MTV's Blatant Disrespect Of Michael on Snapchat

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
CrDqrGaWIAE8B0r.jpg

CrDqrGnXEAAHej1.jpg

Was it on MTV's page? Even if they post that idiocy, who cares if Beyoncé has more moonmen than Michael? His short films' catalogue floors hers!

It's not a secret MTV people were racist pricks to Michael in the early 80's and increased their biasness towards him in his last years.

e053k7.jpg

Last edited:
MTV has sucked for years; watching the video's unnecessary to realizing that. As for any kind of disrespect they'd have toward Michael, it wouldn't surprise me; they never wanted to play his material from the beginning. Quincy Jones had to threaten them, before they'd play "Thriller", "Beat It", or "Billie Jean".

Rihanna received the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award and she didn't even talk about him. This bitch is ungrateful. Also, Kanye West has now more #1 Billboard Hits than Michael. I'm mad that he's not alive to break every goddamn records again.

F*** MTV.
Without Michael MTV wouldn't be shit, and there WOULD BE NO BEYONCE.
I ain't never watched their trash channel anyway, so not watching them is no skin off my teeth.
I watch the King on YouTube.

May their ratings plummet to hell.

Last edited:
Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4163310 said:
Was it on MTV's page? Even if they post that idiocy, who cares if Beyoncé has more moonmen than Michael? His short films' catalogue floors hers!

It's not a secret MTV people were racist pricks to Michael in the early 80's and increased their biasness towards him in his last years.

e053k7.jpg

No it was on Snapchat, but it's not about the amount of awards Beyonce has anyway(she can't touch Michael in any way shape or form), it's about the blatant disrespect of giving Michael the finger on his birthday.
Let's also not forget that Michael is the most awarded artist in music HIStory, which makes what they did even dumber.

It was Walter Yetnikoff who threaten MTV to remove the videos from the CBS artists if they didn't play Billie Jean. Michael gave the fame MTV enjoyed in the 80's and 90's, he made the channel exciting to watch and them disrespecting him like that is uncalled for and horrible. So F.UCK MTV WITH A PITCHFORK!

f441cda283cd2a1cca453efb88d6ba14.jpg

In 100 years, they will still talk about Michael. All the bullshit around him would be gone. There will only be the man and his genius.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4163310 said:

e053k7.jpg

I wasn't surprised by this......afterall they even shunned Prince, there was no tribute, montage or shout outs for him.....nadda, nope, nothin. So F*ck em :she_devil:

Oh, and the group or person that came up with the idea to do this can go suck on (because what I actually want to say is probably to vulgar) a very sharp and prickly cactus.
I just remembered that fake award shit they pulled in 2002.

Who gives a damn about some MoonMen when you're literally the most awarded artist in the HIStory of music and have the best selling album of all time(who's sells just keep climbing after DECADES), but of course Beyonce fans/stans, and MJ haters will eat it up and think it's hilarious.
MTV and the people that work for them are dumb as f***
Pgy4Na8aRyBuE.gif

MJ put them on the map. Even MTV execs admit that. So who cares about their Moonmen? LOL.

After Billie Jean, Jackson’s Beat It followed the same year. Next came Thriller, a 14-minute short film, and the first of its kind. "For the first time in the history of MTV, we spotted big time ratings spikes," says Garland. "We were averaging back in those days like a 24 hour rating of 1.2, but every time we would play Thriller, we’d jump up to an 8 or 10. We learned a lot about programming."

Jackson‘s videos helped break the color barrier at MTV. More videos by Black artists, most notably Prince, were then aired.

"Fortunately, Michael Jackson helped us to redefine the musical parameters of MTV, "says Brindle, "and to help its audience become accepting of a more diverse group of artists and genres".

It's threads like this that make people think MJ fans are mental.

lougrizli;4163319 said:
Rihanna received the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award and she didn't even talk about him. This bitch is ungrateful.

