Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

   
  1. #16
    Points: 5,829, Level: 49
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    324
    Points
    5,829
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 56 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eulonzo View Post
    I like the 7th date the best. Partially because I'm a huge Britney fan. Both are great though. Dance-wise the 10th date is better.

    I like the one with Britney the best as well,shame the picture quality isnt very good though

  2. #17
    Points: 27,578, Level: 98
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 772
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,516
    Points
    27,578
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 3,593 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    I like it with Britney for something different.. but any time someone takes up MJ vocals for their own.. eh, I want to hear Michael over anyone. lol
    **He lives forever within us**

  3. #18
    Points: 16,842, Level: 82
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    3,927
    Points
    16,842
    Level
    82
    Thanks
    1,850
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 576 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Brittany lol shes got legs/feet for dayssss....



  4. #19
    Points: 223, Level: 4
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Stefano MJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    26
    Points
    223
    Level
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Both but i prefer the perfomance with Britney

  5. #20
    Points: 15,987, Level: 81
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    moonstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    744
    Points
    15,987
    Level
    81
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    having been to both concerts, both performances are special in their own way.

    The Friday night concert, the atmosphere was insane. Alot of people complain about how long it was, how things were not right etc but that just added to the special, incredible, just indescribable uniqueness of what we experienced. Some memories like Michael onstage doing vocal exerciser during a break in performances or the fact that for a few years, before YouTube existed and became mainstream, we were the only ones who had seen Britneys performance. All the parts in between the performances which are cut out of the videos and TV broadcasts, we soaked it all up.

    Just being able to watch Michael watch a show with his family and then actually go onstage and give the performances he did, never mind all the other stuff, seeing the behind the scenes stuff, just being able to watch him for hours and hours, it was time suspended.

    Side note, the reason there is a different dancer on Monday night is because of Britneys contract. She could only perform once, as long as her performance was not broadcast. If her contract had been different she would have done Monday night too. Some of the performers did both nights,Usher was definitely on both nights, and Elizabeth Talyor. Honestly I dont remember much of the performers from the first night as me and my friends were watching Michael when he was sat in the audience watching the show.


    Monday night show was also special and amazing and the atmosphere had a different intensity. New York was buzzing with Michael Mania, those who had not been to the Friday show experiencing something for the first time, those that had been to the Friday show getting to experience everything all over again. Ticket demand for Monday night was insane. Everyone who was anyone in New York just HAD to be there on Monday night, no matter the cost.

    Mondays concert was just incredible, to see everything again, just made the atmosphere even more intense if that was possible. To have the luxury of knowing we would see Billie Jean again, Beat It again, The Way You Make Me Feel Again, sitting the audience watching Michael talk to Elizabeth and just knowing that in an hour or so he would be onstage was something so so special.

    So really you cant say one TWYMMF was "better" than the other, as each need to be viewed in context of that particular concert.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moonstreet For This Useful Post:


  7. #21
    Points: 1,194, Level: 18
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    moonchinking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    40
    Points
    1,194
    Level
    18
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    If Usher was there both nights, then why did he not join MJ for You Rock My World on the 7th?

  8. #22
    Points: 5,789, Level: 49
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    354
    Points
    5,789
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 296 Times in 88 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonstreet View Post
    having been to both concerts, both performances are special in their own way.

    The Friday night concert, the atmosphere was insane. Alot of people complain about how long it was, how things were not right etc but that just added to the special, incredible, just indescribable uniqueness of what we experienced. Some memories like Michael onstage doing vocal exerciser during a break in performances or the fact that for a few years, before YouTube existed and became mainstream, we were the only ones who had seen Britneys performance. All the parts in between the performances which are cut out of the videos and TV broadcasts, we soaked it all up.

    Just being able to watch Michael watch a show with his family and then actually go onstage and give the performances he did, never mind all the other stuff, seeing the behind the scenes stuff, just being able to watch him for hours and hours, it was time suspended.

    Side note, the reason there is a different dancer on Monday night is because of Britneys contract. She could only perform once, as long as her performance was not broadcast. If her contract had been different she would have done Monday night too. Some of the performers did both nights,Usher was definitely on both nights, and Elizabeth Talyor. Honestly I dont remember much of the performers from the first night as me and my friends were watching Michael when he was sat in the audience watching the show.


    Monday night show was also special and amazing and the atmosphere had a different intensity. New York was buzzing with Michael Mania, those who had not been to the Friday show experiencing something for the first time, those that had been to the Friday show getting to experience everything all over again. Ticket demand for Monday night was insane. Everyone who was anyone in New York just HAD to be there on Monday night, no matter the cost.

    Mondays concert was just incredible, to see everything again, just made the atmosphere even more intense if that was possible. To have the luxury of knowing we would see Billie Jean again, Beat It again, The Way You Make Me Feel Again, sitting the audience watching Michael talk to Elizabeth and just knowing that in an hour or so he would be onstage was something so so special.

    So really you cant say one TWYMMF was "better" than the other, as each need to be viewed in context of that particular concert.
    Having been to both also I felt the general feeling in the audience was more like 'what happened'. I actually felt sad watching it.

  9. #23
    Points: 15,987, Level: 81
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    moonstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    744
    Points
    15,987
    Level
    81
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonchinking View Post
    If Usher was there both nights, then why did he not join MJ for You Rock My World on the 7th?
    I dont know, I dont really remember much from the 7th. The reason I know Usher was there on Friday was because me and my friends were standing and dancing and screaming (as you do at a concert) and 3 American girls behind us were not happy as they were Usher fans and they couldnt see him because of us. They told us to sit down and shut up and when we refused they started pouring their sodas over us. That made us scream louder and we then started holding our flags above our heads to obstruct their view on purpose. In the end they left. We didnt care, we had travelled half way across the world to see Michael, it was his night and I dont give a fedora, no one tells me to stop dancing and screaming at a concert!! Compared to the bruises and other minor injuries we get in Europe when we got crushed at barriers, having soda poured on us was nothing.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonstreet For This Useful Post:


  11. #24
    Points: 28,401, Level: 99
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,599
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    6,276
    Points
    28,401
    Level
    99
    Thanks
    5,874
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,209 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Of course the one with Britney. That one is just amazing!

