Celebrating Michael around the world - August 29th

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
"Happy Birthday" Flowers to Michael Jackson at Holly Terrace from Taiwan Fans

CqpR20RVYAA50g2.jpg

Dash Radio @dash_radio

Ready to celebrate #MichaelJackson with us this week? Stay tuned for his pop-up station! http://dashradio.com

Gary, Indiana ?@TeamGaryIndiana

The 7th Annual Michael Jackson Tribute 2016 Friday & Saturday August 26th-27th!!
CqpT9FDUkAEQ4aP.jpg

14034983_10153876687926309_3570022116355015871_n.jpg

14063720_10153876688356309_5200128985408676706_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/DenkmalfuerMichaelJackson/

RADIO 54 ?@Radio54Online

Fiquem ligados! Domingo 16h #MichaelJackson Day! Apoio @SiteMJBrasil ??Next Sunday 4pm Brazil time zone!MJ Day
CqqwlZlWAAAVUIW.jpg

Vh1 India ‏@Vh1India

Tune into #Vh1RememberTheTimeto follow Michael Jackson through time.
29th August | 12pm and 6pm!
Video:https://twitter.com/Vh1India/status/767669813976047616

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainme...cle_e299f402-1763-5660-a4f4-67372df1b9a4.html

Michael Jackson's hometown celebrates with Tribute

The importance of Gary when it comes to the Jackson family legacy was made evident to Dinahlynn Biggs, host of the annual Michael Jackson Tribute, when she hosted the event two years ago.

“I had 12 microphones that were streaming the event to other countries,” she recalled. “And when I went out into the crowd, I saw people that were from as far away as Poland. I saw a guy that was on military leave from Saudi Arabia. He set his leave time to be able to attend.

“I was so overwhelmed because of the amount of people that came from other countries, people from all races,” she added. “Being a person that grew up in Gary, I thought it was great for the community.”

Running Friday and Saturday at Theodore Roosevelt High School Football Field, the 2016 tribute is the seventh annual event. Following the passing of the King of Pop in 2009, Katherine Jackson founded the annual Tribute in the family’s hometown. The performer's birthday is Monday. He would have been 58.

This year, the festival powers that be are returning the favor. The 2016 tribute is in honor of the Jackson family matriarch, who turned 86 in May and is scheduled to make her way to Gary for the two-day event.

The importance of Katherine Jackson on her superstar son and his famous siblings, Biggs said, cannot be overstated.

“She was the one that he could always go to,” Biggs said. “You know how you have that one person in your family who’s the disciplinarian or the judgmental one. Mrs. Jackson seems to me to have been the one that, under any circumstances, she always had that ear there for him.”

The program director as well as the on-air host of numerous shows on Region radio station WLTH (1370 AM) who, along with community programs, has hosted the likes of Jerry Butler, The Chi-Lites and Gene Chandler over her airwaves, Biggs hosted the 2014 Jackson tribute. Biggs has also attended every Jackson tribute since its inception seven years ago.

The host is grateful that Katherine Jackson looked to her former Indiana stomping grounds for her son’s annual tribute.

“They have these kind of events all across the country,” Biggs said. "Mrs. Jackson could have stayed in California and had this event there as opposed to coming to Gary. The importance of her wanting to come back to Gary, to come back home and have this, is a great thing for the city and the people.”

“A lot of people shy away from wanting to come and visit Gary, but when it’s the Michael Jackson celebration, I think all stops are pulled out,” she continued. “There have not been any incidents. There has not been any trouble. Everybody has gathered for the primary cause of paying tribute to Michael Jackson and his music.”

Marshall Thompson, co-founder of the veteran soul/R&B group The Chi-Lites, is a longtime supporter of the Jackson family and their annual Michael Jackson tribute.

A veteran performer and songsmith whose hits include “Oh Girl” and “Have You Seen Her,” Thompson, who resides in Chicago’s southwest suburbs, made the acquaintance of patriarch Joe Jackson and his young performing sons in the mid-'60s, when both the Chi-Lites and the Jackson 5 were making names for themselves on Chicago’s South Side.

