New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
So... yeah... someone pointed this out on another board. From an article published 30 August 2016:

While Sambora revealed Orianthi is working on a new posthumous Jackson release (she played guitar on 2010s Monster) the Adelaide-born musician declined to discuss the project any further.

Full article: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/enter...i/news-story/7e844986271951d76f64f2800fe5ce25

And suddenly my hype meter goes through the roof. Any ideas?

Quick side note: I'm gonna bet money it's not Dangerous25. No clue why they would invite a guitarist to record new guitar parts for a reissue that would most likely follow the Bad25 formula and just give us the original tracks. My guess is for a new album, which is exactly what I'm aching for.

Yeah I saw this posted over on Maxjax. Would be good if there's a new album incoming. Hopefully if it's the last of the contract (is it?) they'll put the demos on there again, and, please, actually master them this time. I'm wondering what tracks they'd be able to put on there. Surely they are running out of usable tracks at this point?

At this point, there is still no shortage of material. For the Xscape project they (LA Reid, Sony's Jon Doelp) had 24 songs on hand, which were all sung multiple times/multiple takes by MJ. This was the requirement they had for the songs, that they were sung multiple times by Michael, as an indication that he liked the song/was interested in it.
So there were 24 songs which met these requirements. Then they edited them down, first to 20, then to 14. In the end just 8 made it onto Xscape.
So there are 16 songs left which all met the stringent requirements of LA Reid & this Doelp guy.
One could say that they went with the '8 songs per album' formula, so they have at least 2 albums of unreleased songs in the pipeline.

The best thing is: The songs that made it onto Xscape where almost all previously known by hardcore fans through leaks.
Now there aren't many leaked songs left, so here's hope that we'll get songs which are unknown to even most of the the hardcore moonwalkers out there.

At this point, there is still no shortage of material. For the Xscape project they (LA Reid, Sony's Jon Doelp) had 24 songs on hand, which were all sung multiple times/multiple takes by MJ. This was the requirement they had for the songs, that they were sung multiple times by Michael, as an indication that he liked the song/was interested in it.
So there were 24 songs which met these requirements. Then they edited them down, first to 20, then to 14. In the end just 8 made it onto Xscape.
So there are 16 songs left which all met the stringent requirements of LA Reid & this Doelp guy.
One could say that they went with the '8 songs per album' formula, so they have at least 2 albums of unreleased songs in the pipeline.

The best thing is: The songs that made it onto Xscape where almost all previously known by hardcore fans through leaks.
Now there aren't many leaked songs left, so here's hope that we'll get songs which are unknown to even most of the the hardcore moonwalkers out there.

Yes I was thinking that, now that they've pretty much put all the recent leaks on Xscape there will hopefully be more totally unheard songs on the next album. They haven't released the dangerous outtakes though. You think they will get a release at some point? Or the early thriller demos? I've been thinking we might get a mixture of those on an album, which would suck I guess but they have to release them somewhere.

Last edited:
Maybe it's new guitar solo for Black Widow? Or Soldier Boy? :/

Even the notion of another Cascio track ever popping up on a Michael Jackson album again churns my stomach.

Who/what is this Sambora?

Even the notion of another Cascio track ever popping up on a Michael Jackson album again churns my stomach.

This shit is behind us for good. Estate said no more Cascio track back in 2012.

I can see it now.

1- Soldier Boy
2- Black Widow
3- Water
4- Burn Tonight
5- Alright.

Bonus:

1- Soldier Boy (Club Mix).
2- Monster (Heavy Bass Trap Remix)
3- Burn Tonight (Raw Acapella)

There's honestly nothing that excites me more than hearing MJ's music again. I was so happy when Xscape first came, although I'm not very happy with how it turned out now for various reasons I was still happy to have some unheard music.

hmmmm!! now I gotta know.. I just gotta!!

Best bit of news (MJ Related) I have heard in 2 1/2 years. There is still hope...

IF they are working on a new album, I hope that they don't choose this new project over Dangerous 25. THE FANS REALLY WANT THAT! Can't wait to hear new music though.

O.k., wow. First off Richie Sambora was the lead guitarist (back up vocalist) from Bon Jovi.

Secondly the 24 songs discussed that were worked on or could have been or what have you were the songs that the Estate gave to Sony. That is not all of the songs. I theorize that there are three thousand songs in the vaults and YES I know and realize that that does not equate that they are all good but I'll bet that there's some decent and good quality to most of them if not all of them...whether they are "finished" or not. If I recall he told Grace Rwamba that he had "thousands" of unreleased songs. What people don't know, understand, and or acknowledge is that to Michael the songs were never finished so the term "unfinished" is at best ambiguous and apparently more than likely i.d.ed the recordings as such so that Sony and or whoever were legally not able to release something without Michael's permission. Fascinating but frustrating to hear so much misinformation.

Thirdly I so wish the Estate would leave Sony. How quick the fan community forget that Sony were responsible for helping destroy Michael Jackson and his career. And no it was not all of the U.S. president of Sony "T.M." Mr. ex-Mariah Carey. Surely there is another company on Earth that can release and promote Michael's music better. There are yet to be any good "short promotional films" (a.k.a.: "music videos) made for Michael's music in twenty years since "Stranger In Moscow". How sad.

