Slave To The Rhythm on Dangerous?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
Should had Slave To The Rhythm been on the Dangerous album?

What song on the album would you replace it with?

I wouldn't touch a hair on Dangerous's head. The album is fine as it is. And all the CLHGA bashing really depresses me. Sure, it's not the best song he's ever made, but it's not terrible. I think it's better than STTR. Also, STTR would sound really out of place on Dangerous for me.

Last edited:
I think Will You Be There and Keep The Faith occupy a certain spot on the album that you really only need one of - and Will You Be There is a far superior song.

So I'd bump Keep the Faith. And I'd move Dangerous up in the tracklisting. Something like...

1. Jam
2. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
3. Dangerous
4. In The Closet
5. Slave To The Rhythm
6. She Drives Me Wild
7. Remember The Time
8. Can't Let Her Get Away
9. Heal The World
10. Black or White
11. Who Is It
12. Give In To me
13. Will You Be There
14. Gone Too Soon

Na, it doesnt suit the album for me. There are other's I would put in the queue before it. I am not the biggest fan of CLHGA or KTF but they both work well with the album and sound.

The idea after all these years of changing a song on an album is like changing an old family photo

The existing demo on Xscape is both too underwhelming/poorly constructed to be released + doesn't fit the aesthetic Dangerous has. It would stick out like a sore thumb.

that song should have been released on an actual MJ album.. have it be Dangerous or another.. To be honest I would have liked the demo to have been saved and reworked for Invincible. To have a track like that on there would have changed it's feel a lot..

If they would have had the track list in a different order and swapped 1 less radio friendly track for a re worked version of STTR I really believe It would have done a lot.. STTR is such a classic MJ track and obviously as we've heard works well with an electronically created instrumental which Invincible had a lot of.

To the next person who suggests amending Dangerous in any way, I'm going to come round to your house on Christmas Day and piss on your turkey.

^ What if they don't eat turkey for Christmas? Some just do ham!!

If you read the bible one of the commandments are ''Thou shall not tamper with Michael Jackson's Dangerous album''

Funny comments.

I will never understand that some of you are always thinking about changing MJs albums. Think about: it´s MICHAEL JACKSON! The King Of Pop! It´s his artwork! Since decades you and I and millions of people all around the world love and admire the man for his unique music, his art - and even the man himself:wub:. He created those songs, worked hard with a lot of people to come to those extraordinary results. In my opinion all of his all albums are perfect as they are - all in their own conceptions, each in its own way.
Of course, everyone of us like some songs more or less. But Michael decided which songs he wanted to have on his albums. And I´m totally satisfied with it:D - he decided it perfectly. I never would think about changing anything! Who am I?
I like some songs which didn´t make it to the albums, too, of course. But it´s okay for me to see them in other places. And by the way - I always liked CLHGA for its interesting instrumental part, its ahead of its time, the beginning 90s. Great Michael Jackson.

If you read the bible one of the commandments are ''Thou shall not tamper with Michael Jackson's Dangerous album''

It's the one after 'Thy shalt not covet thy neighbour's Bad'.

Flymetothemoon - I agree with a lot of what you said, my ocd side has to say though that it's a group that decides really what's on the album.. Yes a group generally put together by Michael but they voted on what makes the album.. Michael wanted Streetwalker instead of Another Part Of me... Would it still be a perfect album? Because if we were here saying "Why didn't we have APOM over Streetwalker.. than we'd say "Don't mess with the album"..

Picture the Bad era without APOM song/video/performance.. that video was many peoples first look at MJ on stage doing his thing in all his glory for a specific generation that was not around for Motown 25.. Plus, he came into his own much more since then...

Would people REALLY miss Keep the Faith on Dangerous? I mean, the song is alright but I wouldn't miss it on the album. Stick it on a b-side maybe.

STTR has one of the most powerful vocal performances by Michael but it has such powerful vocals for such generic music, I don't think it belongs to Dangerous though. I don't get how CLHGA and SDW get so much dislike, KTF is more boring and weaker.

^ I think CLHG and SDW is singled out because of the instruments used.. or I should say that type of 'hit' it has does not have base... coming into the mid 90's and 00's the base sound was such a prominent sound the ear started to want that many many songs without a deep sound of sort gets overlooked or passed aside

I think vocally STTR is as strong as any other song on Dangerous.... After all it's pretty much BAD era Mike recording that song. But don't forget it's still pretty much a demo and I think if it was seriously considered for Dangerous the production of the song would slightly change to suite the Dangerous album.

Am I right in saying Michael started his new album in 1989 which would later become Dangerous? Be interesting to see and hear the other songs / demos around that time to see what direction Michael was going in and how it evolved into the Dangerous album. This thread isn't in no way trying to change Dangerous it's really seeing how and why it evolved into the Dangerous we know today by studying demos and hearing other people's opinions on early recording sessions and comparing STTR with the finished product.

Last edited:
Would people REALLY miss Keep the Faith on Dangerous? I mean, the song is alright but I wouldn't miss it on the album. Stick it on a b-side maybe.

Definitely in my top 50% on Dangerous, although it's dated worse than any song on the album due to it's synthesised production I still love it.

Lyrically & vocally it's brilliant, plus it's another one of those MJ songs that builds to a great crescendo.

"Dust off your butt & get your self-respect back".

Indeed sir.

KTF is a great song, I think people try to compare to MITM and it falls short so it automatically gets over shadowed but it holds it own for sure!!

Keep The Faith is a brilliant song. I don't understand why so many fans dislike it. I love it especially the start of it.

Oh I don't dislike it. I just wouldn't ache for it on Dangerous if the decision had been taken not to include it.

Back