‘Rich and Acquitted’,

Bubs

Proud Member
REELZ Unveils Fall 2016 Programming Slate

Starting on September 10 celebrities and crime collide with the premiere of two new original series, Rich and Acquitted and Hollywood Homicide Uncovered. First up is Rich and Acquitted at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT where fame and the all-powerful dollar can weigh down the scales of justice. See how Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Oscar Pistorius and Robert Blake were all rich and acquitted.

Rich and Acquitted Premieres Saturday, September 10 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT with the Michael Jackson Episode

Some defendants can afford the best defense attorneys in the country. Evidence is twisted to create gaps of doubt. And in the end the defendants are acquitted even when they may appear guilty. Each hour-long episode of the documentary series Rich and Acquitted tells the story of celebrities who use their money to hire the very best legal teams in order to escape sticky legal situations that would destroy any normal defendant. The series will reveal astonishing details about the alleged crimes and see how powerful attorneys begin to try their cases in the press, swaying potential jurors long before the trial even starts. Episodes include cases involving Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Oscar Pistorius and Robert Blake. Rich and Acquitted is produced by Ashley Oaks Media.
----------------------------------------------

REELZ Unveils Fall 2016 Programming Slate

Starting on September 10 celebrities and crime collide with the premiere of two new original series, Rich and Acquitted and Hollywood Homicide Uncovered. First up is Rich and Acquitted at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT where fame and the all-powerful dollar can weigh down the scales of justice. See how Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Oscar Pistorius and Robert Blake were all rich and acquitted.

Rich and Acquitted Premieres Saturday, September 10 at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT with the Michael Jackson Episode

Some defendants can afford the best defense attorneys in the country. Evidence is twisted to create gaps of doubt. And in the end the defendants are acquitted even when they may appear guilty. Each hour-long episode of the documentary series Rich and Acquitted tells the story of celebrities who use their money to hire the very best legal teams in order to escape sticky legal situations that would destroy any normal defendant. The series will reveal astonishing details about the alleged crimes and see how powerful attorneys begin to try their cases in the press, swaying potential jurors long before the trial even starts. Episodes include cases involving Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Oscar Pistorius and Robert Blake. Rich and Acquitted is produced by Ashley Oaks Media.
----------------------------------------------

These piece of shits they will never tell the truth about that trial.
MJ wasn't aquitted because he was rich. He was aquitted because the case was a pile of bullshit that shouldn't have gone to trial at all.
Evidence twisted? Yeah Sneddon and Zonen sure did just that. Including fabricating evidence.

"powerful attorneys begin to try their cases in the press"

Mez avoided the press like the plague.

"swaying potential jurors long before the trial even starts"

That's what the media and Sneddon did with all the leaks, false reports and biased documentaries.
They did their best to prejudice the jury.

What the **** is REELZ anyway? Some US network?

So basically it is a show that builds on the fallacious sentiment of people that if you are rich and you are acquitted in a court case that's automatically because of having great lawyers who somehow bend the law for you. Will be interesting to see how they will manage to twist such a ridiculous case as the Arvizo case into one which only ended in an acquittal because the defendant was rich. That will be quite an acrobatic feat for the creators of the program, but I am sure they will try.

In reality, had MJ not been rich there wouldn't have been any case at all. And Mez handled the case the complete opposite way as it is described in this preview. He consciously avoided trying the case in the press. It was the prosecution who did that by hiring a PR firm and leaking info to media buddies like Diane Dimond.

I hope Mez watches and will be able to answer to them because based on this preview and the whole premise of the program it does look like they will give a totally false representation of the 2005 case.

Wake me up in year 2017, this year is been more than crappy for Michael.
Next they do movie of Michael's death based on Conrat's book

I looked at the FB and website of this TV. Doesnt seem very significant channel to me. Hardly any comments on their FB.

https://www.facebook.com/ReelzChannel

Even on Twitter they only have 12 400 followers which is a very small number for a TV channel: https://twitter.com/ReelzChannel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hardly any likes, hardly any retweets.

The shows seem to be pretty tabloidish. Conspiracy theories (eg. Princess Diana was murdered), mock celebrity autopsies and all the kind of trash that belongs to a litte trashy tabloid channel. They have recently done an "autopsy" on Prince and it was full of tabloid crap and lies too. National Enquirer "journalists" being interviewed as "experts" on Prince and stuff like that.

