Tommy Hilfiger’s bizarre encounter with Michael Jackson

valeryjackson

Proud Member
Tommy Hilfiger described his surreal meeting with Michael Jackson and his young kids, who were bizarrely dressed as the Von Trapp family from “The Sound of Music” in full makeup and bleached blond hair.

ejtzkg.png

The fashion icon describes in his new book, “American Dreamer: My Life in Fashion & Business,” how he met with Jackson at Neverland in the early ’90s after the singer asked to collaborate on a clothing line.

Hilfiger writes in his memoir, due soon from Ballantine Books, that when he, his brother Andy and daughter Ally landed by helicopter, “A choo-choo train, with a conductor and everything, picked us up. We were driving through Neverland, and no one was there. As we passed the Ferris wheel, it started up. Every seat was empty. We saw teacup rides and a racetrack and an amphitheater, all deserted. We pulled up in front of the house, and a butler came out wearing white gloves. ‘Hello,’ he said. ‘Michael will be coming; he is expecting you.’ We were standing in front of this massive gingerbread-style house when a giraffe walked by, followed by a string of baby elephants. Ally and Andy were looking at each other, like ‘This is crazy!’”

Hilfiger said he met with Jackson in his dark mahogany office where the star wore sunglasses and “was sitting in an enormous gold-and-burgundy throne . . . His face was heavily made up and he had a Band-Aid across his nose. He was fidgety. He said, ‘We really have to do this clothing line together. I have millions of fans all over the world who are waiting for it.’ He spoke in the same wispy voice we had all grown accustomed to.”

Hilfiger continued of Jackson’s kids, “Prince and Paris came barreling down the stairs dressed as characters from a Broadway show or ‘The Sound of Music’ — velveteen knickers, dirndl jumper, ruffled blouses, patent leather shoes, each in full makeup, their hair bleached blond with dark roots. Blanket was an infant in nanny’s arms.”

Hilfiger said his partners passed on the deal with the pop icon, saying they had “bigger deals in mind” and at the time were negotiating to buy Calvin Klein. “Michael continued to call and ask us to reconsider, but our decision was firm, and he never did the clothing line,” Hilfiger wrote.

Source: New York Post

First of all it's obvious he's making everything out to be weird and bizarre when it wasn't, and second of all HOW did all of this happen in the EARLY 90s when Prince who is Michael's OLDEST child was born in the LATE 90s.
he can't even sensationalize a story correctly.

It's also his loss that he didn't work with Michael considering that Michael had/has a bigger impact on the fashion industry then any other artist or group, and labels have purposefully copied his unique style because they know how great it was/is.
In fact, there are many artist that have actually made fashion lines and their style isn't half as iconic as Michael's.

Last edited:
First of all it's obvious he's making everything out to be weird and bizarre when it wasn't, and second of all HOW did all of this happen in the EARLY 90s when Prince who is Michael's OLDEST child was born in the LATE 90s.

I agree, and the fact that he talks also about Blanket, it must have been at least 2002

Another article with the word Bizzare! surprise surprise.... Michael really wanted a clothing line though, and sorry Tommy boy he was entertaining others as well.

So MJ went through the same thing Kanye West did recently. Interesting. A creative genius such as MJ should be allowed to create more. The guy made the biggest pop songs of all time, I think he could be trusted to create.

And Paris never had blonde hair as a child either, bleached or otherwise. I don't know why he had to put that in there -_-

Meanwhile a long time ago, when I realized that any people are able to write/tell total crap about MJ - untrue/fabricated/bogus/sensationalized/ ... stories and/or suchlike details - for me it was the start of awareness if people write so much stupid/bad researched/vicious things for whatever personal reasons I can´t believe anything of all the rest they say. How can I know: what is the truth?, where is any truth?, what is a lie? And so I´m not interested in reading such texts. And I´m sorry for all the people who waste their time with such garbage or even believe it.

Well people like Tommy can pretty much say what they like cause MJ isn't here to dispute it......even though his timeline is off etc. I have also found this with other tell-all books about Dean, Brando and Monroe over the years.....they become Mythologised to support a certain agenda.

You really have to wonder after reading the strange way Hilfiger described Neverland, Michael and the kids, much less being a decade off, if he actually visited Neverland at all. Or was this some crazy dream he had.

I have just recently realized that Hilfiger's claim to fame was that "urban" look Aliyah and other young R&B stars made so popular in the mid 90's-I guess that was one of the reasons that Michael did that photo shoot in his clothes as a favor to Kidada Jones.

^^Another picture:
Michael-Jackson-Tommy-hilfiger.jpg

It doesn't really suit him tbh but I blame that more on the 90s fashion, like I don't think that's exactly a good look in general ahaha, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in today's streetwear (especially if he was younger, like 1980s young. Jumping timelines here!).

It might take a bit of getting used to given Michael solidified a certain style that we all got used to, and he utilized that style so much that it can even be shocking when he dresses in something he rarely did before. I remember finding it weird seeing him dressed in just a plain old t-shirt, simply because I'm not used to seeing older him in an t-shirt:
article-0-0583B192000005DC-179_468x624.jpg
2jbuvrd.jpg

I have noticed that there are some people who got Michael and who were drawn in by the wonder and magic of Neverland.

And then there are those who found Michael and the Neverland experience weird or bizarre.

I have to admit that I look at the latter group with disdain and suspicion. It makes me wonder if their reactions were about Michael or their own personal hangups and issues.

I have noticed that there are some people who got Michael and who were drawn in by the wonder and magic of Neverland.

And then there are those who found Michael and the Neverland experience weird or bizarre.

I have to admit that I look at the latter group with disdain and suspicion. It makes me wonder if their reactions were about Michael or their own personal hangups and issues.

I've noticed the same thing, TheChosenOne.

Personally, Neverland had always been a place I dreamed of visiting someday. Especially when Michael was alive. It is an atypical place, in a good way : like a (completely) different, carefree, wonderful world.
Michael put his spirit on this place.

In no way I wish Neverland was like the other, typical, boringly classic homes of wealthy people.

That's my opinion.

Hilfiger and others have theirs.

The stories from R.O I think have just brought back the sleazy tab stories from the '80's and up after seeing how much attention those got But now their all using him for attention for their book or whatever their trying to promote. Everyone has to have their "weird MJ story". That piece reads like satire that they just sat around and made up for attention and clicks.

I notice that A LOT of people project their own problems and/or way of thinking onto Michael.
It's honestly very annoying.

the judgement on Neverland is simply a level of how jaded that individual is..

I wouldn't be surprised if people thought the same thing about Walt Disney when he first opened Disney World.

Mr. Tommy Boy here has always said stupid sh**... His racist a$$ can take his words somewhere else.

^ Yeah that specific quote I believe was untrue, but other people have made mention to comments similar.

Back