Rewatching 'The Michael Jackson interview' and...

prettyyoungthaang

Proud Member
I guess I'm feeling depressed, guys.

Re-watching 'Take 2' of Martin Bashir's documentary where Michael's camera footage is shown. The way Debbie discusses how helpful and loving he was during Prince's birth. She tears up thinking of how happy Michael looked when he was born. Michael discusses how much he loves his children, how he wants more, how much fun he has in his Neverland Ranch.

He was such a pure soul, and he had no idea that Bashir was going to manipulate his footage and back stab him in-front of the whole world. Michael is truly blessed when Bashir comments on the pure love he has for his children, and then he runs to the media shouting 'Michael's a bad father, his kids are suffering!'

Everything Michael says and does in this interview, in every interview... everything he did in his life was with the purest intentions. He was such a gentle and beautiful soul and the whole world turned against him.

Does anyone find this hard to shake? I love Michael, I want to listen to his music, watch his videos, hear him talk... but it's so hard because every time I do I am reminded of how wonderful he was and how cruelly this world treated him.

I don't know if this is in the right section or anything, but I feel like I need some MJJCommunity lovin' right now.

It was kinda shocking seeing that Take 2 show, wasn't it? Bashir's behaviour was awful. The thing that bothered me as well was how little attention it got, and how cheaply put together it looked - was it a Schaffel production?

Despite everything that happened to Michael in his life he remained open and pure of heart to the end. It was something that was both admirable and frustrating about him.

Yes I think the jury was struck the same way. All 14 counts: NOT guilty

It was kinda shocking seeing that Take 2 show, wasn't it? Bashir's behaviour was awful. The thing that bothered me as well was how little attention it got, and how cheaply put together it looked - was it a Schaffel production?

Despite everything that happened to Michael in his life he remained open and pure of heart to the end. It was something that was both admirable and frustrating about him.

Take Two documentary aired 2-3 weeks after the initial airing of LWMJ. When you have 2-3 weeks to organise shoots for interviews/location shoots, ingest and examine dozens and dozens and dozens of hours of raw footage, then somehow edit it all together into a cohesive 87 minute documentary, it's not going to be the most slick presentation ever.

Take Two documentary aired 2-3 weeks after the initial airing of LWMJ. When you have 2-3 weeks to organise shoots for interviews/location shoots, ingest and examine dozens and dozens and dozens of hours of raw footage, then somehow edit it all together into a cohesive 87 minute documentary, it's not going to be the most slick presentation ever.

The Private Home Movies show had a little of the same feel.

well and they were taken from shots of not tended for public use.. camera quality was more so of a home video and when you put a normal camera in a room (one angle) in the same place as special lighting etc, it drowns out even more stuff.. Can't forget to mention the mics were not plugged into them, so audio suffers..

That played a big part in lack of 'quality'... I think they should have shopped re-airing a lot more cuz LWMJ got a lot of play.. A LOT!

well and they were taken from shots of not tended for public use.. camera quality was more so of a home video and when you put a normal camera in a room (one angle) in the same place as special lighting etc, it drowns out even more stuff.. Can't forget to mention the mics were not plugged into them, so audio suffers..

That played a big part in lack of 'quality'... I think they should have shopped re-airing a lot more cuz LWMJ got a lot of play.. A LOT!

It's not the source material quality I was referring to. Clearly home video footage from the 80s is not going to look it's best. I just mean the production value of the overall broadcast.

I really enjoy this documentary and like to re watch it as you get a inside personal view of Michael and his home, It's just a shame what that scumbag Bashir turned it into i hope he gets what's coming to him one day!

I really enjoy this documentary and like to re watch it as you get a inside personal view of Michael and his home, It's just a shame what that scumbag Bashir turned it into i hope he gets what's coming to him one day!
He supposedly has an inoperable brain tumor. I read that several years ago, and I assumed he would be dead by now.

Michael Jackson was the first celebrity who passed away, where it felt like I'd lost a friend. I never had the chance to meet him, but his attitude and obvious love for people radiated from him. I was 13 when the first allegations hit, and I remember being scared it was true for a long time...only to be relieved when he was found not guilty in 2005. Now though, the whole mess seems to have started again, and I feel pulled in opposite directions. I don't say this to garner pity, but I was actually molested by someone whose face I can't recall, when I was five years old. I know what that feels like emotionally, and I have an extremely tough time believing Michael could ever do something so despicable. Yet, because of different things both public and personal, I often feel now like I did in '93...wanting the truth but also feeling scared of it.

Michael Jackson was the first celebrity who passed away, where it felt like I'd lost a friend. I never had the chance to meet him, but his attitude and obvious love for people radiated from him. I was 13 when the first allegations hit, and I remember being scared it was true for a long time...only to be relieved when he was found not guilty in 2005. Now though, the whole mess seems to have started again, and I feel pulled in opposite directions. I don't say this to garner pity, but I was actually molested by someone whose face I can't recall, when I was five years old. I know what that feels like emotionally, and I have an extremely tough time believing Michael could ever do something so despicable. Yet, because of different things both public and personal, I often feel now like I did in '93...wanting the truth but also feeling scared of it.

There is nothing to be scared of regarding Michael.

You can read all about those allegations here: http://michaeljacksonallegations.com/

Read the link respect gave. You'll be shocked by the truth (however, the truth isn't that MJ was guilty).

Evan Chandler gave MJ a 'nice happy to see you hug' and 'patted him on the back like an old friend' the first time he saw him after Jordan supposedly confessed to having been abused! This comes directly from Evan's brother, Ray. After that hug, Evan laid out his monetary demands.

The media won't ever, ever, tell this side of the story.

Edit: I'd also advise reading this - https://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/evan-chandler-and-david-schwarz-full-transcript/

It's the taped phone conversation between Evan and Jordan's stepfather. Look out for his response to when Jordan's stepfather asks about the effect of Evan's plan on Jordan...

Back