EARTH SONGS 21 years later in „Wetten, dass..?“ by twin bros Die Lochis

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
3,w=993,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg

<iframe width="649" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9uLGsLo00AU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="649" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lK5iHCWm84c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

in German, please use your translator:
Von: LAURA THIEL, MORTEN WENZEK

In weiß, mit wehenden Hemden schwebten die Lochis über das Publikum &#8211; und singen Michael Jacksons &#8222;Earth Song&#8220;. Der legendärste &#8222;Wetten, dass..?&#8220;-Auftritt seit 1995!
Vor 21 Jahren trat der King of Pop bei der Wett-Show mit Thomas Gottschalk auf. Mit einer großen Projektion, Windmaschine und Flugshow sang er sein Statement gegen Umweltzerstörung: den &#8222;Earth Song&#8220;.

Jan Böhmermann inszenierte am 20. Oktober in seiner Sendung &#8222;Neo Magazin Royale&#8220; eine &#8222;Wetten, dass..?&#8220;-Ausgabe. Neben Kinder- und Außenwetten durfte auch die musikalische Begleitung nicht fehlen. Und dafür wurden die Lochis eingeladen!
Die Lochis: Das sind die Zwillinge Roman und Heiko Lochmann, die mit Musik-Parodien und Comedy-Videos auf ihrem YouTube-Channel mehr als 2 Millionen Abonnenten gesammelt haben.

Starten sie jetzt auch im TV durch? Ganz wie der King of Pop wurden auch Roman und Heiko bei Jan Böhmermanns &#8222;Wetten, dass..?&#8220; umjubelt. 1995: tanzende Menschen. 2016: tanzende Menschen.

MORE INFO and voting IN GERMAN HERE - http://www.bild.de/byou/2016/wetten...michael-jacksons-earthsong-48361028.bild.html

the latest results:
Welcher Auftritt hat euch besser gefallen?
Das Original von Michael Jackson
87 %
Das Remake der Lochis
13 %

There is nothing to say about those 2 guys. It´s simply impossible to watch such nonsense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By contrast Michaels performances (Earth Song + Dangerous) in the most popular German TV-show at that time were outstanding! I remember all well......... And now - watching it again after so many years I had goosebumps from head to feet:D.

Before it in German TV was never seen anything like that. Miiiichael Jaaacksonn!!! Live. On a small stage. The audience was so close. ... After it all people loved him, bought his records, made Earth Song #1 for several weeks. And it generated a lot of new fans.

Well, they certainly made Michael look great in comparison.

Blimey you guys are so venomous lol - at least they are doing something good Michael related instead of all the bad shit others are doing dragging his name endlessly through the mud jezzz

Blimey you guys are so venomous lol - at least they are doing something good Michael related instead of all the bad shit others are doing dragging his name endlessly through the mud jezzz
Yes, indeedy-we're a nasty bunch here. I wish one of those kids on the stage had jumped on that lift, though-would have been better. Lol.

And you know, I realized I have NEVER seen Michael's performance of Earth Song here-that was the World Premiere? Why did he do it on this show? Just curious.

Wetten Dass was the biggest TV- show in Europe I think. They really got all the big international stars in their Show but Michaels coming was really special
The show aired about 26 years or so, the last show aired about for 2 years.

You do realise this performance is part of a satire of the original "Wetten dass" show itself?

It's such a shame he elected to lip-synch. I guess, out of all his TV performances of this song, I prefer the World Music Awards performance purely for the tiny bit of actual vocal the stage mics picked up.

if they want to do something good, they should never touch another MJ song ever again

I'm not a particular fan of the Neo Magazin but you have to realize that this is a satire magazine and they surely didn't want to copy Michael like a look-a-like would. Wetten Dass was a huge and very famous show in Europe, particularly throughout the 90s. All the big stars were there and Thomas Gottschalk was a good host (he lives in Malibu, so he has all the connections). In the last years, however, there was a new host and he did rather terribly, so the show was discontinued.

Now, in the Neo Magazin, they put together a satirical revival, making fun of the original show.

I'm not much of a fan of their humour in general, but you can't watch this as if it were a serious MJ impersonation. It isn't meant to be.

The real Wetten Dass show was stopped some years ago.
This was a one-off spin-off special by the satire show "Neo Magazin Royal".
Everthing in it was like a parody on the real "Wetten Dass".

You have to see this performance in this context. (Or more the choice of "artist" in this case.) :)

Yes, surely. As I said before I could not watch those 2 guys - even, of course:), I know it´s a parody. Probably I´m to sore when it comes to MJ. Maybe the makers of this show could have choosed another artist? - like Madonna?, she was several times in the show. But then I think after all their choice was a kind of their vanity: they would document they had the greatest artist in this show.

Back