Roles you wish Michael would have played.

MJJ'slilgrl

Proud Member
We all know Michael liked acting, and was good at it, so what roles do you wish he would have done?

I, for one, would have loved to see him play The Phantom. I read somewhere that he loved The Phantom of the Opera, and that he identified with Erik, and while I like Gerard Butler (gorgeous piece of man candy he is), Michael would have been amazing in this role; I just picture him singing "Music of the Night," and I swoon.
Can you imagine Michael singing this:

Another role I think he would have been good in is Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, as the voice of Quasimodo. Michael and Disney go together like jelly and ice cream, and I can completely picture him as the soft spoken, lonely Quasimodo.
This is "Out There," Quasi's big song (he starts singing at 1:14), I think Michael would have done a great job :)

SO, what about you guys? What roles do you wish MJ would have done?

Would love to see him as Jay Gatsby in a movie version of The Great Gatsby.

Also, he would be perfect as Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird (The novel by Harper Lee was one of Michael´s favourites).... and then it would be a blast to see Michael as James Brown in a biopic! :)

I think for me, comedy roles... I understand he was always interested in these big characters but to have seen his funny side more and for the public to see that.. BELEVE me that would make him a lot more relatable and people would have opened up to him

I wish he had shot fast-paced fight scenes. Remember "Dragons Forever" with Jackie Chan ? The boat fight scene (with less acrobatics to make it easier) would have been great for Michael.

A bigger role in MiB 2. Or a movie with Eddie Murphy. They were good friends and always fun together

Sendt fra min Lenovo A7600-F med Tapatalk

Eddie Murphy or even Chris Rock... Rush Hour - that would be good comedy and give the fans that want to see some MJ action.. well there you go!

Eddie Murphy or even Chris Rock... Rush Hour - that would be good comedy and give the fans that want to see some MJ action.. well there you go!

Chris Tucker was in Rush Hour. And Chris Rock is a jerk who loved to make pedophile jokes about MJ

I'm with the OP regarding The Phantom Of The Opera, Michael would have an amazing Phantom, better than Gerard Butler I bet. I'd also add Edward Scissorhands since Edward reminds me so much of him, as well as Jack Skellington.

I remember a movie was in the works shortly after Invincible came out, where Michael would have played Edgar Allan Poe. Given his penchant for the macabre with the videos for Thriller and Ghosts, I was really intrigued by that idea.

I would've like to see Michael play in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" in his Smooth Criminal attire, he would help clear Roger's name easy and since he loves animations. And Ooh! Would it be awesome if he also played in one of Tim Burton's films?

stupid I can't believe I wrote chris rock.. I think I watched "everybody hates chris" the day I typed that.. I know the two apart, lol! wow...

Interview with the Vampire.

Playing the role that Antonio Banderas played in that movie. Or Louis.

I remember reading he was meant to have a cameo in rush hour 3. I wish that would have happened

Michael never had that kind of physique Arnold and Sylvester have to play those iconic characters. I've always loved his slim figure, I couldn't imagine him all buff.

Side note to roles he could play I just knowww what movie he would have loved.. When I was in the theater watching Avatar I thought to myself.. I KNOW Michael would have fell in love with this movie.. The fantasy, the meaning behind the story..

I would have loved to see him tell his story, by being a very straightforward mentor/coach. "Are you serious about this ? How often do you dance ? You're late, I hope you were busy learning the lyrics. We are about to start. Show me how you warm up your voice. Today !"

Like a biopic/PSA for entertainers kind of thing.

Last edited:
Back