Dunkirk (2017)

Teaser Poster
dunkirk_xxlg.jpg
Trailer

Last edited:
YouTube Movie Reviewer Chris Stuckmann reviewed Christopher Nolan Films he had never reviewed on his channel leading up to the release of DUNKIRK that consisted of FOLLOWING, MEMENTO, INSOMNIA, BATMAN BEGINS (Which he had reviewed before in 2012 during a BATMAN film series reviews with the Schmoes Know leading up to TDKR but Chris didn't have a BB review on his channel since they went back and forth on their channels doing those reviews) and THE PRESTIGE. His review for INCEPTION he did by request in early 2011, THE DARK KNIGHT was also done during a BATMAN film series reviews with the Schmoes Know leading up to TDKR which is on Chris's channel and his THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and INTERSTELLAR reviews were done the years the films came out.

Last edited:
How are people planning to see this?

I've heard about 70% of it was filmed with IMAX cameras so I will make a point of seeing it in IMAX rather than the lousy conversions they do. There's also a 70mm print showing which I may go to as well if I like the film.

How are people planning to see this?

I've heard about 70% of it was filmed with IMAX cameras so I will make a point of seeing it in IMAX rather than the lousy conversions they do. There's also a 70mm print showing which I may go to as well if I like the film.
Well the film is already getting great early reviews cus the embargo lifted today. A lot of people have been saying to see it in IMAX 70mm which is the format i'll be seeing it in on saturday!! Saw INTERSTELLAR in the same format 3 years ago.

I've already seen this masterpiece in IMAX twice - I might even see it one more time - and it is the film that has motivated me to upgrade to UHD for the home release. I'm so happy for Nolan - another commercial and critical smash. He hasn't missed yet! It's just such a pity that the snowflakes have found something to whine about:

The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...xplores-heroism-innovative-fashion/482574001/

It gets even worse:

What a surprise that Nigel Farage has endorsed the new fantasy-disguised-as-historical war film, Dunkirk. Christopher Nolan’s movie is an inadvertently timely, thinly veiled Brexiteer fantasy in which plucky Britons heroically retreat from the dangerous shores of Europe.

But why is it so important for Nolan, and for many others, that the film expunge all non-white presence on the beach and the ships? Why is it psychologically necessary that the heroic British troops be rescued only by white sailors? What would change if brave men fighting at Dunkirk wore turbans instead of helmets? What would alter if some of the soldiers offered namaaz on the sands before rising to face the advancing enemy for that one last time?

More chillingly, does it also contain a wish to excise the same people from a utopian, national future?

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n-african-dunkirk-history-whitewash-attitudes

The movie was ok. It could have been better but I enjoyed it. Sound design was really good.

It was really good. At times I felt like I was right there in the middle of the war. Some chilling scenes. Yeah, I definitely think it could get some Oscar nods for sound and cinematography.

Back