New Book: MJ Off The Wall For The Record

Psychoniff

Proud Member
If anyone here is familiar with Chris Cadman, he is the author of Michael Jackson The Maestro The Definitive A-Z Volume II - K-Z

I won't be holding my breath on this one, it seems he basically rehashed the parts the book (above); the OTW references to capitalise on the recent OTW Documentary by Spike Lee, and the album's re-release. Through amazon Kindle, I read a sample of the book, and not so surprisingly, one of the first things he mentioned is the fact that he recycled parts of first book for this one. So if you're familiar at all with the first book then reading this one isn't a necessity at all, since you won't learn anything new. Otherwise, feel free and enjoy.

AVAILABLE TO ORDER NOW

Michael Jackson Off The Wall For The Record

“Off The Wall is beautiful music. Lovingly crafted superbly arranged and topped by the immaculate vocals of Michael Jackson, who’s probably the best singer in the world just now in terms of style and technique. His singing is so graceful.” – NME

Two weeks before Michael Jackson turned 21 his first solo album with Epic Records was released. OFF THE WALL came during a period when Michael was hitting his next musical phase. Having not only been well received for his portrayal as the scarecrow in The Wiz film, he and his brothers also proved that they could write and produce their own material with the successful release of DESTINY. Michael also announced that he was to take control of his own career too having been managed by his father since a child.

Turning 21 meant Michael was taking care of his own destiny and musical path. Dedicated to his mother Katherine and ‘The Year of the Child, OFF THE WALL was a critical success and spawned 4 Top 10 singles on both sides of the Atlantic and by 2015 it had sold well over 20 million copies worldwide, some feat when you consider his next album THRILLER was to go on to become the biggest selling album of all time.

OFF THE WALL FOR THE RECORD takes a retrospective look at the album that was released in August, 1979 and how Michael and a team of A list writers and producers put it together. OFF THE WALL FOR THE RECORD covers: The album, The singles, The stories around that period, The chart success, The Reviews, The Triumph Album & Tour, in addition to Motown re-issues and Michael’s appearances has a writer, producer and backing vocalist for other artists during the 1979-1981 period.

OFF THE WALL FOR THE RECORD is the first in depth look at the album that in general is virtually skipped by most authors. OFF THE WALL FOR THE RECORD is designed to give a new generation of fans and current ones the chance to look back on what proved to be a very successful campaign for Michael Jackson and the first steps to becoming a global superstar on the same scale bestowed on Elvis Presley and The Beatles. THIS IS OFF THE WALL FOR THE RECORD.

218 pages
USA - $15.99
Available in UK shortly £10.99

His MJ Masterworks site has also recently been updated with OTW and Victory Tour related stuff: http://www.michaeljacksonmasterworks.com/

Book Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jacks.../1530949378/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460285282

If anyone here is familiar with Chris Cadman, he is the author of Michael Jackson The Maestro The Definitive A-Z Volume II - K-Z

I won't be holding my breath on this one, it seems he basically rehashed the parts the book (above); the OTW references to capitalise on the recent OTW Documentary by Spike Lee, and the album's re-release. Through amazon Kindle, I read a sample of the book, and not so surprisingly, one of the first things he mentioned is the fact that he recycled parts of first book for this one. So if you're familiar at all with the first book then reading this one isn't a necessity at all, since you won't learn anything new. Otherwise, feel free and enjoy.

His MJ Masterworks site has also recently been updated with OTW and Victory Tour related stuff: http://www.michaeljacksonmasterworks.com/

Book Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jacks.../1530949378/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460285282

Lollllllllll

Everyone is out there to cash in, everyone is writing books trying to be experts

Lollllllll

This stuff is a riot, another book thats gonna rehash the same thing

But what is really needed is THE book whose sole purpose is to dig deep to explain the true context of what really happened to this immensely gifted artist

But thata the book the world doesn't want, that's the irony

The ppls will never want to read a book like that all they want to read is the negative. Why is it the negative in Michael life out weight the positive in his life i just doesn't get it and it is sad to see.:(

The ppls will never want to read a book like that all they want to read is the negative. Why is it the negative in Michael life out weight the positive in his life i just doesn't get it and it is sad to see.:(

Honestly, at this point I'm pretty sure that a lot of people get some kind of sick kick from saying bad things about MJ, and spreading lies about him.
Never before have I seen SO much hate directed at such a kind, giving, and benevolent man.

