Thread: Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Yes I hope they will restore Ghost too!!!
    With Bonus !!

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Disney should show this in the former Captain EO theatres during the Halloween season. The playtime of the full Thriller video would be perfect for that

Some of us like to play it safe and take each day as it comes.
    Some of us like to take that crazy walk on the wildside.
    For those of us who like living dangerously, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 Times in 740 Posts

Well, that’s that. Halloween is over and this project fades away like everything the estate touches.

Such a shame. Release it to the public already. Or launch the 4K version on Netflix, which supports Dolby Atmos.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IMWhizzle For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

We already knew it wouldn't become public this year, except for the festival screenings. Reports were it would be released to the general public in 2018.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a theatrical release so I can go down to the local Cineworld and experience it on the big screen!
    Last edited by MJTruth; 07-11-2017 at 12:33 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 Times in 740 Posts

Default Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    We already knew it wouldn't become public this year, except for the festival screenings. Reports were it would be released to the general public in 2018.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a theatrical release so I can go down to the local Cineworld and experience it on the big screen!
    I wouldn’t count on it. I’ve seriously lost faith in the estate some time ago. They don’t communicate with the fans, they also forget the people who supported Michael from day one. They don’t listen to us. They’ve also said that no new music is coming. Quality of the released projects were mediocre at best:

Michael album (fake songs)
    Vision dvd set (horrible quality and not remastered at all)
    Bad tour VHS on dvd
    Off the wall rerelease without bonus songs, instead a piece of chalk
    Scream album (buying songs we already have?)
    Xscape was a very good project, but dropped too soon. Also the mixing and mastering job is not by MJ standards
    MJ hologram (awful quality, done by an impersonator).
    No dangerous 25
    A cartoon which doesn’t make sense and even my daughter of 5 years old didn’t enjoy it (she’s part of the target audience I guess). And she likes his music greatly. She adores him. Random music of Michael in the cartoon, shitty story, crappy animation. Doesn’t have much to do with Michael Jackson in my opinion.

Where are the post history songs?
    Why isn’t there a HQ bluray concert of the bad tour despite whole shows are recorded on film?
    Why aren’t his short films properly remastered?
    Where are the songs Michael worked on with Will.i.Am and Darkchild?

I can go on, but I simply can’t stand the estate anymore. They are shitting on our generation who made MJ the star he is to this very day. They are waiting too long, their focus is wrong. The generation of now can’t experience the magic he created back in the day like we experienced.

The only good projects are THIS IS IT and Thriller 4K. Younger people should run the estate, or even better, FANS.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IMWhizzle For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Many of the issues you listed have legitimate reasons that have been discussed many times on this and other forums.
    The estate Hagee a tough job to do and they're limited in what they can achieve.
    I agree they dropped the ball big time with Michael but again that has been discussed to death.
    They have listened to fans. the deluxe edition of xscape is testament to that, as is the Wembley concert release. Sadly they cannot please everybody, especially if the demands are unreasonable or not achievable.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 516 Posts

Estate can always do better. For starters, remaster/release ghosts and thriller on bluray. Listen to the fans, gather whatever remaining newly catalogued concert film material and release it. They will gain substantial $$ if they do this, I guarentee it.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Yes I think your suggestions are excellent, and I think they will be done in the future, but not all at once. the MJ Estate have to promote the MJ brand for years to come, they cannot release everything the fans want within a few years.

As I said, it was obvious that the MJ Estate DID listen to fans when they released BAD25 and again with Xscape. How else could you explain the demos being included on the deluxe edition? They are of no interest to the general public. They probably listened for other projects too, but those two are the most obvious examples I can think of. Besides, listening to the fans isn't actually the answer - the fan community can't even agree unanimously on exactly what they want, which is only natural I suppose given the great range in age and social and economic background. It's such a diverse group of people.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,670 Posts

If people really think the Esate does not listen to the fan base, they are simply not paying attention. MJtruth - thumbs up!
    **He lives forever within us**

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    If people really think the Esate does not listen to the fan base, they are simply not paying attention. MJtruth - thumbs up!
    Oh, did they ? When ? I must have missed something.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Joce For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^ Re read MJTruths post..

Just to state a few things.. The biggest form of LISTENING to fans they could have shown is Xscape! We demanded demos of songs after the complaints about the 'Michael' album and they delivered.. not just 1 or 2 demos, gave 2 CD's one CD of JUST demos for you.. for me.. It was not for the casual listener!

We wanted complained for years about not having a 1988 BAD tour release.. Well we got it!!

We said we want more documentaries and footage.. BAD 25! If you don't like Off The Wall documentary, there is still that.

The fact they made an entire CD of demos for us says more than some are giving appreciation to. We wanted to hear Michael Jackson in the original form.. well we got a CD full of them..

It seams some just complain no matter what - I get it.. there is still soo much out there we want! and in due time we will get more. we said 1988 tour forever and as soon as we got it, we turned and said "1989"..

I want 1989 too, but I (and some others) can appreciate having what we have gotten.. The estate had very little financial reason to release demos! only a small minority cares about them.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    It seams some just complain no matter what - I get it.. there is still soo much out there we want! and in due time we will get more. we said 1988 tour forever and as soon as we got it, we turned and said "1989"..

I want 1989 too, but I (and some others) can appreciate having what we have gotten.. The estate had very little financial reason to release demos! only a small minority cares about them.
    1988 concert in better quality would be great. Any early US show. The only problem with Wembley was the quality.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    1988 concert in better quality would be great. Any early US show. The only problem with Wembley was the quality.
    Not to mention what they did to the audio. The unedited HQ audio snippets shared before wembley got released sounded better than the final mix that we got. IMO Bad25 was rushed. They apparently found film weeks before the release date and so chose to simply release the VHS...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they finally listened to us and gave us the Bad tour, I just wish they had done it in HD.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    Not to mention what they did to the audio. The unedited HQ audio snippets shared before wembley got released sounded better than the final mix that we got. IMO Bad25 was rushed. They apparently found film weeks before the release date and so chose to simply release the VHS...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they finally listened to us and gave us the Bad tour, I just wish they had done it in HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post

I don't think I read before that they found the Wembley film footage, but if it's true it was too late to include with BAD25 unless they delayed it.

They chose Wembley because it was the concert that fans were crying out for. the MJ Estate listened but they had to compromise on the video quality because (according to them) they didn't have a good film source at the time, so they worked with what they had, but unfortunately the fans weren't happy with that either. If they had released another BAD concert in HD quality fans would have moaned that it wasn't Wembley.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

With a man that has thousands of hours of footage out there that we have not seen.. There will always be something missing or "better" to compare it to.

And I've mentioned before, The Estate has a job to keep his legacy and income coming in for years and years to come.. They helped make sure he has been the top selling dead (<- I hate typing that) entertainer 9 years in a row so far..

That is thanks to CD's released, DVD's released, promotion they've done, a cirque tour, , a cirque stationary show and various merchandise for all of the above..

They can't just spit out all the goods at once and expect the Estates income to keep coming in.. It's building a demand why people buy.. We waited YEARS between single releases when Michael was around..

3 years between off the wall of thriller
    5 years between Thriller and Bad
    4 years between Bad and Dangerous
    4 years between Dangerous and HIStory
    6 years between HIStory and Invincible (excluding Blood on the dance floor)

We have gotten some type of release over and over since 2009.. sometimes not the best releases, but they are putting in work. At least they are doing work that can be criticized.. I much would rather have that, than just sitting on the legacy Michael made and live off of that.. Cuz trust me, they don't need what the estate brings in on new releases.. Not in there lifetime anyway!