Garbage

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Are there any Garbage fans here? They are an alternative rock band and their first album came in 1995. Someone might know them from their Bond theme The World Is Not Enough. Their new album Strange Little Birds was released this month:

strange_little_birds-37184325-frntl.jpg

Music video of the song Empty:

I bought it last week and it's a great album. I have listened it 5 times already and it gets better every time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_(band)

https://www.youtube.com/user/GarbageVEVO/videos

Last edited:
One of the best Bond themes ever...

I agree. Not so good movie but a great theme song. Definitely in my top 5 Bond themes.

I have been listening their 2nd album Version 2.0 a lot. Every song is good.

Last edited:
To me, Shirley Manson (from Garbage) is the best Scottish product in terms of music.

She is also such a distinct, authentic personality.

‘Beautiful Garbage’ is my favourite album from them & one of my all-time favourite albums in general. Songs like the distressful ‘Can’t Cry These Tears’ or the angry, vigorous ‘Shut Your Mouth’ are among their greatest tracks.

Unfortunately, the loss of her mother seemed to have a very bad effect on Shirley’s artistic career (& subsequently on the Garbage’ s artistic evolution).

I have to say that their last two albums (‘Not Your Kind Of People’, & ‘Strange Little Birds’) are musically inferior to their previous works.

I would rank the two newest albums over Bleed Like Me. That is my least favorite album of theirs but it has many great songs. The title track is one of my favorites. I wasn't sure about Not Your Kind if People at first but it got better with more listens.

Last edited:
Shirley received NME Icon Award few weeks ago!

They are also working on a new album right now and Version 2.0 20th Anniversary tour will be this year. I hope they come to Finland.

New promo pic
uN3E6h7zIhw.jpg

Their second album Version 2.0 was released 20 years ago today on May 11, 1998.

Garbage_-_Version_2.0.png

One of my favorite albums.

Back