Rod Temperton dies

Tony R

Proud Member
Absolutely gutted. RIP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37565125

Thriller songwriter Rod Temperton dies

Rod Temperton, the British songwriter best known for Michael Jackson's Thriller and Rock With You, has died.

In a statement, Jon Platt, chairman of music publisher Warner/Chappell, said he died in London last week at the age of 66 following "a brief aggressive battle with cancer".

His other songs included Off The Wall, Give Me The Night, Sweet Freedom, Always & Forever and Boogie Nights.

"His family is devastated and request total privacy," Mr Platt said.

--------

What a genius and key part of MJs story that cannot be under stated

Lady In My Life, Off The Wall and Burn This Disco Out my favourites of all time

So sorry to hear this. Phenomenal talent.

Another star shines. RIP such a brilliant man.

Thank you for your absolute genius.

RIP. Off The Wall, Baby Be Mine and The Lady In My Life were my favorites of his

It's funny I listened to Off the Wall straight through to Invincible on holidays at the weekend, and Rod's songs always stood out as the closest as anyone could possibly get to creating a song that was in fact a part of Michael Jackson himself.

So very sad. We are having a bad year losing so many greats. Rod is among the best of them.

and Rod's songs always stood out as the closest as anyone could possibly get to creating a song that was in fact a part of Michael Jackson himself.
--'--------------------------

Very true. R.I.P rod. thank you for the music. You made history " better do it now before you get too old" OTW love that song nothing like putting on full and just letting rip.

On top of all Rod gave us, I am so thankful for Someone in the Dark.

This might be a selfish reply but with all these deaths between 2009-now that were at one point part of Michaels circle of creating, it really makes me reflect on life and death a lot.. It's something very uncomfortable to do but it's something I guess I have to get used to (reminding me my age and nothing is forever)

I saddened to hear this news, we lost a true creative being, and seemingly a great person.

R.I.P. Rod Temperton

Thank you writing songs for Michael even the best on "Thriller".

No!!

RIP, respect and love to Rod Temperton.

Without him there would have been no Off The Wall, no Thriller. The man was a genius.

Just found out he also wrote George Benson's Gimme The Night.

I've always said he was the third man in the trilogy that was a key part of the MJ story alongside Michael and Q.

My mouth just dropped. Even tho I've never seen his face until today. I've read his name my whole life

RIP Rod Temperton.
OTW, Rock with you, Thriller, Lady in my life, Someone in the dark ...
all these cool songs are as legendary as the King of Pop, Michael Jackson himself

RIP to a true legend.
He wrote the most popular song in the history of music, and never had a bad word to say about the person he wrote it for.
For all that he accomplished he was extremely humble, and kept a very low profile too.
He will never be forgotten.:angel:

2016 taking em left and right.:(

Last edited:
Just read an interview with him recently talking about the future. Still shocked. Keep picturing that darling picture of the Thriller group celebration outside Taco Bell with Michael holding up peppers and Rod ripping into a carton of cigarettes.
Had to listen to Always and Forever on repeat this morning and I'll listen to OTW tonight.
I really love him.

Just read an interview with him recently talking about the future. Still shocked. Keep picturing that darling picture of the Thriller group celebration outside Taco Bell with Michael holding up peppers and Rod ripping into a carton of cigarettes.
Had to listen to Always and Forever on repeat this morning and I'll listen to OTW tonight.
I really love him.

Have you got the pic to post (although Rod smoking is a little macabre now).

Funnily enough, although I've been a fan for 30 plus years, I've only really gotten into the RT songs relatively recently.

LIML especially since the full version was released by Rod and BTDO in the last six months since the OTW relaunch.

mj-rod-temperton.jpg

Back