Rihanna did not need to talk about MJ when she received the award. It was her award, not an award to MJ. Both she and Drake mentioned his name when receiving/giving the award. The only other artists who did before them was Britney in 2011. Others (including Beyoncé) didn't even mention the fact the award was named after him.

How is this making us look mental?
If anything it makes MTV look crazy and disrespectful.
MTV showed their asses and MJ fans are reacting (and rightfully so).
I saw some people that weren't even MJ fans denouncing what MTV did on Twitter.

Last edited:
ummm what I saw is that Rhianna did was she actually mentioned MJ's name in her acceptance while MTV did not mention his name... I'm grateful for that..

How is this making us look mental?
If anything it makes MTV look crazy and disrespectful.
MTV showed their asses and MJ fans are reacting (and rightfully so).
I saw some people that weren't even MJ fans denouncing what MTV did on Twitter.

"some people", "some people".

So ****ing what? A few people don't hold Michael Jackson in the same deity vision that you do?

Why do you care so much what a few people think, or what this MTV graphic may insinuate (it doesn't by the way).

No other artist in history is revered or has the lasting influence MJ has and his record sales also prove that. It's not as if he was this unknown artist that struggled to sell an albumor win an award.

Why are you always making he was hard done by?

"some people", "some people".

So ****ing what? A few people don't hold Michael Jackson in the same deity vision that you do?

Why do you care so much what a few people think, or what this MTV graphic may insinuate (it doesn't by the way).

No other artist in history is revered or has the lasting influence MJ has and his record sales also prove that. It's not as if he was this unknown artist that struggled to sell an albumor win an award.

Why are you always making he was hard done by?

I don't view Michael as a deity so shut up about something you know nothing about, and the "some people" I mentioned were DEFENDING MICHAEL and DENOUNCING MTV, not laughing at or criticizing Michael, so I don't get your point in bolding "some people."

Michael pretty much put MTV on the map with Thriller (and AFTER they had to be forced and coerced into playing his videos because he was black), so for MTV to turn around and do this is disrespectful as shit.
Also, lets be honest, nothing was insinuated and what it meant was VERY CLEAR, which was f*** everyone who's face was there including Michael's, and on his birthday no less.

Lastly, it's pretty much a fact that people have and still do wrong by Michael, so I hardly make anything up.

Last edited:
I don't view Michael as a deity so shut up about something you know nothing about, and the "some people" I mentioned were DEFENDING MICHAEL and DENOUNCING MTV, not laughing at or criticizing Michael, so I don't get your point in bolding "some people."

Michael pretty much put MTV on the map with Thriller (and AFTER they had to be forced and coerced into playing his videos because he was black), so for MTV to turn around and do this is disrespectful as shit.
Also, lets be honest, nothing was insinuated and what it meant was VERY CLEAR, which was f*** everyone who's face was there including Michael's, and on his birthday no less.

Lastly, it's pretty much a fact that people have and still do wrong by Michael, so I hardly make anything up.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me but why do they have to be such jerks to others in the process? Yes, I'm talking about you, Tony.

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly hold Mtv in high regards with regards to their opinion on anything- least of all awards.

If it was the national news, or if it were a lie I'd be a bit annoyed.

This was also a petty and disrespectful attempt to bolster an artist that is already worshipped by the music industry at Michael's expense (who is a legend that is disrespected and slandered on a constant), which will never sit right with me.

No matter how you look at this what MTV did was NOT okay. :/

I expect this tho.
they just look ignorant to me, also aggressive marketing sells these days.

I don't hold them in a high regard since their mockery to Michael in 2002 either, I wasn't aware of their past racist history towards him at that time but that idiocy they posted was rude and disrespectful to the artist who put that channel in the map.

Yes, we? know its rude but its marketed like that for reaction and clicks /swipes and adds. they want reaction Don't give it. Be the bigger person and don't give it any attention. Don't search it. Don't add it. Don't click on it.

Back