Michael Lehmann Boddicker sues MJ Estate

ivy

Proud Member
Grammy Award-Winning Composer Suing Michael Jackson’s Estate

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A Grammy award-winning composer is suing Michael Jackson’s estate, claiming the King of Pop never paid him for the work he did on some of his most famous albums and singles.

Michael Lehmann Boddicker’s lawsuit alleges deceitful concealment and seeks several hundred thousand dollars in damages.

The lawsuit filed Thursday states that Boddicker and Jackson began a professional relationship in 1978, and the plaintiff made contributions to the late singer’s “Off the Wall,” “Thriller,” “Bad” and “Dangerous” albums.

The plaintiff said he was also involved in composing some of Jackson’s singles, including “Black or White,” “The Way You Make Me Feel” and “Blood on the Dance Floor.”

Boddicker said he began documenting his contributions to Jackson’s works in 1989 and made many requests over the years to be paid for his services, according to the lawsuit.

The 63-year-old composer received a Grammy as a songwriter for “Imagination” from the 1984 film “Flashdance.”

An attorney for the Jackson estate, Howard Weitzman, downplayed the lawsuit Friday, accusing the plaintiff of chasing Jackson for money he did not owe.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...inning-composer-sues-michael-jacksons-estate/

So, is there anyone who isn't planning on suing the estate? Sheesh...

So let's get this straight.

Claims to of made uncredited contributions to Off The Wall. Having not been credited then proceeds to contribute to Thriller. Again, not credited so helps out with Bad. Once again, not credited and helps out with the Dangerous album. For the fourth time he's uncredited again and then what? Decides he's had enough? Never contributing again after four albums? Also having not been paid he continued to contribute?

Began documenting his uncredited work in 1989. Made many requests over the years to be credited. Then, 27 years on from beginning to document his uncredited work he sues?

Also, if he's uncredited then how the heck does Wikipedia mention his work for MJ? His name is even mentioned on MJ pages such as Black Or White.

He's down on IMDB as having played keyboard during the MSG shows. So, having not been credited nor paid countless times he was happy to work for MJ again?

In the 2003 documentary 'The Michael Jackson Story' he happily sits and talks about his time working on Thriller and praises MJ and the other people who worked on the album.

Why is he happy to write an article, after MJ's death, about working on Thriller despite getting no credit and possibly not being paid? http://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/...nds-of-his-signature-songs-then-and-now/27406

This sounds like total utter nonsense.

Last edited:
I have seen this guy's name in that new book called Making Michael. In the book he is always up in Quincy's a** with his comments and talks down on MJ. I wonder if he uses the same lawyers as Quincy (and Wade Robson/James Safechuck). I also wonder that he is one of those people in the book who thought you deserve co-composer credit when you play something that MJ dictates you to play and now he is trying to make money of that idea.

But in the book he never says anything about being a co-writer of any of these songs (I just made a quick search of his name in my Kindle copy of the book). So it is strange that after all these years he would suddenly remember co-writing these songs and I think it is ridiculous that someone would only sue now for something like this - 20-30 years after these songs were released and while the other party is not here for 7 years to answer.

"Began documenting". I can "document" anything I want to claim about myself.

Sounds like yet another money grab to me.

Legally speaking I'd think statutes of limitations would be heavily in play here. Not only we are 20-30 years after the release of these songs, but also 7 years after MJ's death and the administration of his Estate. If he felt he had a claim against MJ he should have filed his claim at the very latest when the period for creditor's claim was open after the administration of his Estate. Now that period is closed. Will he claim that he went to a therapist and he only now realizes he co-wrote those songs? Or will he claim he wasn't aware of MJ's Estate until now? SMH.

Last edited:
Great last two posts. Fool needs to go sit down

"Boddicker said he began documenting his contributions to Jackson’s works in 1989 and made many requests over the years to be paid for his services, according to the lawsuit."

These kind of lawsuits shouldn't be allowed if the other party is dead and MJ cannot defend for himself:(

I was thinking statute of limitations too-there's that definite length of time to send in creditor claims on the estate.

Maybe the floodgates have opened. Maybe all these session musicians will read this book and suddenly remember that hey-they wrote those songs too!! Maybe the engineers will realize they helped write these hits!! Maybe the janitor will remember humming a few lines and it became part of Thriller.

Everybody line up and sue!!

This is just unreal this man is way to late claiming this. Like it was mention in the post he did this four time why would you keep on doing it. i really believe he is making this up just to get some money. Common sense would tell you if you are not getting paid for it don't do it.

And the list go on and on how many more will we see.

Will I get some money out of the Estate for dusting my MJ albums regularly? I should try ...

Ughk!:doh:"Lousy stupid freaking dumb son of a..." I'm so sick and tired of people suing Michael, especially the Estate, I tell ya they're just a bunch of $$ sucking leeches and makes me wanna hate them even more. Backstabbing b@$^@#%$!:throwingstones

Will he claim that he went to a therapist and he only now realizes he co-wrote those songs? Or will he claim he wasn't aware of MJ's Estate until now? SMH.

LOL
I just wonder how is he planning to prove that he had something to do with composing Black or white, BODF or anything?
Does he have demos where he is playing the melodies before MJ sang them to anyone?
Does he have sheets he wrote before MJ first revealed the melodies to anyone?
Does he have tapes where MJ sang the melodies and he changed them in any way on the fly and MJ said OK
we will do it this way?

Exactly what parts of these songs did he invent and what does this "documentation" mean?
Did he write in his diary: today I contributed three notes for MJ's Black or white song. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

This case seems to be closed.

Whether its settled or or dismissed for other reasons, I don't know - Ivy (CN in case you don't have it BC619449)?
Last entry says:
11/28/2016 Notice (OF ENTRY OF ORDER ON THE STIPULATION DISMISSING THE ACTION WITH PREJUDICE )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

(n the formal legal world a court case that is dismissed with prejudice means that it is dismissed permanently. A case dismissed with prejudice is over and done with, once and for all, and can't be brought back to court.)

This case seems to be closed.

Whether its settled or or dismissed for other reasons, I don't know - Ivy (CN in case you don't have it BC619449)?
Last entry says:
11/28/2016 Notice (OF ENTRY OF ORDER ON THE STIPULATION DISMISSING THE ACTION WITH PREJUDICE )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

(n the formal legal world a court case that is dismissed with prejudice means that it is dismissed permanently. A case dismissed with prejudice is over and done with, once and for all, and can't be brought back to court.)
One down several more to go.

Back