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck, Danny Pudi as Huey, Ben Schwartz as Dewey, Bobby Moynihan as Louie, Kate Micucci as Webby Vanderquack, Beck Bennett as Launchpad McQuack, Toks Olagundoye as Mrs. Beakley, and Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck. See this amazing team sing the DuckTales theme song like champions.
Recurring guest voices include Lin-Manuel Miranda as Gizmoduck, aka Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera, Allison Janney as Goldie O’Gilt, Margo Martindale as the villainous Ma Beagle, Paul F. Tompkins as Gladstone Gander, Kimiko Glenn as the well-traveled teen Lena, Jim Rash as mad scientist Gyro Gearloose, Josh Brener as tech billionaire Mark Beaks, Keith Ferguson as Scrooge’s archenemy Flintheart Glomgold, Eric Bauza as the Beagle Boys, and Corey Burton as Ludwig Von Drake. Earlier this week we got a sneak peek at some of these characters and we could not be more excited. https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/0...new-opening-title-sequence/?cmp=smc|937505052

I just saw a short "Donald's Birthday". It was HA-Larious! I was like "Wait for it....(his hissy fit) And there it is."

Yeah, I don't see why not. He's still going strong in the voice acting business. Seen a few clips of the Ducktales reboot now and it looks promising.

Back