The History 20 discussion thread.

heal

Proud Member
This thread is to discuss all things related to the potential (but not likely) creation, and release of History 20.
What do you want it to be like?
Do you want a doc and an album, or do you want one but not the other?
What unreleased material do you want on it?
How do you want it to be marketed/advertised?
Whatever you think about History 20 can go in this thread.

I have better things to do than to waste time on thinking about/wishing/hoping for something 4 years from now, that will most likely not even happen

I have better things to do than to waste time on thinking about/wishing/hoping for something 4 years from now, that will most likely not even happen

And in terms of having better things to do, writing that reply was one of them?

And in terms of having better things to do, writing that reply was one of them?

posting on here is one of the things, yes :yes: taking 30 seconds to write a reply to this, or another thread doesn't really make a difference :cheeky:

I want a documentary with lots of behind the stage footage and seeing Michael at work. I'm not talking about a doc in the vein of Bad 25 or OTW, I would like to see a documentary that focuses on that controversial time in Michael's life (the allegations, rehab, the tabloids) from Michael's point of view and how it ties in with the songs on the album. You have to have that context in order to truly appreciate the album IMO. And then focus on how he worked on a "comeback" and what a great success HIStory was as I think not many people are really aware of this. Something like that :)

We MUST have ''Stranger In Moscow Smokey Flavored BBQ Pitbull Remix''

When you notice that OP copied a thread you made (that got merged with another thread, so you can't find it) nearly word for word.*side eyes*

Anywho, I really would like studio footage if it exist.
I also would love a "making of" for the HIStory tour promo commercial. :)

You're a year too late, HIStory is almost 21 :p

I don't want a HIStory anniversary edition unless Dangerous gets one for it's 25th anniversary, and if Dangerous does, HIStory should get one in 2020. That way all his albums get 25th anniversary editions (except OTW but ya know) and it's a consistent number.

When you notice that OP copied a thread you made (that got merged with another thread, so you can't find it) nearly word for word.*side eyes*

Anywho, I really would like studio footage if it exist.
I also would love a "making of" for the HIStory tour promo commercial. :)
Yes, I could have sworn we already had a thread or two about HIStory 20 or 25-maybe I'm mixing it up with the many threads of Dangerous 25 speculation.

I want a documentary with lots of behind the stage footage and seeing Michael at work. I'm not talking about a doc in the vein of Bad 25 or OTW, I would like to see a documentary that focuses on that controversial time in Michael's life (the allegations, rehab, the tabloids) from Michael's point of view and how it ties in with the songs on the album. You have to have that context in order to truly appreciate the album IMO. And then focus on how he worked on a "comeback" and what a great success HIStory was as I think not many people are really aware of this. Something like that :)
That would be a great documentary, but it would HAVE to be from Michael's point of view-from seeing things in his shoes. Any other documentary would not work for this album.

This thread is to discuss all things related to the potential (but not likely) creation, and release of History 20.
What do you want it to be like?
Do you want a doc and an album, or do you want one but not the other?
What unreleased material do you want on it?
How do you want it to be marketed/advertised?
Whatever you think about History 20 can go in this thread.

The HIStory album was released in June 1995.......so the 20th Anniversary was LAST YEAR and went largely unnoticed, much to my chagrin.

Maybe you mean HIStory 25??

I'm sure YOU mean HIStory 25. LOL That would be occuring in 2020....four years from now, as you say. There's no harm in imagining, or dreaming about what we'd like to see happen. Maybe those who can make it happen, are "listening", yes?

I don't want a HIStory anniversary edition unless Dangerous gets one for it's 25th anniversary, and if Dangerous does, HIStory should get one in 2020. That way all his albums get 25th anniversary editions (except OTW but ya know) and it's a consistent number.

I agree with this. I am SO excited for Dangerous 25. I really want it to happen, but it will have to be soon, right?
Dangerous was released late in 1991, so the 25th Anniversary would be this year, in November, if I'm not mistaken.

THEN, we can have HIStory 25 in 2020. I'd actually like to see some recognition for BOTDF packaged in with HIStory 25, too.

This is a REALLY good idea! It would be totally amazing, so I'm definitely on board. LOL. HIStory really was a success story, for Michael, as was the HIStory Tour (although some don't see it that way). I see it as a "phoenix rising from the ashes", kind of scenario.

We can never have neough high quality concert footage, so I'm always up for more of that.....from the Dangerous Tour and the HIStory Tour....plus rehearsal footage, as well. The snippets that have been released on YT lately are VERY tantalising!

Given the content and regularity of your posts here, you have plenty of time.

Given the content and regularity of your posts here, you have plenty of time.

and you know this how? having access to the internet ALL THE TIME (computer/phone/tablet), I can literally be anywhere, doing anything while being on here. OR I sit on my ass at home all day. you don't know that. but those things are completely irrelevant, because even if you don't do jack shit, your mind can be occupied by so many other things, that you simply don't have time to think about certain other things. you can spend an incredible amount of energy on non-physical things. you know, the stuff that's only inside your head (no, that was not sarcastic). so because someone posts often doesn't automatically mean they have all the time in the world to think about whatever. I don't have to explain myself to anyone, and it's not anyones business what I do or don't do, but you shouldn't judge people on the internet, that you don't know, by posts on a forum

Last edited:
Thank you for proving my point by providing that essay. I appreciate your time.

I don't think they will touch History until 25th year. Hopefully, at the least, a concert DVD.
I wonder if a re-release would even bother with disc 1 (hopefully not. Waste of time).
Maybe by then, enough time will pass for a History doc from someone to be made?

Back