They have shows like "The National Enquirer Investigates": http://www.reelz.com/enquirerinvestigates/

National Enquirer Investigates will make viewers question everything they thought they knew about the most sensational crimes and celebrity scandals in Hollywood history. Could new evidence prove once and for all that Natalie Wood was murdered? Is there a never-before-uncovered eyewitness who saw O.J. Simpson at Nicole Brown’s house that fateful night? Were Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown actually murdered? Developed in partnership with American Media, Inc. and America’s most popular weekly magazine, The National Enquirer, the series gives viewers unprecedented access to The National Enquirer’s secret files, featuring never-before-told stories alongside fascinating new evidence, insider interviews and fresh expert analysis.

BTW, American Media Inc. is also the owner of Radar Online...

I have seen comments about this channel with people not taking them seriously - like they know it is tabloid and trash.

I think we should handle it with caution and not be the ones who give them free publicity. Keep it low key and don't spread it around in the fandom.

Last edited:

Well I certainly like these comments LOL
Sums up what they did to MJ too:

image.jpg

I know this is probably naïve of me but I hope that MJ episode speaks truth.. Not some 'cuz he's rich BS' which it prolly will be

This is bull. First of all, more non famous people walk than famous people. Also, non famous people, guilty or innocent do not get investigated in the same way celebs do. Also, when a jury give a "not guilty" verdit to a non famous person (unless the media turn the non famous person into a high profile case), the verdict is accepted and respected. Also, when it comes to a celeb, when the same accusation is towards a non famous person, the media does not go all crazy anf follow those crimes (non famous people are often guilty compare to the celebs who is accused). And of course, good old Race issue. When a black person is accused, people tend to rush to judgement of guilt more quicker than to a non black defendant famous or not and regarless if the accusation is true or false.

Well this is the website of Ashley Oaks Media. Not much to look at, but I think the description pretty much sums it up.
"Dedicated to the art and entertainment of storytelling"

http://www.ashleyoaksmedia.com/

I agree that this should just not have any attention paid to it which I'll bet this group would just love.

Reelz channel made big headlines last year when the Kennedy family complained about the new History mini-series. History under pressure refused to show it so Reelz picked it up. Total trash show.

Kinda put them on the map tho.

I was house/dog sitting last Christmas so I watched 3 of their Michael docs.
:(
The worst part is that they genuinely interviewed people like Tom M. and Dorian Holley intermingled with people like Diane D. and that Radar online guy.
They were all trash but I knew they would be.

This is one of those times where we should be careful about giving no name unknown channels/programes promotion and attention. An an example of the net making something bigger than it is.

Makes me laugh that americas problem is that you CANNOT get justice unless you have the money to defend yourself. But i guess that doesnt make good t.v!

"Evidence is twisted to create gaps of doubt. And in the end the defendants are acquitted even when they may appear guilty."

I doubt this is going to be truthful documentary at all based on the sentence above.
In Michael's case, it was prosecutor who twisted evidence as well tempered it.

It's a trashy tabloid channel, apperently with close associations with the National Enquirer. Of course, they are not going to be fair to MJ. The very tabloidish, fallacious nature of this "doc" is already pretty clear based on that preview.

They are going to be like those TV reports in 2005 about the trial: report the accuser's allegations, act as if they are so credible, but fail to report anything that undermine those claims. The angle they will play will probably be "the defense got MJ acquitted by painting the mother crazy" and "the Jury was star struck by MJ". They will not mention the nonsensical timeline, the many significant changes and the many contradictions and obvious lies in Gavin and Star's stories, the shady dealings of the family etc.

Last edited:
I looked at the FB and website of this TV. Doesnt seem very significant channel to me. Hardly any comments on their FB.

https://www.facebook.com/ReelzChannel

Even on Twitter they only have 12 400 followers which is a very small number for a TV channel: https://twitter.com/ReelzChannel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Interesting how they have 224,000 likes... but struggle to get 0.00005% (aka 10 people) of their fanbase to even like a status. Sounds like someone decided to buy a bunch of Facebook likes in order to seem more popularrrrrrr....

Last edited:
Why did they air THREE MJ shows last Christmas?
And what were they about?
An autopsy one and 2 other trash ones. They're all the same. Similar to the ones that ran in 2005 that I didn't watch then but have seen since on YouTube. All trash. With a couple of actually good interviews thrown in to give them some cred.

I wonder what the tabloid media has in store for MJ on August 29th?

That a good question what will happen on Aug 29? Let see what does the media have left to put a damper on Michael birthday will it be positive or negative mostly likely negative.we will see.

You will see a flock of flying pigs before any postive show

KOPV;4160057 said:
I know this is probably naïve of me but I hope that MJ episode speaks truth.. Not some 'cuz he's rich BS' which it prolly will be

Do you really except to see the truth?

KOPV;4160057 said:

The series is called 'Rich and Acquitted'. Add to that the description is as follows:

See how Michael Jackson, OJ Simpson, Snoop Dogg, R. Kelly, Oscar Pistorius and Robert Blake were all rich and acquitted.

