David Gest Found Dead

ZippyMJ

Proud Member
Michael Jackson’s friend David Gest has died in a London hotel aged 62.

Gest is well known for his long-term friendship with Michael Jackson, that dated back to their childhoods. Later in life he became known to Michael’s fans when he produced the ‘Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration’ in 2001, which was performed in New York’s Madison Square Garden. Michael was also best man at Gest’s wedding to Liza Minnelli in 2002.

In 2011 Gest produced the documentary ‘Michael Jackson: The Life Of An Icon,’ which premiered in London’s Leicester Square and was later released on DVD.

He became well-known in the UK after appearing on ITV’s I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, finishing in sixth place and later became a judge on the talent show Grease Is The Word and appearing in Celebrity Big Brother.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called at 10:17 on Tuesday 12 April to the Four Seasons hotel, in Westferry Circus to reports of an unexplained death of a man in his 60s. London Ambulance Service were called to the scene. Life was pronounced extinct at the hotel. A post-mortem will be held in due course. Next of kin are in the process of being informed.”

Police have said there appear to be no suspicious circumstances.

Source: BBC News

Also: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36028232

cKno8.png

R.I.P.

I never saw these pics before. Thanks.
Wow, this is sad and shocking that yet another person connected to MJ has died (e.g.,Elizabeth Taylor, Frank Dileo, Arnold Klein. Majestic Magnificent, Ricky Lawson who was his drummer on the Bad Tour, now David Gest.) RIP.

It's so weird that Gest was recently on a reality show (maybe UK Celebrity big brother?) when musician David Bowie died and one of Gest's fellow houseguests became distraught when she misunderstood it to have been David Gest that died.

I remember watching the premiere live for his "The Life Of An Icon" documentary back in 2011. On the red carpet, the host of the livestream interviewed him, and he was very straight to the point and blunt in defending Michael, to a startling degree, lol. Seemed like a funny guy.

EDIT: Found the link and embed to the stream (Gest's part is at 19:19):

http://livestre.am/16S3B

Watch live streaming video from mjlifeofanicon at livestream.com

Last edited:
That's very sad and unexpected news. He always seemed like a good guy who cared about MJ. I wonder what Liza's reaction will be.

I must say, I was surprised when I read the news about David Gest.
Was he ill? I wonder what was the cause of death.

Condolences to his family and friends. May you rest in peace.

RIP.

So many of Michael's friends and associates have died in the past seven years :(

I still cant belive it :(

He was only 62 still so young :(

My deepest condolences & sympathies go out to his family & friends

For those who don't know, he had been on Celebrity Big Brother UK in January yet had to leave due to illness. He barely featured on the show and spent most of his time away from fellow housemates in a separate bedroom due to his illness.

He appeared on a programme, also in the UK, called Loose Women (chat show) and looked well and I believe he said he was fine at that time. He was joking and making up his usual funny stories.

Such a shame. R.I.P.

Never would have thought Liza Minelli would have outlived Elizabeth, David, and MJ (in reference to them being the focal point of Liza's wedding).

I thought he was older, he looked for his age, then 62 wasn't that old indeed.

I don't know how close their friendship really was but it seems since David divorced Liza they weren't friends anymore, he seemed closer to Tito. Anyhow, his documentary about Michael was awful. Just because he was defended regarding the allegations it doesn't make a fair assessment of the person.

For those who don't know, he had been on Celebrity Big Brother UK in January yet had to leave due to illness. He barely featured on the show and spent most of his time away from fellow housemates in a separate bedroom due to his illness.

He appeared on a programme, also in the UK, called Loose Women (chat show) and looked well and I believe he said he was fine at that time. He was joking and making up his usual funny stories.

Such a shame. R.I.P.

That was him? I just remember David Bowie died and his ex-wife from eons ago broke down and said "David's dead!" and some other chick thought it was the David who was in with them. Never knew it was Gest though.

Eerie how he was also due to go on tour in July, just as Michael was.

That was him? I just remember David Bowie died and his ex-wife from eons ago broke down and said "David's dead!" and some other chick thought it was the David who was in with them. Never knew it was Gest though.

Yeah, it was him. He would of had a really good chance of winning it going by how he did on another reality show in the UK. Such a shame he never got to properly participate.

A weird thing about it all is Tiffany (that's who Angie Bowie said 'David's dead' to) even started selling T-Shirts recently with the quote 'David's Dead' on them... and then he passed just over a week later. I personally find those T-Shirts distasteful, even if David Gest hadn't died, as somebody had actually died in the whole mix up.

Edit: I've just seen he had pneumonia whilst in the Celebrity Big Brother house.

Last edited:
Back