Michael is one of if not THE most hated and slandered entertainers in the history of music.
It's very sad really. :(

But that's why it's up to us to combat all of that hate with love. :)

Honestly, at this point I'm pretty sure that a lot of people get some kind of sick kick from saying bad things about MJ, and spreading lies about him.
Never before have I seen SO much hate directed at such a kind, giving, and benevolent man.

Michael is one of if not THE most hated and slandered entertainers in the history of music.
It's very sad really. :(

But that's why it's up to us to combat all of that hate with love. :)

But this same Michael Jackson was not hated from 1969 to 1985

He wasn't just loved, he was beloved

Why do you assume it's negative? Knowing Chris Cadman's other books I doubt it is.

^I didn't say it was negative. It's just rehashed information. So unless you don't own or haven't read his original book, then it's pointless reading this one.

^I didn't say it was negative. It's just rehashed information. So unless you don't own or haven't read his original book, then it's pointless reading this one.

In my vast collection of books I have For The Record Second Edition and the two Maestro books all very helpful volumes. Received my copy of Off The Wall For The Record last week and am delighted with it. Cadman explains that a section he has included for songs written by Michael during the Off The Wall period were taken from his Maestro books - fair play for telling the reader that. I enjoyed reading it and learned a few new facts.

Lollllllllll

Everyone is out there to cash in, everyone is writing books trying to be experts

Lollllllll

This stuff is a riot, another book thats gonna rehash the same thing

But what is really needed is THE book whose sole purpose is to dig deep to explain the true context of what really happened to this immensely gifted artist

But thata the book the world doesn't want, that's the irony

Difference is Chris was writing books on MJ when he was still alive. In fact he self published because publishers told him books about Michael's work didn't sell

He's been a fan since the J5 and writing on MJ since the Off The Wall fanzine days

Last edited:
But this same Michael Jackson was not hated from 1969 to 1985

He wasn't just loved, he was beloved

latest

And again... And again...

Chris Cadman is the greatest, if you're still in here Chris and read this, please be assured that we are still people who enjoy your work.

So tell me is the book re-cyckled material only or just parts of it?

We know you think it's true.

it's not about me thinking anything

what's true is true......

Michael Jackson was already the best entertainer on the planet before he Thriller

Thriller became the culmination of what he already was

most of these books now about Michael that are being released reverts back to the early period of his adult solo career, that's not by accident nor is it calculated

Michael Jackson was celebrated by fans, the media, the greater public, social circles, political circles, in ever since of the word

there was no constant tug of war between he and the media, there was no need to defend anything

the focus was truly centered around what we often say it's no longer the primary focus, his music and his talent

he had people from all cultural backgrounds enjoying his music, he already had the rainbow then

I had the opportunity to witness the experience firsthand as a teenager and there's no need to exaggerate anything

the problem is the newfound image he embraced and projected beginning in the late 80s and causes the focus to be taken away from his amazing achievements

it's not about me thinking anything

what's true is true......

Michael Jackson was already the best entertainer on the planet before he Thriller

Thriller became the culmination of what he already was

most of these books now about Michael that are being released reverts back to the early period of his adult solo career, that's not by accident nor is it calculated

Michael Jackson was celebrated by fans, the media, the greater public, social circles, political circles, in ever since of the word

there was no constant tug of war between he and the media, there was no need to defend anything

the focus was truly centered around what we often say it's no longer the primary focus, his music and his talent

he had people from all cultural backgrounds enjoying his music, he already had the rainbow then

I had the opportunity to witness the experience firsthand as a teenager and there's no need to exaggerate anything

the problem is the newfound image he embraced and projected beginning in the late 80s and causes the focus to be taken away from his amazing achievements

What new found image?
What are you talking about?
Can someone tell me?

Back