The most impressive and stunning MJ tribute I've ever seen or heard!

defdave

Proud Member
YES, THIS IS HIS ACTUAL VOICE!

Guys, I've been a Michael fan for 33+ years (since I was 4-5 years old in the Thriller era). Because of this, I'm very picky and cynical about MJ impersonators. The first time I saw this Jeffrey Perez guy, I didn't give him a second look because I didn't think his face was close enough to Michael. But last night I watched some more videos and became mesmerized.

Watch this amazing performance. This guy exudes the essence of Michael Jackson like no other. It's shocking how much he sounds like MJ and how his overall performance just totally feels like you're watching Michael at times. His performance is so natural and electric unlike many impersonators whose acts tend to feel a bit too forced imo.

Dirty Diana. Amazing performance and that is not MJ singing, it's Jeffrey Perez!
He's got soul and energy so incredibly similar to Michael Jackson.

Man In The Mirror. I'm shocked by how good this is. He's got so much soul. You've got to watch this whole video.

You've got to see/hear how he handles Bad and Man In The Mirror in this video.
Also, check out the 25:00 minute mark. Uptown Funk MJ style! :)
The Jackson brothers were in the audience for this amazing performance. I would love it if Jeffrey Perez would tour with them in the future.

He also sings some deeper album cuts like Liberian Girl and Loving You (from Xscape):
The Lady In My Life:

He is OK. Obviously a hard worker but I wish fans stopped making outlandish claims about these impersonators like "watching him is like watching Michael" as if they are promoting a friend or a cousin or something. No, it isn't.

But then I never understood the appeal of impersonators anyway. I prefer originality. If I want to watch MJ I will watch MJ, not someone copying him.

With all due respect to your opinion, he is more than just "OK". And I thought I was cynical! lol

I would put good money down on a bet that if I would have created this post by just pasting some audio links of his performances without anything about "tribute", you and everyone would have been fooled into thinking it was some newly discovered live MJ clip. I actually should have done it that way, then made the reveal. lol

But if you just don't enjoy impersonators at all (and I usually don't), then I can see why you think it's just "OK". But if you're open minded to impersonators at all and are intimately aqcuainted with Michael's voice and energy, this Jeffrey Perez cat is freaking impressive. :)

You must be him because imo it sounds nothing like Michael Jackson to me

It's without a doubt the closest to MJ's vocals I've ever heard. And I'm not alone in that opinion around the internet, although here on this forum I seem to be. lol

Guys, it's ok to like things like this. You aren't betraying Michael by digging a tribute artist.

It might also come down to open vs. closed minds though. I'm also a fan of the Xscape album and think Michael would have loved it. I know a lot of MJJC folks trash that record though. I come from a different perspective and am open to enjoying things as long as they are respectful to MJ and have entertainment value.

He's got a nice voice but nope.. that was nothing like watching Michael - at least not to me! It's kinda funny seeing some other guy trying to be all sexy with a mic stand btw - brave! but funny. It just makes me go man.. can't nobody stroke it like Mike! ;)

With all due respect to your opinion, he is more than just "OK". And I thought I was cynical! lol

I would put good money down on a bet that if I would have created this post by just pasting some audio links of his performances without anything about "tribute", you and everyone would have been fooled into thinking it was some newly discovered live MJ clip. I actually should have done it that way, then made the reveal. lol

But if you just don't enjoy impersonators at all (and I usually don't), then I can see why you think it's just "OK". But if you're open minded to impersonators at all and are intimately aqcuainted with Michael's voice and energy, this Jeffrey Perez cat is freaking impressive. :)

Well, each to their own. To me he is not that impressive, in fact, some of his moves I found downright awkward and comical. Eg. I guess 1:48 in the Dirty Diana video is trying to be this. LOL.

93343046_4356311_91596707_tumblr_laor1kbOMU1qcsr0lo1_r3_500.gif

Besides, when you follow his mouth, it is actually lip synced.

