My trip to California and Forest Lawn, 2016 (WARNING:PIC HEAVY!)

TarinJade

Proud Member
Hi everyone,

I'm not as active a poster as I used to be, but I'm still here!

I took a week long trip to California last month, and during my stay I took some time to visit Forest Lawn. I'd like to share that experience with all of you and other things that I did!

I went to Forest Lawn on August 17th, almost two weeks before Michael's birthday. It was later in the day, about 4:30 in the afternoon (the park closes at 6:00 this time of year). It was completely quiet and pretty much empty. I went to the flower shop first and picked out a bouquet (with a sunflower in the center), which I had to bring to the mausoleum myself, as the flower deliveries stop earlier in the day. I already had a gift that I had made to bring over there, so the flowers were a nice bonus to lay alongside.

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2359_1.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

Here are pictures of the other flowers and gifts that were laid down. The roses in the little water bottles each had a flag and the name of a fan from that country attached to them:
IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

The mausoleum itself is absolutely beautiful:
IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

That's my car sitting there.
IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

This is a little area I had never seen pictures of before:
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

I spent nearly an hour and a half there. My boyfriend was with me and we just sat on the bench by the memorials and talked about Michael for a while. There was a nice breeze wafting through the park. It was a really peaceful and serene experience. I waited seven years for this day and I look forward to returning at some point in the future.

As for the rest of my trip...

We stayed in Pasadena; we were there for a convention that weekend, and then we did some sightseeing the next few days after that. The day after our arrival we went on a bus trip that culminated in a visit to Simi Valley (which I absolutely loved!) After we boarded and were waiting for the bus to leave, I took this picture of the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, which should be familiar to many of you:
IMG_0599.jpg

Unfortunately, MY brain was not fully functioning at the time and I had briefly forgotten that this was the location of Motown 25! If I had remembered it would have been a better picture. *facepalm*

Anyway, we also visited the California Science Center and saw the space shuttle Endeavour, and we went to the L.A. Art museum. My photobucket is not letting me upload the pictures to their site and so I cannot post them here at this time. :-( It was a great trip, and can I say, such a relief to get away from the East Coast. The humidity this summer has just been awful, and California, while hot, is completely dry!

Thank you for posting these. I haven't been able to go and don't know if I'll ever be able to make it so I appreciate these photos very much.

Thank you for sharing this. I wan to go there one day; but for now, I can share the experience with you all with these photos. Thanks.

wow that is beautiful! i went to LA for the first time last week but didnt get a chance to go see Michael. your photos made me realize I need to make it a point to stop by forest lawn next time im in califronia.

thanks for sharing :flowers:

Back