Which songs would you have loved Michael to re-record?

Steven1990

Proud Member
I mean just as it was the case with WBSS2008... He recorded some new vocals for an older song. And to me that was amazing because you could hear how his voice had changed. And how similar it was at the same time. Although I didn't particularly like the 2008 remix.
I personally would have loved Michael to re-record Bad or TWYMMF.
I'd like to hear yours...

By the way, I'm new here. Have been looking around for like ten years now though. And my name is Steven.

Welcome Steven1990.

I would have liked MJ to have released the Decade 1979-1989 hits album and to have recorded the adult versions of I'll Be There and Never Can Say Goodbye that were to be included. I just love the idea of Decade and it could have been a big seller and lovely way to finish off his incredible 80's, and still have Dangerous come out in November 91.

Well I know we got the Pepsi commercial but I would have really liked to hear I'll Be There in that tempo and redone in full... Honestly I'd love to hear a lot of the J5 stuff redone with the adult voice... Or hear Music & Me as a duet! would give such an awesome meaning considering the life he had with music.

I Want You Back
I'll Be There
Ben
DSTYGE
Working Day and Night
Get On The Floor
Human Nature
Billie Jean
WBSS
The Lady In My Life
Smooth Criminal
TWYMMF

And welcome Steven

Only songs that he sung as a kid. Could be cool to have him duet with his 11 year old self too.

Could be cool to have him duet with his 11 year old self too.
I love that idea above of singing Music and Me as a duet with himself. His relationship with music was the most powerful in his life and never changed. That would be quite beautiful.

I Wanna Be Where You Are, Maria (You Were The Only One) and Who's Loving You.
I'd love them to have been re-recorded around 1989. So probably how Mike would have sounded had he released the Decade album.
Great topic by the way :)

I subscribe for One Day in Your Life. I've just started playing it on the piano and it's so lovely.

Yeah, 'One Day in Your Life' for me too, such a hard song to sing.

Plus Who's Lovin' You (maybe as a duet with Smokey?)

Hi Steven!

I normally don't like when artists re-record their songs (Paul McCartney) but in MJ's case, I would love if he had re-recorded vocals of his Jackson 5 era songs! Some examples are: Music And Me, One Day In Your Life and Who's Lovin' You. Also, songs like I'll Be There would be amazing too but we kind of already heard them re-recorded because of the live shows.

DSTYGE would have been great. You know, listening to WBSS 2008 you can hear his voice has altered, which is completely normal considering that was a time span of more than two decades between recording those two versions. But it's really interesting you know.

I would have loved MJ to re-record the entire J5 Christmas Album.

Also I would have loved MJ to sing more christmas songs - maybe even write some christmas songs himself.

- Also I'll be There, Never Can Say Goodbye and Who's Loving You.

Neither. I don't see the point.

Well, the point here is that I'm interested in how his voice changed over the course of time, both artistically and physically. Those two factors combined, it would have been quite interesting to me, personally, to hear a rerecorded version (just like WBSS 2008). As said before in this post, from an artistic point of view, Michael's singing style changed as well. I'm a huge fan of both the music and his voice from the earlier and the later years. And that makes it even more interesting.

Who's loving you. Adult version. Wonder if he even thought of signing it just like oh it just popped in my head type of thought

Both Who's Loving You and One Day In Your Life would have been amazing. Also perhaps Ain't No Sunshine.

I'll jump on that.. One Day In Your Life would be an awesome one for sure!

Damn why didn't I think of that? lol

That performance of Ben he did on the Triumph tour was phenomenal. A great example of how amazing his mature vocals sounded on earlier material.

That performance of Ben he did on the Triumph tour was phenomenal. A great example of how amazing his mature vocals sounded on earlier material.

Yeah, I love that. Ironically it sounds better without the J5 backing vocals, but not sure why they didn't do it on the tour.

you can hear a lot of j5 songs (also early ones from before his voice changed) on the jacksons vareity show. I know he was still young, but still, it was with his adult voice

you can hear a lot of j5 songs (also early ones from before his voice changed) on the jacksons vareity show. I know he was still young, but still, it was with his adult voice
Yes-that's what I've been thinking while reading this thread. Variety show is a perfect example of him rolling out that new beautiful adult voice and recreating his childhood songs. I think I first noticed the change around then. Gave me goosebumps. One Day in Your Life is his young adult voice-so beautiful. And not different than SOOML.

Great question...Like others have mentioned, I'd would love if he re-recorded pretty much any song from his J5-Jacksons years.

Side note - Dancing Machine during the 30th Anniversary shows were great!

WBSS, but in it's entirety. Those brief vocals in the 2008 remix was not enough, I needed more.

Also Billie Jean, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. The most random one I can think of is 'Money' because his voice got even deeper since the mid/early 90's.

Back