Thread: MJ's user in MJJC

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: MJ's user in MJJC

I wonder when he discovered the forum. Did he know about the forum when he said "They tell you something, but it's not the truth." ? I can't remember his exact words. I think it was in the B*sh*r interview. If I had known about his presence here before his death, maybe I would have believed he was respect77. Or someone else who writes a lot, sounds serious, and seems to be very knowledgeable.
    May you rest in peace Karen Carpenter, Janis Joplin, Terence McKenna, Jonah Lomu, George Michael

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Word Smith Sr For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,686 Times in 8,976 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Word Smith Sr View Post
    I wonder when he discovered the forum. Did he know about the forum when he said "They tell you something, but it's not the truth." ? I can't remember his exact words. I think it was in the B*sh*r interview. If I had known about his presence here before his death, maybe I would have believed he was respect77. Or someone else who writes a lot, sounds serious, and seems to be very knowledgeable.
    LOL. I can assure you I am not Michael, nor do I have him here with me unfortunately.

I remember the mods shared a bit of information about MJ's membership here. I don't think he posted. The mods knew his user name and whenever he showed up they bumped up certain threads for him because he liked them. One was the Gold Pants thread, another a thread where people were drooling about his curls. LOL. So apparently, nothing really serious. He just liked to see women fawning over him. LOL.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    LOL. I can assure you I am not Michael, nor do I have him here with me unfortunately.

I remember the mods shared a bit of information about MJ's membership here. I don't think he posted. The mods knew his user name and whenever he showed up they bumped up certain threads for him because he liked them. One was the Gold Pants thread, another a thread where people were drooling about his curls. LOL. So apparently, nothing really serious. He just liked to see women fawning over him. LOL.
    How did the mods find out he was using the website, and that he was registered?

"Some people misunderstand me, but that's because they don't know me at all."

Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,148 Posts

Michael probably contacted gaz and the staff at mjjc and they most likely helped him set an account

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,337 Posts

Assuming this is true, I cannot imagine what this forum meant to Michael.

Living the life those close to him said he did in his final years, I can only imagine Michael felt like half the world had forgotten about him, and half was against him. I remember reading that he once went to a club and was shocked when "Billie Jean" came on. In that state of mind, can you imagine finding a forum where THOUSANDS of people are dedicated to you? I know there's all this discussion about whether or not celebrities really cared about their fans, but given Michael's life from 2006-09, I can only imagine any love meant the world to him.

I pray one day we find out what his username was (and how he proved himself to be the real Michael Jackson to the mods).

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Assuming this is true, I cannot imagine what this forum meant to Michael.

Living the life those close to him said he did in his final years, I can only imagine Michael felt like half the world had forgotten about him, and half was against him. I remember reading that he once went to a club and was shocked when "Billie Jean" came on. In that state of mind, can you imagine finding a forum where THOUSANDS of people are dedicated to you? I know there's all this discussion about whether or not celebrities really cared about their fans, but given Michael's life from 2006-09, I can only imagine any love meant the world to him.

I pray one day we find out what his username was (and how he proved himself to be the real Michael Jackson to the mods).
    Actually, I hope his username won´t ever be uncovered. It is a tiny bit of the privacy he had and still has in this world.
    "I´m the temple, you can´t hurt me,
    ..I found peace within myself"

...Michael Jackson - Jam

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonstruck87 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I think he was aware he still had lots of fans who loved him dearly (I mean, there were always overly-obsessive ones who camped outside his bloody house in his final years - read the book by his bodyguards).

I think the surprise at the nightclub stemmed from him imagining the general public had moved on, only to find instead that they in-fact still liked his music... at least.

Quote Originally Posted by moonstruck87 View Post
    Actually, I hope his username won´t ever be uncovered. It is a tiny bit of the privacy he had and still has in this world.
    It's funny because I'm fascinated to see what he posted, if anything, but on the other hand I agree with you. I think it's best it stays private.

Makes me wonder how many comments I've read online on anonymous social media (such as Reddit and other forums) that were posted by famous people I know of, under the disguise of a random user account.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HIStoric For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Yeah, as much as I'd love to see if he posted anything and what he said, I don't think it's really something that needs to be revealed.

Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,715 Times in 3,518 Posts

Leave his tiny bit of privacy alone. I'm glad MJJC made that commitment of keeping Michael's username unrevealed.

I think I have a hint he read how happy we were to see him more often in 2009 and how we lost our minds when the curls came back. I remember how a fan wished he'd wear a Peter Pan t-shirt and he wore it, I commented myself (because he was seen very often with white surgical masks) that I was so happy to see Michael and how I loved his outfits but he'd look better with back masks because it matched them and he wore a black one early June. I'm more than happy to believe he knew how much we still love him and how much he means to us. I just feel embarrassed to think I might have offended or disrespected him reading my comments on the Manhood thread.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow White luvs Peter Pan For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White luvs Peter Pan View Post
    Leave his tiny bit of privacy alone. I'm glad MJJC made that commitment of keeping Michael's username unrevealed.

I think I have a hint he read how happy we were to see him more often in 2009 and how we lost our minds when the curls came back. I remember how a fan wished he'd wear a Peter Pan t-shirt and he wore it, I commented myself (because he was seen very often with white surgical masks) that I was so happy to see Michael and how I loved his outfits but he'd look better with back masks because it matched them and he wore a black one early June. I'm more than happy to believe he knew how much we still love him and how much he means to us. I just feel embarrassed to think I might have offended or disrespected him reading my comments on the Manhood thread.
    Oh my gosh I had forgotten about the Peter Pan incident! Those were some precious times weren't they? I really cherish those memories. I remember commenting on the curls thread too and then learning that he had loved that thread. I'm sure you're right that it was the manhood thread he loved too Funny. I wasn't on staff back then, I only became staff shortly after June 2009 so I had the whole anonymous experience as well, I think that's beautiful and something I hope he found joy in. Bless his heart!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StaceyMJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,346 Posts

I would like to know if I've conversation with him.. I understand privacy and respect that, but this is something I would want to be able to cherish! what did I possibly say to him.. and was it good/loving.. was it not?
    **He lives forever within us**

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I understand wanting to cherish a personal memory with him but don't you think it's a selfish request either way? I'm sure Michael LOVED the anonymity a fan forum or Internet in general could offer him.

Before knowing Michael was a member here I thought of changing my username but nowadays I want to think he might have liked it.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,346 Posts

Selfish or not, to know the conversations I had with him (if any) would be amazing beyond words.. Of course for privacy reasons MJCC could keep the Screen name private so we can't go to the page etc and basically stock into everything.. butttt, to get personal convos or know if there has been any 1 on 1 interaction would be awesome.

was it mjjc days or back in mjjf days? I remember staff discussing this but I don't remember how long ago it was.
    **He lives forever within us**

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

What if he was a troll on the forum?

Or what if he never really came here and this myth was just to boost interest in this forum?

Food for thought.

click...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I'm not 100% certain but I think I remember reading Gaz saying Michael didn't post. He preferred checking out what we were saying.