World Cup Of Hockey 2016

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
Man it's been 12 years since "World Cup Of Hockey" last played which was in 2004. Canada was the last champion who won the whole tournament defeating Finland and Finland was a fantastic team. Witnessing Canada won the World Cup Of Hockey was the best early birthday gift before my 18th birthday that night.

Well looks like I found the whole game. What luck.

Canada vs Finland
[YOUTUBE]ZX-o0lscjwk[/YOUTUBE]

Anyways after a long decade of waiting this year has finally come.

Here are the teams in 2 groups.

[SIZE=+5]GROUP A[/SIZE]
CANADALOGO.0.png

[SIZE=+3]CANADA[/SIZE]
CZECHLOGO.0.png
[SIZE=+3]CZECH[/SIZE]
EUROPELOGO.0.png

[SIZE=+3]EUROPE[/SIZE]
USALOGO.0.png
[SIZE=+3]USA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+5]GROUP B[/SIZE]
FINLANDLOGO.0.png

[SIZE=+3]FINLAND[/SIZE]
NORTHAMERICALOGO.0.png

[SIZE=+3]NORTH AMERICA[/SIZE]
RUSSIALOGO.0.png

[SIZE=+3]RUSSIA[/SIZE]
SWEDENLOGO.0.png

[SIZE=+3]SWEDEN[/SIZE]​

And here are the schedules for the Round Robin games.

[SIZE=+3]GROUP A SCHEDULE[/SIZE]x
EUROPE vs USA (3:30pm*) September 17th
CANADA vs CZECH (8:00pm*) September 17th
CZECH vs EUROPE (3:00pm*) September 19th
CANADA vs USA (8:00pm*) September 20th
CANADA vs EUROPE (8:00*) September 21st
CZECH vs USA (8:00pm*) September 22nd

[SIZE=+3]GROUP B SCHEDULE[/SIZE]x
RUSSIA vs SWEDEN (3:00pm*) September 18th
FINLAND vs NORTH AMERICA (8:00pm*) September 18th
NORTH AMERICA vs RUSSIA (8:00*) September 19th
FINLAND vs SWEDEN (3:00pm*) September 20th
NORTH AMERICA vs SWEDEN (3:00*) September 21st
FINLAND vs RUSSIA (3:00*) September 22nd

* only on Eastern Standard Time
x all games playing at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario

Last edited:
I love Canada's 1st line up forward finalized by Mike Babcock. Captain Sidney Crosby will be on the same line up with 2 Bruins players, Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand.

Marchy (63)
1297875944966_ORIGINAL.jpg

Crosby (87) and Bergy (37)
crosby-sidney-140223-620.jpg

The Europeans embarrassed the Americans in a 3-0 win while Canada dominates Czechs 6-0.

Sounds like the Americans are toast tonight (no offense) if Canada wins tonight. Having John Tortorella to coach the US team is bad karma for them. Columbus Blue Jackets have the nerve to hire him as coach and his whining and complaining still gets on my nerves.

Yep. I knew the American team were toast. Ron Wilson is a far better Amercian coach the Torts ever did, at least he doesn't run his big mouth. Now Canada vs Europe is gonna be fun.

The Americans are done. Losing games, no identity and lousy coaching. They'll realizing regretting not having Phil Kessel in the team and regret naming Torts as head coach.

So there's gonna be an ol' fashion hockey rivalry in the Semi-Finals. Canada and Russia will face off once again for an good ol' rivalry game. Sweden will face Europe.

Awesome rivalry game Canada and Russia. Both Crosby (2 goals, 1 assist), Marchand (2 goals) and Bergeron (2 assists) combined with 7 points. This will be my last rivalry game of Canada and Russia ever. Europe defeated Sweden in overtime.

So it's Game 1 with Europe and Canada tonight.

Who rules hockey?

2985__world_cup_of_hockey-misc-2016.png

[SIZE=+10]CANADA[/SIZE]​

Game 2, the Europeans were all over the sleepy Canadians throughout the game with Zdeno Chara scoring 1-0 for Europe. I was like thinking "Come on wake up boys!" until just about half of the 3rd period with score still 1-0 for Europe, the Canadians finally woke up, soon Patrice Bergeron scored a tying/power play goal 1-1 and just about half a minute left in the 3rd period heading for overtime Brad Marchand scored a shorthanded/game winning goal and Canada wins 2-1 and still the World Cup Of Hockey Champion. 3 Bruins scored their goals in that exact game. Chara for Europe and Bergy and Marchy for Canada.

Sidney Crosby is the MVP. I am very happy for Canada winning, but at the same time I'm a little bit sad, because that is my last hockey game ever I'm watching.

HOCKEY IS CANADA'S GAME!!! YEAH BABY!!!

Highlights:
[YOUTUBE]-odVx2qe1T0[/YOUTUBE]

Back