"Girls of Another Love"... a "new" snippet from the Bad sessions..

michael555

Proud Member
Let's laugh together.

Everybody here is okay to say that it's a fake?

This sounds like vintage MJ. What's the backstory on this song?

Last edited:
Groovy bass going on there.

Never heard of this song before - but it sure does sound like MJ.

Does anyone have any info about this? - The uploader claims to have the full song...

I'm so eager to hear the full song. I must of listened to that snippet about 20 times since yesterday.

Something sounds wrong on this

A longer snippet can help us judge

The vocals are most certainly Michael. No impersonator has ever been that spot on.

I don't know how legit this is though... I'm digging the music but this could be yet another clever case of copy-pasting.

The vocals are most certainly Michael. No impersonator has ever been that spot on.

I don't know how legit this is though... I'm digging the music but this could be yet another clever case of copy-pasting.

Yes, the vocals are too spot on for this to be an impersonator. All though it sounds like it has been pitched up.

This is NOT MJ!

How would you know that?

"No one puts us down" This part is convincing
"We're raising up" This part sounds off especially the way he sings up

Copy and paste maybe??

Copy and paste maybe??

This is exactly what I had in my mind, it seriously sounds off I'll just go and say its a fake

Copy and paste maybe??

It could be a copy and paste work but that is definitely MJ singing no one can sing it that way with that type of grittiness with such control and clear tone.

It does sound like him but it's hard to know fro sure 'cause it's such a short, unclear snippet.. Sounds like it could be a great song tho, so I hope it is! And if it's a copy-paste job I'm really curious what songs were used :mello:

Doesnt sound like him.

That drum sound wasnt around in 87 also.

Quick, we need a MichaelJacksonologist stat!:bugeyed
It's our only hope!:bugeyed

But really, I hate when snippets of stuff pops up and we can't be sure If it's really him or not.

Two possibilities (though I'm probably being optimistic)

1) Since no recording date has been confirmed, it may have been recorded post-1987.
2) It was recorded pre-1987, but this is a post-1987 reworking.

These aren't that absurd to consider. My only hesitation is that "Girl of Another Lover" was never confirmed to be a real song. The closest to it is "Ghost of Another".

We hear his voice for maybe 5 seconds in this snippet. Is that really enough to judge whether it's really him or not? Imagine if Michael never released 2000 Watts and we only heard a 20-second (mostly instrumental) snippet of it today, how many would believe that was Michael?

We hear his voice for maybe 5 seconds in this snippet. Is that really enough to judge whether it's really him or not?
Yes, I think it is. Do you need more than 5 seconds of Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, Monster, etc. to know that it is not him?

Imagine if Michael never released 2000 Watts and we only heard a 20-second (mostly instrumental) snippet of it today, how many would believe that was Michael?
I would hope everybody, but looking back at the Cascio debacle as well as the reactions to several other fakes that have been posted before, probably several people would not...

Last edited:
We hear his voice for maybe 5 seconds in this snippet. Is that really enough to judge whether it's really him or not? Imagine if Michael never released 2000 Watts and we only heard a 20-second (mostly instrumental) snippet of it today, how many would believe that was Michael?
I wouldn't. It doesn't sound like him at all. I heard it pitched up once on YouTube and that's the first time I heard Michael in it.

Reading this thread, I thought I was the only one. But I will need a longer snippet for a final judgement.

omg I thought I was the only one as well :lol: to me it doesn't sound like him at all

Yes, I think it is. Do you need more than 5 seconds of Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, Monster, etc. to know that it is not him?

Yes I do. There's a difference between saying "it doesn't sound like Michael" and "that's not Michael, it's fake". IMO you can't dismiss a song out of hand based on 5 seconds of singing.

^Ok fair enough, I disagree. I think in most cases (this one included), 5 seconds certainly is enough.

As far as this clip goes, it's obvious to me that it is not MJ, but I wonder who did sing it. The voice does not sound like other impersonators I am familiar with (guys like Jean Walker, Marcus Joseph Williams or Jeffrey Perez). It actually reminded me most of Kipp Lennon, the guy who did The Simpsons episode version of Happy Birthday Lisa. Anybody got an idea who it might be?

People need to be careful saying things like "it is definitely Michael".

This does not sound like him. But it's tough to tell when the pitch has been messed with - I can only assume to make it sound like MJ. When you bring the pitch back down to something natural it sounds like a Jimi Jamison or John Parr.

People need to be careful saying things like "it is definitely Michael".

This does not sound like him. But it's tough to tell when the pitch has been messed with - I can only assume to make it sound like MJ. When you bring the pitch back down to something natural it sounds like a Jimi Jamison or John Parr.
Good comparisons.

lol ...you can barely hear the nature of the DRUM sound in this low compression audio artefact mess.
From what is audible it does sound authentic 80s, like from a linn drum machine, I'd say.

Back