“I didn’t have any money then, and they didn’t have any money then,” Thompson recalled. “We were all struggling at the time together and we were all out playing those clubs in Chicago at 69th and Halsted.”

His friendship with the family continued once the Jackson 5 became music and pop culture sensations in the '70s.

“When they made it (successful), every year, I’d go out to the house,” Thompson said. “I was there when their house was small when they were just getting started and I was there when the house got bigger. It was just like being part of the family.”

Thompson, unfortunately, is unable to perform at this year’s tribute due to a contractual obligation with a Region-based venue. He is planning, though, to make his way to Gary to enjoy the festivities on the other side of the stage.

“I would perform for nothing if I could,” he said. “We’re like family. I’m always behind the Jacksons.”

This year, Biggs is sharing hosting duties with Mike “Big Mike Rob” Robertson, an East Coast-based talent scout and artist development executive who hosted last year’s event.

Highlights of this year’s festival include a performance by Tito Jackson who, after more than four decades of service with the Jackson Five and the Jacksons, will release his full-length solo debut, “Tito Time,” in the fall. A single featuring hip-hop icon Big Daddy Kane, “Get it Baby,” hit the airwaves in June.

Jackson is scheduled to close out the festivities at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Michael Jackson dance and singing contests are also scheduled for both days of the festival. The tribute also will include performances by Michael Jackson child tribute artists Ziyanne and Angel, violinist Sassy Bow Flow, R&B songstresses Womack Sisters and R&B/popsters 4EY The Future.

“There are a lot of surprises planned,” Biggs said. “Other celebrities from across the country have been reaching out and they want to come and be a part of this event.”

“You’ll see people who are 80, 90 years old in the crowd wiggling to Jackson’s music and absorbing what he’s created for us,” she added.

FYI: The seventh annual Michael Jackson Tribute will be from noon to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Theodore Roosevelt High School Football Field, 730 W. 25th St., Gary. Admission is free. Call (219) 252-2877 or visit facebook.com/events/692730297543039 for more information.

Last edited:
CqtnBroUAAARFR3.jpg

via Silvily Thomas on FB.....The love is pouring in for Michael at Forest Lawn for his 58th birthday.
CqpuHQzWAAAVPjS.jpg

Lots of love coming from Michael's fans in Hong Kong. #ForestLawn
CqtrAgnVMAAhg4D.jpg

CqtrDZrUMAA5b1p.jpg

This is beautiful Paris 78 thank you for stared this thread.

Just want to share this.

Last edited:
Questlove’s Remember The Time Michael Jackson Tribute In LA

https://vallieegirl67.com/2016/08/26/questloves-remember-the-time-michael-jackson-tribute-in-la/

Posted on August 26, 2016​ by MJ WAS A CUTIE PIE​

​

This Saturday, August 27th, DJ Questlove​ joins Kiss-n-Grind to celebrate the life and musical legacy of Michael Jackson at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. Get your tickets today!

​

Reserved Seating is only available with Bottle Service. For bottle service pricing please e-mail us e-mail us at BottleService@kissngrind.com​. You must be 21 and over to attend.

WHEN: Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)

WHERE: Rivera 31 at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills​ – 8555 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048 – View Map​

14039973_1083273058407753_6998399096478933377_n.jpg

TWO BIRDS

It's hard to tell them what I feel for you. They haven't ever met you, and no one has your picture. So how can they ever understand your mystery? Let's give them a clue:

Two birds sit in a tree. One eats cherries, while the other looks on. Two birds fly through the air. One's song drops like crystal from the sky while the other keeps silent. Two birds wheel in the sun. One catches the light on its silver feathers, while the other spreads wings of invisibility.

It's easy to guess which bird I am, but they'll never find you. Unless...