He has a somewhat similar tone to MJ's but as a singer he is not MJ. I am also annoyed by the fact that he is trying so hard to copy every last breath of MJ. It just makes it ridiculous and awkward sometimes because at the same time he lacks MJ's charisma, elegance and swag. A performance like Man In The Mirror by MJ is so great because MJ gets into "the zone" and takes it to church every time. He just takes you to some another spiritual realm. And even if it is the same performance over and over again he never fails in that, never lacks authenticity, it never seems routine. But with this guy all you see is someone who is trying hard to concentrate on going through a routine that he intends to copy down to the T - down to the exact locations where MJ took a breath. While I acknowledge that the guy must have put hard work into it, but these kind of things just don't impress me. But like I said, each to their own.

Guys, it's ok to like things like this. You aren't betraying Michael by digging a tribute artist.

Is it also OK not to be as impressed as you? Maybe not everyone who doesn't share your opinion does that out of closed-mindedness. Maybe we just get impressed by different things in a live performance.

Last edited:
You said the Jackson brothers were in the audience? Too bad he didn't pull them onstage for that version of "Uptown Funk." They love Bruno Mars.

It might also come down to open vs. closed minds though. I'm also a fan of the Xscape album and think Michael would have loved it. I know a lot of MJJC folks trash that record though. I come from a different perspective and am open to enjoying things as long as they are respectful to MJ and have entertainment value.

That's an unfair statement on your part. Many fans here love Xscape and some don't but they're entitled to. It has nothing to do with being unimpressed by MJ impersonators. Just because you like them doesn't make you more open-minded.

Well, each to their own. To me he is not that impressive, in fact, some of his moves I found downright awkward and comical. Eg. I guess 1:48 in the Dirty Diana video is trying to be this. LOL.

Besides, when you follow his mouth, it is actually lip synced.

He has a somewhat similar tone to MJ's but as a singer he is not MJ. I am also annoyed by the fact that he is trying so hard to copy every last breath of MJ. It just makes it ridiculous and awkward sometimes because at the same time he lacks MJ's charisma, elegance and swag. A performance like Man In The Mirror by MJ is so great because MJ gets into "the zone" and takes it to church every time. He just takes you to some another spiritual realm. And even if it is the same performance over and over again he never fails in that, never lacks authenticity, it never seems routine. But with this guy all you see is someone who is trying hard to concentrate on going through a routine that he intends to copy down to the T - down to the exact locations where MJ took a breath. While I acknowledge that the guy must have put hard work into it, but these kind of things just don't impress me. But like I said, each to their own.
I don't mind that impersonators copy every breath and gasp of Michael's, because that's their job-they're supposed to be a direct copy.

I do mind it when other singers cover Michael's songs, and do the adlibs and sighs at the exact same time, because they're NOT impersonators, and they're should be making a song their own. Yes, I do it when I'm singing along with the stereo or in the car, but I'm not a professional singer. I'm just a regular off-key singer who likes to sing along loudly.

I have yet to see a good Michael impersonator, or maybe I just don't care for them. Like Respect said, this guy lacks the authenticity and sincerity and SOUL that Michael displayed in his performances-and on record-and I definitely agree with her comment on the charisma-my eyes are wandering all over the stage and audience in these clips and my eyes NEVER come off Michael when he's on stage.

A performance like Man In The Mirror by MJ is so great because MJ gets into "the zone" and takes it to church every time. He just takes you to some another spiritual realm. And even if it is the same performance over and over again he never fails in that, never lacks authenticity, it never seems routine.
Exactly, and that's the thing.. to me, it's not even about doing a certain move in a certain way - whatever Michael did, it came from the soul. It was so sincere, so authentic, personal and passionate, and he can make you feel all of it while watching him. I'm convinced that played a huge part in why his music and dance resonated with so many people. You can't copy that cause you'd have to be him. That's why I personally feel like impersonating is no use, no other person can ever emulate something that came from the heart and soul of someone else..
I guess stuff like this has a lot to do with the way each of us 'experience' Michael's performances.. For me it's all about emotion, so that's why every impersonator's performance will always fall flat, but maybe for some people it's not that 'deep'.

lmao, right?! also saw him try this one a couple times but... :rofl:
kindacrotchdirtydiana.gif~c200

It might also come down to open vs. closed minds though.
Nah, it's just your opinion vs. someone else's :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again: ain't nothing like the REAL THING, baby! I' ve seen Mike live and have no interest in impersonators.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey is a HUGE fan and he is AMAZING! Closest voice to Michael that Ive ever heard...

Back