Last edited:
my imagination is going off.. maybe I should taper back before it goes overboard and let a project fall short...

it' so hard to do though! not drum up what 'could be'

I kept pointing this out to those who whined when Xscape's tracklisting was announced :p

Quick side note: I'm gonna bet money it's not Dangerous25. No clue why they would invite a guitarist to record new guitar parts for a reissue that would most likely follow the Bad25 formula and just give us the original tracks. My guess is for a new album, which is exactly what I'm aching for.

Most likely, but Bad 25 had remixes on there too and Orianthi could very possibly be on one.

1. This Is It
2. Michael Jackson: The Experience
3. MICHAEL
4. The Immortal World Tour
5. Immortal album
6. Bad 25
7. Xscape
8. One
9. OTW Documentary

They don't want to lose money again with an anniversary release, especially for their last project. So it means, we will probably have a new album soon ! Don't forget Cheater and Streetwalker are considered as "demos" for Michael. If 80% of the demos are like those ones, I'm good with it and I already can't wait to heard it.

1. This Is It
2. Michael Jackson: The Experience
3. MICHAEL
4. The Immortal World Tour
5. Immortal album
6. Bad 25
7. Xscape
8. One
9. OTW Documentary

They don't want to lose money again with an anniversary release, especially for their last project. So it means, we will probably have a new album soon ! Don't forget Cheater and Streetwalker are considered as "demos" for Michael. If 80% of the demos are like those ones, I'm good with it and I already can't wait to heard it.

This Is It wasn't included in the contract, which was signed in 2010. Also, I think Immortal might be counted as 1 project (for the same reason why Bad 25's album and doco are considered one project).

This Is It wasn't included in the contract, which was signed in 2010. Also, I'm not sure if Immortal counts as 2 or 1 projects (for the same reason why Bad 25's album and doco are considered one project).

I thought the same thing about Immortal but Bad 25 was a "package" so the same project. The Immortal Tour and Immortal album were not released at the same time. But you're probably right, it could count as only one release.

I thought the same thing about Immortal but Bad 25 was a "package" so the same project. The Immortal Tour and Immortal album were not released at the same time. But you're probably right, it could count as only one release.

Hmm, I was thinking about that too but Immortal's album was released a month and a half after the show premiered. Bad 25's doco aired a few months post-album release and then came out on DVD mid-2013.

That's my line of thought anyway ^_^

The Experience video game and the two Cirque du Soleil shows themselves are separate contracts if I recall correctly. I also recall reading that the This Is It soundtrack was considered as the first project.

Assuming I'm right, the list thus far is:

1.) This Is It soundtrack
2.) Vision DVD box set
3.) Michael album
4.) Immortal album
5.) Bad25 package
6.) Xscape album
7.) Off the Wall reissue/documentary

I figure they'll try to round them out and consider the Bad25 documentary and package as two separate entities considering they were released a few months apart. But even then, that makes only eight projects - meaning we're due for at least two before the end of next year. One seems to be a new album, but the other...? Couldn't even guess.

The Experience video game and the two Cirque du Soleil shows themselves are separate contracts if I recall correctly. I also recall reading that the This Is It soundtrack was considered as the first project.

Assuming I'm right, the list thus far is:

1.) This Is It soundtrack
2.) Vision DVD box set
3.) Michael album
4.) Immortal album
5.) Bad25 package
6.) Xscape album
7.) Off the Wall reissue/documentary

I figure they'll try to round them out and consider the Bad25 documentary and package as two separate entities considering they were released a few months apart. But even then, that makes only eight projects - meaning we're due for at least two before the end of next year. One seems to be a new album, but the other...? Couldn't even guess.

I totally forgot Vision ! What about a new album and Thriller 3D ?

I would be happy with something like they did with Xscape. Include the original demos but rather than get new producers in to contemperise the tracks get the people who actually worked with MJ on the original tracks.

I would be happy with something like they did with Xscape. Include the original demos but rather than get new producers in to contemperise the tracks get the people who actually worked with MJ on the original tracks.

They could make a full album with Jerkins working on Invincible unreleased songs

Honest opinion? Let John McClain loose on whatever the hell he wants.

If there is a single producer who's been consistently great with polishing old vintage demos, it's him. Granted, I'm not sure exactly how he'd handle the newer material, but "Behind the Mask" is easily one of the sharpest offerings on either Michael or Xscape.

Not to mention "Much Too Soon" or "Love Never Felt So Good" - both beautifully done and leagues better than their demos.

"This Is It" too. Such a charming finger-snapping groove around a relatively plain number. That takes talent.

I would like to see some more Timbaland and Jerkins and StarGate, but McClain seems to be the only one who can take a song to a new level while maintaining some level of respect for it. More of him, please.

So excited. I can always do with more MJ music. I was quite happy with Xscape so another album like that would be a dream.

Back