Unless they already know a love that never interferes, that watches from beyond, that breathes free in the invisible air. Sweet bird, my soul, your silence is so precious. How long will it be before the world hears your song in mine?

Oh, that is a day I hunger for!

Written by Michael Jackson ~ Dancing the Dream

Painting by Max Popov

michael bearden ‏@MichaelBearden
#MJ would've been 58 on Sunday. Miss him!�� Onstage, #ThisIsIt rehearsal photo by @kevinmazur M~ #MJ4Ever …

proxy.jpg

Kerry Hennigan ‏@kerryhennigan
Office party for @michaeljackson on Fri 26th (coz nobody feels like partying at work on a Monday!) #happybirthdayMJ
Cq0nO5PUIAACi_U.jpg

Vh1 India ?@Vh1India

Tune into #Vh1RememberTheTime
29th August | 12pm and 6pm!
CqccP4VUsAA0gfR.jpg

Jennifer Thompson ?@IndyThompson 13 Std.Vor 13 Stunden Fishers, IN

Michael Jackson is ON @Indy_Symphony #SOTP - look at this crowd!!!
Cq5rla1WIAQBNWd.jpg

Cq5wEPdWAAASNAN.jpg

^Where is that, and what's the event? I wish I could go for something like that!

So wonderful to see Michael being loved in so many countries.

I wish he got the same love from his own home country. For instance, most of the fan tributes at FL seem to be from non-US fans.

^^No, its from Who's Bad MJ tribute band on Prairie

Who's Bad ?@whosbadmusic 12h12 hours ago
8,000 in attendance tonight! Thank you Connor Prairie for an unforgettable weekend.

and this
Robin Jarrett ?@wallaceclansman 16h16 hours ago
Huge crowd at Conner Prairie tonight. Who knew Michael Jackson was so popular. #connerprairie

This person has a photo of the event but I cannot post it.

Anyways, who indeed knew MJ being so popular:)

Last edited:
^^No, its from Who's Bad MJ tribute band on Prairie

Who's Bad ?@whosbadmusic 12h12 hours ago
8,000 in attendance tonight! Thank you Connor Prairie for an unforgettable weekend.
Where? In the US? Spike's videos always look like people standing on a crowded street outside his offices-not in the park.

Where? In the US? Spike's videos always look like people standing on a crowded street outside his offices-not in the park.

Nice big crowd in Brooklyn it's a block party so of course they are on the street.

crowd.jpg

Bunch of pictures and videos from the party:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bklovesmj/

The crown in Indianapolis was overwhelmingly white and the crown in Brooklyn was overwhelmingly black.
Nice to see the media couldn't brainwash everyone in America.

Crowd on the prairie:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJoam2uj9E0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJojMTagBOI/

Last edited:
Nice big crowd in Brooklyn it's a block party so of course they are on the street.

crowd.jpg

Bunch of pictures and videos from the party:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bklovesmj/

The crown in Indianapolis was overwhelmingly white and the crown in Brooklyn was overwhelmingly black.
Nice to see the media couldn't brainwash everyone in America.

Crowd on the prairie:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJoam2uj9E0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJojMTagBOI/

Much nicer pictures this year so you can see the whole thing in Brooklyn. Last few years Spike has put out selfies with the crowd pressed behind iron gates in the background-and it didn't look this festive.
I'd love to go to this.

TV One is showing Michael's anniversary special from 2001 today and again tonight at 11:00 pm.

This is wonderful!! So many people celebrating Michael's birthday. The love is still strong.:yes:

MAGIC 101.3 FM

Stared at 10:00 am tomorrow my radio station will be playing MJ all day long :punk:

Last edited:
Don't wanna sound paranoid but just witnesses tons of #HappyBirthdayMichaelJackson tweets disappear.
They were coming in 20/minute then just stopped and vanished.

Does anyone know whether this just happens on twitter or someone at the helm doesn't want MJ to tend?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/HappyBirthdayMichaelJackson?src=hash

Update: tweets vanished again. Weird.

Last edited:
Back