  12. #25
    Points: 22,880, Level: 93
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,987
    Points
    22,880
    Level
    93
    Thanks
    19,389
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,052 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonstreet View Post
    having been to both concerts, both performances are special in their own way.

    The Friday night concert, the atmosphere was insane. Alot of people complain about how long it was, how things were not right etc but that just added to the special, incredible, just indescribable uniqueness of what we experienced. Some memories like Michael onstage doing vocal exerciser during a break in performances or the fact that for a few years, before YouTube existed and became mainstream, we were the only ones who had seen Britneys performance. All the parts in between the performances which are cut out of the videos and TV broadcasts, we soaked it all up.

    Just being able to watch Michael watch a show with his family and then actually go onstage and give the performances he did, never mind all the other stuff, seeing the behind the scenes stuff, just being able to watch him for hours and hours, it was time suspended.

    Side note, the reason there is a different dancer on Monday night is because of Britneys contract. She could only perform once, as long as her performance was not broadcast. If her contract had been different she would have done Monday night too. Some of the performers did both nights,Usher was definitely on both nights, and Elizabeth Talyor. Honestly I dont remember much of the performers from the first night as me and my friends were watching Michael when he was sat in the audience watching the show.


    Monday night show was also special and amazing and the atmosphere had a different intensity. New York was buzzing with Michael Mania, those who had not been to the Friday show experiencing something for the first time, those that had been to the Friday show getting to experience everything all over again. Ticket demand for Monday night was insane. Everyone who was anyone in New York just HAD to be there on Monday night, no matter the cost.

    Mondays concert was just incredible, to see everything again, just made the atmosphere even more intense if that was possible. To have the luxury of knowing we would see Billie Jean again, Beat It again, The Way You Make Me Feel Again, sitting the audience watching Michael talk to Elizabeth and just knowing that in an hour or so he would be onstage was something so so special.

    So really you cant say one TWYMMF was "better" than the other, as each need to be viewed in context of that particular concert.
    This has been my question for years-were the performers there both nights, or did some come on one night and some on another-and they spliced it. I always wondered about Liza Minnelli, Whitney, etc. Elizabeth was there both nights watching?

  13. #26
    Points: 15,987, Level: 81
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    moonstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    744
    Points
    15,987
    Level
    81
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    This has been my question for years-were the performers there both nights, or did some come on one night and some on another-and they spliced it. I always wondered about Liza Minnelli, Whitney, etc. Elizabeth was there both nights watching?
    Whitney was there on Friday night as was Elizabeth. She was wearing the same clothes like Michael on both nights. I remember watching Michael talk to her on Friday night. Destinys Child were there on Friday night, Marlon Brando was there Friday night.

  14. #27
    Points: 6,996, Level: 55
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    385
    Points
    6,996
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 352 Times in 81 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    For me it's the 7th... because I was there. Sadly had to leave before the Monday (in hindsight was amazingly lucky).

    Britney and Michael together on stage was phenomenal.

  15. #28
    Points: 27,578, Level: 98
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 772
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,516
    Points
    27,578
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 3,593 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    You know something very strange about 30th Anniversary, I called in about tickets to Ticketmaster the day I heard it was going on sale.. The guy that I spoke to said that as of right now the show is a rumor.. next thing I knew, it was sold out...

    I still don't understand what the deal is with that!
    **He lives forever within us**

  16. #29
    Points: 15,987, Level: 81
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    moonstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    744
    Points
    15,987
    Level
    81
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    You know something very strange about 30th Anniversary, I called in about tickets to Ticketmaster the day I heard it was going on sale.. The guy that I spoke to said that as of right now the show is a rumor.. next thing I knew, it was sold out...

    I still don't understand what the deal is with that!
    Thats because the first lot of tickets were sold through fanclubs. I got both of my tickets through Deborah Dannelys at mjfanclub .net MJNI were selling tickets as were King of Pop Fanatics, Angel, MJWORLDNetwork, Planet Jackson in France, the Italian fanclub, the Spanish fanclub etc etc. Basically anyone who had a connection with MJJproductions could get tickets for their members.

    Just so you know both mjfanclub .net and King of Pop Fanatics were American fanclubs

    Then the tickets went on general sale, but the demand was huge. Originally only one concert was announced, I think in April then the second was added later. The tickets went onsale in July I think.

    I dont know if the tickets were sold through Ticketmaster or only direct from David Gest/World Events LLC/ Clear Channel Entertainment / MSG Box Office

    Also just like the London Concerts in 2009, even though the concerts were officially sold out, there were many many tickets for sale within the fan community. Many fans bought multiple tickets for the same night, the first ticket was to make sure the would be able to be there and then they starting upgrading and buying more tickets to get better seats. I remember being outside Michael's hotel on Sunday 9 September and fans had tickets for sale.
    Last edited by moonstreet; 04-12-2017 at 09:38 PM.

  17. #30
    Points: 22,880, Level: 93
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,987
    Points
    22,880
    Level
    93
    Thanks
    19,389
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 3,052 Posts

    Default Re: ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ (MSG, 2001): Which of the two performances do you prefer?

    ^^That explains a lot. The last time I watched the 30th anniversary show I recognized people in the audience from the TII announcement.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •