Ghosts appreciation/discussion thread.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
The purpose of this thread is to discuss and appreciate everything Ghosts and Ghosts related.
Ghosts is by far one of the best short films in the HIStory of music and can only be seen as lesser to other short films by King/ Emperor Michael. :D

Shortened version

Full length:
Will post when and if I find it not in parts.

Some awesome Ghosts gifs :D
XXFHxmbdbJ8is.gif

tumblr_m9zznyWW8r1qcvaxho5_250.gif

TPaROI.gif

tumblr_m9zznyWW8r1qcvaxho1_250.gif

Michael-Jackson-s-Ghosts-michael-jackson-22727373-300-200.gif

Last edited:
There I 'fixed' it lol :cheeky:

Anyway, thx for this thread as Ghosts is by far my MOST fave shortfilm of MJ.

I know it by ♥

I love the storyline and the special effects.

What 'baffled' me the most is that MJ even plays 'the mayor' :busted: So that makes him the 'master of disguise'. It was only when I saw the credits roll by, I noticed it and went :blink:

I love how they created the zombies and my Fave part is when they dance on the ceiling. I love the effect and I absolutely love the 'classic music' part in it. I love how MJ can blend Music styles so smoothly.

Another fave part is when the Maestro just left the Mayor and all wobbly and confused he puts on his glasses again and looks so scared at MJ that 'cracks' me up in laughter each time :hysterical:

Another :hysterical: part of Ghosts is when the Mayor thinks he has won and opens the door to leave and this BIG face of MJ says "HELLO" and the Mayor is so freaked out he just leaps out of the window. So funny really! I always comment ' you need to pay for that broken window' lol.

So did we have a great time here?

I love the end when even the Maestro is scared and he doesn't want to admit it. Did I scare yé? No... well... Maybe... ;D

fashion%20statement_zpszn1kxcl8.jpg

themayorLOL_zps2ac17a42.gif

Daryll748;4149681 said:

I know it by ♥

What 'baffled' me the most is that MJ even plays 'the mayor' :busted: So that makes him the 'master of disguise'. It was only when I saw the credits roll by, I noticed it and went :blink:

I love how they created the zombies and my Fave part is when they dance on the ceiling. I love the effect and I absolutely love the 'classic music' part in it. I love how MJ can blend Music styles so smoothly.

Another fave part is when the Maestro just left the Mayor and all wobbly and confused he puts on his glasses again and looks so scared at MJ that 'cracks' me up in laughter each time :hysterical:

Another :hysterical: part of Ghosts is when the Mayor thinks he has won and opens the door to leave and this BIG face of MJ says "HELLO" and the Mayor is so freaked out he just leaps out of the window. So funny really! I always comment ' you need to pay for that broken window' lol.

I love the end when even the Maestro is scared and he doesn't want to admit it. Did I scare yé? No... well... Maybe... ;D

Thanks for fixing it!

I agree with everything you said especially about the Mayor.
The only thing that blows MJ's cover are those beautiful brown doe eyes of his.
I've NEVER seen anyone with eyes like MJ's. :)

I agree, the 3d, the music and everything and how Maestro puts the conservative old man in his place. The part where he becomes a skull and does the dance in skelton form is amazing.

The high light has to be its Michael playing the conservative man too. I am actively hunting the DVD of the whole movie just to keep it.
This song for me with Is it Scary is the whole highlight of the late 90s for Michael Jackson.
He is also asking you to address your OWN prejudices in the song too.

I agree, the 3d, the music and everything and how Maestro puts the conservative old man in his place. The part where he becomes a skull and does the dance in skelton form is amazing.

The high light has to be its Michael playing the conservative man too. I am actively hunting the DVD of the whole movie just to keep it.
This song for me with Is it Scary is the whole highlight of the late 90s for Michael Jackson.
He is also asking you to address your OWN prejudices in the song too.

I notice that too.
It's like the mayor represents/embodies all of the hatred and prejudice that Michael faced.:(
That's why I get sad when the hand holding the mirror burst out of the still semi-possessed mayors stomach and Michael says those insults, everything that Michael says during that scene is what Michael heard people constantly say about himself in reality.:cry:

Daryll748;4149681 said:

I know it by ♥

Aw! You have to watch the "making of" Ghosts, a VH1 special, I think. You can watch Michael transform into the mayor. It´s a very cool (and sexy :cheeky:) special!

Michael being determined and bossy in Ghosts = :swoon:

LOVE Ghosts, how the story and 'Is it Scary' so perfectly metaphorically represent his life.....

Thanks for sharing the making of Ghosts. I love it too. Michael being :eek: when Stanley claims where he got his grey hair from LOL

Anyway, the part I don't like :blush: is where the Maestro says "fine, I'll go" and he slams himself 'broken' into the floor and I literally cringe in these scenes. I mean, if I would have witnessed it LIVE, I would have 'destroyed' that whole take by 'trying' to save him :busted: and then Michael would 'obviously' claim that 'it's only a movie' :D

I do remember so well the first time i saw the skeleton dance :woohoo: That was something !! I do love the whole movie , yeah it's my fav from Michael.

Hard to find the full movie on YT but it's by parts.

I love Ghosts because in my opinion among his short films (plus Bad), this is the one that I can say he was not MJ the singer, but MJ the actor. MJ the dancer was still there, but to me what shined the most is the aspiring actor in him. (y)

Back