Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Official Title/Logo revealed
Cf5n542WIAAQ4uE.jpg
More info: (Second Reboot with Sony Pictures collaborating with Marvel Studios putting the character into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As of right now, Actor Tom Holland is playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Actress Zendaya Coleman is playing a character named "Michelle". Her character will not be a love interest for Parker or a lead character in the film. However, her character will play a big part in future installments. Kevin Feige confirmed that characters from previous MCU properties will appear in the film. Film is being directed by Jon Watts. Film will be in theaters July 7, 2017)

Last edited:
This is the movie I'm the most excited about right now. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero. I'm sure this will be great but I don't like that logo and the name at all. They think it's clever because Marvel gets to make it but the name feels stupid. The villians I would like to see in the future movies are Scorpion, Shocker, Mysterio and Chameleon. Venom would also be great but they did the story already in Spider-Man 3. It could be done better but I don't want them to do same things again.

Last edited:
This is the movie that I'm the most excited about right now. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero. I'm sure this will be great but I don't like that logo and the name at all. They think it's clever because Marvel gets to make it but the name feels stupid. The villians I would like to see in the future movies are Scorpion, Shocker, Mysterio and Chameleon. Venom would also be great but they did the story already in Spider-Man 3. It could be done better but I don't want them to do same things again.
I'm most excited about the solo BLACK PANTHER film. I understand what you're saying about the title but disagree about the logo. I like the old school font it has cus remember tom holland's Spider-Man costume looks similar to the costume from the 1960s Spider-Man cartoon. Venom being put in Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 3 was not his idea or choice, that was sony.

I'd hate it if they turned Iron Man into some kind of mentor for Spider-Man. Spider-Man has never needed a mentor before, so I see no need for him to have one now.

[h=1]Donald Glover Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’[/h]
mfleming.png

by Mike Fleming Jr <time class="date-published updated">June 14, 2016 10:09am</time>

<article class="post-1201772429 post type-post status-publish format-standard has-post-thumbnail hentry category-breaking-news category-news tag-donald-glover tag-marvel-studios tag-sony-pictures tag-spider-man-homecoming tag-tom-holland vertical-film">
donal-glover.jpg

Rex/Shutterstock
EXCLUSIVE: Donald Glover is joining the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming, the Jon Watts-directed superhero movie that stars Tom Holland for Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. The big question that will be asked in the fanboy set is, what role is he playing? The talented young actor was at the center of a lot of social media conjecturing back when the project was solidifying, as many felt he would be an ideal candidate to play the Spidey character in his third major onscreen iteration. Glover, aside from being a writer on 30 Rock handpicked at age 21 by Tina Fey to becoming a castmember on Community and co-star of films like The Martian, Magic Mike XXL and The Lazarus Effect, is also a hip hop artist who records under the name Childish Gambino. I am waiting for clarity from Sony and Marvel as to what he&#8217;s going to do in the film, which will star Michael Keaton as The Vulture, and which has a youthful cast of Peter Parker pals played by Zendaya, Michael Barbieri, Kenneth Choi and Tony Revolori. Robert Downey Jr, who helped introduce Holland&#8217;s fresh-faced Spidey character in Captain America: Civil War, has also signed on to wear his Iron Man costume for the film. Marisa Tomei also reprises her role as Aunt May. Producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are certainly putting together a cast high on youthful energy, and also diversity.

Glover&#8217;s also got the FX series Atlanta coming this fall that he created, produces and stars in. It revolves around two cousins on their way up through the Atlanta rap scene whose opposing views on art vs commerce, success and race complicate their quest. Glover is repped by WME, MGMT Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg. http://deadline.com/2016/06/donald-glover-spider-man-homecoming-1201772429/

</article>

I think Robert Englund would be a fantastic Vulture
vulture_marvel_xp2-fancasting-the-mcu-spidey-reboot-png-218686.jpg

He's age appropriate for the character, he resembles the character. And he played The Vulture in the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series

They are filming the movie right now and the costume has been seen on the set:
rs_634x1024-160711160415-634.Tom-Holland-Spider-Man-Filming-Atlanta.ms.071116.jpg

CmPq_d_VYAAC03m.jpg:small

Looks great. I like the back spider logo. I hope the costume will look like an actual costume in the final movie and not CGI like in Civil War.

Reportedly Zendaya will be playing Mary Jane. Btw, let's be clear that the character is NOT defined by her race.
Zendaya-Spider-Man-Homecoming-826x620.jpg
Official Artwork from Comic-Con of Spider-Man with Vulture
Spider-Man-Vulture.png

Last edited:
I personally would like the characters be like they are in the comics. I have never liked when they change characters too much. It's annoying.

I personally would like the characters be like they are in the comics. I have never liked when they change characters too much. It's annoying.
You're annoyed by this? Imagine how annoyed Black ppl (among others) have been for decades being whitewashed. You really need to get over it.

You're annoyed by this? Imagine how annoyed Black ppl (among others) have been for decades being whitewashed. You really need to get over it.

I don't think there is anything wrong wanting Mary Jane to be like she is in comics. There is no reason to change it. I would be annoyed too if they changed black characters to be white. I'm just a comic nerd who wants movies to be like comics.

I don't think there is anything wrong wanting Mary Jane to be like she is in comics. There is no reason to change it. I would be annoyed too if they changed black characters to be white. I'm just a comic nerd who wants movies to be like comics.
Then you need to get with the program that not everything is gonna be like the comics. Also there are (as I said before) characters that are NOT defined by their race. You should also be a comic nerd that is open to different interpretations instead of the same old thing every single time. You don't like that then here's an idea, don't watch. Problem solved. While the other comic nerds who are more open to different interpretations have a good time while you complain about irrelevant things like Mary Jane being black.

I hate how they have to release trailers for trailers nowdays but that looked great. I like how Spidey has webs under his arms like in the comics.

I hate how they have to release trailers for trailers nowdays but that looked great. I like how Spidey has webs under his arms like in the comics.

Soon we'll be having teaser trailers for teaser trailers

I like how Vulture looks. His helmet kind of looks like some high altitude parachuting helmet. Maybe the wings could be simpler but the costume is great. Michael Keaton is interesting choice to play him.

CzPgNuaXEAA8zB0.jpg

CzPgiArWgAA0gJE.jpg

Last edited:
I love how intimadating The Vulture looks in this. I loved him from the comics, but I never found him scary or intimidated. But here he looks like a real threat to Spider-Man.

Back