Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Comic-Con Poster
Cn_JlWUUMAAnvld.jpg
Comic-Con Trailer

I'm excited about this. I'm a huge King Kong fan so it makes me happy that they are making a new one. The 1933 original is my favorite movie of all time and the 2005 remake is very good too. The only thing that worries me about this movie is Kong's size. He is too big and the only reason for that is that they can make him fight Godzilla. I hope it doesn't affect the movie in a bad way. Also it looks like he will walk like a human like he did in the 1976 remake. It can look ridiculous easily.

Last edited:
I'm excited about this. I'm a huge King Kong fan so it makes me happy that they are making a new one. The 1933 original is my favorite movie of all time and the 2005 remake is very good too. The only thing that worries me about this movie is Kong's size. He is too big and the only reason for that is that they can make him fight Godzilla. I hope it doesn't affect his in a bad way. Also it looks like he will walk like a human like he did in the 1976 remake. It can look ridiculous easily.
Think you should be more concerned with Godzilla's height than kong cus isn't he much bigger?

Victory2004;4157872 said:
Think you should be more concerned with Godzilla's height than kong cus isn't he much bigger?

I don't think there will much difference in their height. They couldn't really fight if Kong was a lot smaller.

Here is what they have said about Kong's size and he looks really big in the trailer:

“From the size of the skull, you can tell that things on this island are much bigger than audiences are used to with traditional Kong lore,” Vogt-Roberts previously told EW. “Our Kong is by far the biggest Kong that you’ve seen on screen, and that translates to a lot of different things on the island. Peter Jackson’s Kong was around 25 feet. The ‘33 Kong ranged between 25 feet and 50 feet, I want to say he was 50-plus feet when he was on the Empire State Building. He varied in size dramatically! The ’70s Kong was somewhere between them. The thing that most interested me was, how big do you need to make [Kong], so that when someone lands on this island and doesn’t believe in the idea of myth, the idea of wonder – when we live in a world of social and civil unrest, and everything is crumbling around us, and technology and facts are taking over – how big does this creature need to be, so that when you stand on the ground and you look up at it, the only thing that can go through your mind is: ‘That’s a god.’”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ull-island-comic-con-trailer-is-here#/slide/1

From the trailer:
c8vZRSZ.png

Last edited:
I didn't like this. I didn't care about any of the characters and story could have been better. Kong's size was part of the problem like I expected. They could have done so much more with him if they had made him smaller. He could have interacted with the characters more. Also the island itself and all the creatures were really bland. I really wanted to like this. I rewatched the original and all the remakes recently and they are all very good. 1933 and 2005 movies are perfect.

James Rolfe has made great videos about Kong movies:

Last edited:
Back