Is there anyone with english as the first language?

lubyss

Proud Member
Hello,
First in first, I would like to tell you that my english is not perfect. And I´m asking you for help. Today my boss asked me a question, if I can check his letter in English, but I don´t want to make any mistakes... Please can anybody help me to gramatically correct this one ? I would really really appriciate it..

Hi I'm Czech windsurfer Šimon Salač. I'm 26 years old and I have interest about job in your rent like instructor. I got recommendation from my good friend Lucie Drobná, who make in ION rent like instructor know. My opinion is that ION club Fuerteventura is realy cool club on good location and I think that must be interesting make for ION club. So I startet windsurfing when I had something about 8 years. On my first board stand me my dad and was my instructor a long time. Over the time was windsurfing my hobby number 1. I would like say something about my experience and I can start with power jibe, non-planning jibe. basic freestyle like volcano, switch stance planning, trying flow wind freestyle like ducking maneuvers, switch stance backwind jibe, bumerang, 360 up wind, gecko and some like that. I use sail 4.0, 4.8 amd 5.4 with 81L fanatic tri-wave board and 102l F2 rodeo To less wind days I use 7.8 and 125L freeeride board. What can I say about windsurfing today? I think that windsurfing isn't sport but is it lifestyle, windsurfing is the best in my life and I will be happy, when you send me message back about job in ION Club.
Thank you so much and maybe see you on the water,

Hi lubyss, I'll try my best even though English is not my first language. Some of this is guess work as it's quite difficult to figure out the meaning of certain lines.

Hi, I'm Simon Salac and I'm 26 years old. I am interested in the job of a windsurfing instructor in your club. My good friend Lucie Drobna who is also an instructor in ION recommended me for this job. In my opinion, ION Fuerteventura is a really cool and interesting club situated in a good location. I started windsurfing when I was about 8 years old. My dad was my first instructor for a long time. Over the years windsurfing has become my number one hobby. To begin with, I'm fairly experienced with power jibe, non planning jibe, basic freestyle like volcano, switch stance planning, trying flow wind freestyle like ducking maneuvers, switch stance back wind jibe, boomerang, 360 up wind, gecko and the likes. I use sail 4.0, 4.8 and 5.4 with 81L fanatic tri-wave board and 102L rodeo, on less windy days I use 7.8 and 125L freeride board. What more can I say about windsurfing? To me windsurfing isn't just a sport but a way of life, I'll be very happy to be a part of the ION club.

Thank you very much and hope to see you soon.

To RaZoR007-I just wanted to say I thought you did a wonderful job with this. I wanted to help, but I didn't quite understand some of what was meant in the original letter-I'm not familiar with windsurfing-so again, you did a GREAT job.

I just added a few little things with punctuation and grammar-

Hi, I'm Simon Salac and I'm 26 years old. I am interested in the job of a windsurfing instructor in your club. My good friend Lucie Drobna, who is also an instructor in ION, recommended me for this job. In my opinion, ION Fuerteventura is a really cool and interesting club situated in a good location.

I started windsurfing when I was about 8 years old. My dad was my first instructor for a long time. Over the years windsurfing has become my number one hobby. To begin with, I'm fairly experienced with power jibe, non planning jibe, basic freestyle like volcano, switch stance planning, trying flow wind freestyle like ducking maneuvers, switch stance back wind jibe, boomerang, 360 up wind, gecko and the like. I use sail 4.0, 4.8 and 5.4 with 81L fanatic tri-wave board and 102L rodeo and on less windy days I use 7.8 and 125L freeride board.
What more can I say about windsurfing? To me windsurfing isn't just a sport, but a way of life, and I'd be very happy to be a part of the ION club.

Thank you very much and hope to see you soon.

Don't mention it barbee, I too had no idea of windsurfing so I assumed and guessed certain things. I just hope our correction is good enough and Simon gets the job. :)

WOw... You guys are really wonderfull.... Thank you :) My boss was pleased :)

Back