Evidence is twisted to create gaps of doubt. And in the end the defendants are acquitted even when they may appear guilty. Each hour-long episode of the documentary series Rich and Acquitted tells the story of celebrities who use their money to hire the very best legal teams in order to escape sticky legal situations that would destroy any normal defendant.

There will be nothing positive about this.

Like I said, it most likely is naïve of me, so we will see...

I've seen doc series that advertise it as such and not ALL episodes make the person highlighted look bad... Just never before for MJ!

Ive seen a docuseries for example that talked about famous murder trials and all episodes but 1 made the person on trial look guilty..

It probably will not be that way, but I hope I this time I can be naïve and proven it's safe... this time!

Reelz is a channel that blatantly fabricates significant details for their "true crime" mockeries to push a guilt-driven tabloid agenda. Most recently, they did it with the Steven Avery / Brendan Dassey cases. In that special, they presented an entirely different sequence of events than what was presented in court, just to make some aspects of the prosecution's case seem more believable than they really were all while taking in equally erroneous commentary by prosecution sources.

I saw a trailer for this new "special" on MJ and it is the same exact thing, they even refer to him as J@cko. They interview Zonen who says things like "Jackson was vastly outspending us every step of the way, plain and simple," despite the reality being that California invested millions upon millions and traveled the globe as part of their 10+ year investigation, more than any other case in California history. During the trial they alleged MJ was broke etc. whenever it suited their particular claim, yet have no problem claiming MJ was filthy rich and able to buy an acquittal in things like this silly show.

I'd advise avoiding this special at all costs, unless you like watching video versions of National Enquirer.

I saw a trailer for this new "special" on MJ and it is the same exact thing, they even refer to him as J@cko. They interview Zonen who says things like "Jackson was vastly outspending us every step of the way, plain and simple," despite the reality being that California invested millions upon millions and traveled the globe as part of their 10+ year investigation, more than any other case in California history. During the trial they alleged MJ was broke etc. whenever it suited their particular claim, yet have no problem claiming MJ was filthy rich and able to buy an acquittal in things like this silly show.

This was very typical of those 2005 mockumentaries that are still circulated by haters on YT. A high bias for the prosecution, including the over-representation of their side (or representing only their side) of the story and that uncritically, unchallanged, even if the the prosecution's claims in such documentaries fly in the face of what was proven in court. In such mockumentaries their people often were lying about or twisting the facts. They were representing unproven allegations and theories as unquestionable, proven facts, while never giving any info about how those allegations and theories were refuted. And so on and so forth. No wonder, people were so surprised about the verdict when many were fed by a totally false representation of the case in the media. When you look at the case itself, from court docs, the surprise is not that MJ was aquitted, the surprise is how he even got indicted with such a weak case.

So now Zonen is trying to blame it on MJ outspending them? LOL. Every time they come up with a new excuse.

How did MJ outspend them? Because he had money to have a good lawyer? I though you were good prosecutors and you had a strong case, so that shouldn't a problem, should it?

Like you said, TSCM, the prosecution actually spent an unprecedented amount of money on this case. They travelled all over the world, they even hired a PR firm. Why does a prosecution even need a PR firm? I guess to be able to manipulate the public by the means of "mockumentaries" like this. Because in court this prosecution did not have a case. So all there is left to them is to lie about the court case and manipulate the public in cohorts with tabloids.

I see this documentary strongly builds on people's prejudices and jealousy of rich and famous people. A famous person cannot actually be innocent. No. If he gets acquitted that's beacuse of his/her fame and money. Such a clearly manipulative, clearly fallacious, clearly low-brow tabloid stance.

I hope fans will be able to ignore this nonsense for once and not give it the exposure that it certainly aims for by using MJ's name. Please, do NOT spread it around on Facebook, do NOT call for boycotts for it, do NOT create any other campaigns around this - all of that only gives it the attention and exposure it wants. This tabloid channel is highly insignificant and they should remain that.

Last edited:
Reelz is a channel that blatantly fabricates significant details for their "true crime" mockeries to push a guilt-driven tabloid agenda. Most recently, they did it with the Steven Avery / Brendan Dassey cases. In that special, they presented an entirely different sequence of events than what was presented in court, just to make some aspects of the prosecution's case seem more believable than they really were all while taking in equally erroneous commentary by prosecution sources.

I'd advise avoiding this special at all costs, unless you like watching video versions of National Enquirer.
Spending has nothing to do with showing facts so this guy sound crazy.If evidence is there, it is there unless he can show MJ paid a judge which was not the case. A man should not have to pay millions to defend himself either but Zonen ha no problem with that.

Back