Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,399 Times in 2,250 Posts

Default Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie Coming from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

He was music royalty — but he didn't want to be.

The latest trailer for the Michael Jackson biopic Searching For Neverland portrays the singer trying to escape the limelight in his final years.

The new teaser for the Lifetime movie opens with the late singer's bodyguards Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard (Chad L. Coleman & Sam Adegoke) - who co-wrote the book on which the series is based - being questioned by investigators.

They quiz them about Dr Conrad Murray, the physician who was ultimately charged with involuntary manslaughter after administering a fatal dose of Propofol.

'May I remind you you are under oath: did Dr Conrad Murray kill Michael Jackson?' the investigator asks.

'Like I told you, I wasn't there that night,' one replies.

'But you were there the two years leading up to that night,' the investigator fires back.

The superstar can be seen cosying up to his children - and others - as they watch movies, blew out birthday candles and chased a puppy together.

'He doesn't want to be the King of Pop,' one of the bodyguards muses to the other. 'He just wants to be Mike... a normal American dad.'
    Jackson - played by longtime impersonator Navi - can be seen visibly distressed as he is surrounded by photographers.

'Raising these kids alone is the hardest thing I've ever had to do,' he says

'There are good people in the world, and there are bad people,' he tells one of the children. 'I will always protect you.'

Things get heated as the bodyguards push back against the line of questioning, declaring they were the only two people who had the hitmaker's back.

'We loved that man!' Beard roars. 'We were the only too people actually looking out for him!'

Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland premieres on May 29 on Lifetime.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,407 Posts

Default Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie Coming from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

^ That's what I've been sayin'.. Man In The Mirror was horrific! and it's all over youtube and I've seen it sold at Walmarts.. F that!

I would still rather have a poorly put together lifetime movie come up when people type in "Michael Jackson biopic" than that highly offensive movie 'Man In The Mirror'
    **He lives forever within us**

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    ^ That's what I've been sayin'.. Man In The Mirror was horrific! and it's all over youtube and I've seen it sold at Walmarts.. F that!

I would still rather have a poorly put together lifetime movie come up when people type in "Michael Jackson biopic" than that highly offensive movie 'Man In The Mirror'
    Depending on who one asks, this movie can be deemed as just as if not more offensive than the Man In The Mirror due to the person portraying Michael in this new movie is of mexican/latino descent when Michael was a black man

It has reached the point any portrayal of Michael from here on out will be deemed as offensive where things would be totally different if things should have evolved the way it should

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Man this looks really bad. I hope nobody watches this. I felt embarrassed watching the trailer. Navi looks redictulous I'm sure the acting is just as bad. No just No.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 941 Posts

Don't worry.
    If it's bad I got y'all.

The humble King/Emperor of all music and entertainment, AKA The Greatest entertainer of all time, The standard, and Your faves fave.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pink Diamond Princess For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bringing Brighter Days View Post
    Depending on who one asks, this movie can be deemed as just as if not more offensive than the Man In The Mirror due to the person portraying Michael in this new movie is of mexican/latino descent when Michael was a black man

It has reached the point any portrayal of Michael from here on out will be deemed as offensive where things would be totally different if things should have evolved the way it should

I mean... we will see the content, it doesn't seem like many read the book but if there was something horribly offensive within it - I would assume we would have talked about it and tore it into pieces.. And something (even if a little) has to be said that suzanne de passe is part of the project and Navi dedicates much of his life dedicated to Michael..

If I were a betting man (which I'm not really) I'd say this will come out better than man in the mirror.. I know for a fact that the research they did was weak and they had no idea what Michael was like.. Flex playing Michael was basically an SNL skit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,399 Times in 2,250 Posts

Chad L Coleman‏@ChadLColeman May 17th
    Catch me as Bill Whitfield when #SearchingForNeverland airs later this month!

Mista T-Dot Davis‏ @muzikscribe May 19th
    Saw An Early Screening Of @LifetimeTV's @michaeljackson biopic #SearchingForNeverland & I Think They May Have Gotten It Right This Time...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I don't think I missed it but another clip... Michael and fam getting mobbed at the mall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8JNyjxBCnw

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Statement from the Michael Jackson Estate:

"To clear up any confusion or misperceptions about unsanctioned Michael Jackson projects currently in the news -- including a Lifetime television movie and an animated film script recently purchased by Netflix -- the Estate of Michael Jackson does not license or permit the use of any rights it owns, including to Michael’s music, images, video and films, for use in unauthorized works seeking to exploit Michael's legacy. The Estate itself has numerous projects in development, all of which respect, honor and celebrate Michael’s life and legacy along with his extraordinary artistry that touched fans throughout the world. When the executors are ready to announce them, they will. As Michael said countless times about his own work, the quality goes in before the name goes on."
    Born with Thriller,
    grown on Moonwalker,
    achieved with HIStory,
    living with
    Michael Jackson!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to madmijack For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^ yeah I was highly doubting lifetime paid for any rights for music etc. most lifetime movies of artists don't have the music..

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madmijack View Post
    an animated film script recently purchased by Netflix
    -- What's that? Any news about that project?
    Born with Thriller,
    grown on Moonwalker,
    achieved with HIStory,
    living with
    Michael Jackson!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madmijack View Post
    -- What's that? Any news about that project?
    That's the Bubbles movie.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,137 Posts

Some footage from the Premiere at the Avalon theatre- VIPs, guests and entertainment with Navi and young impersonators (Thank you Jonathan Moffett, for posting on Youtube):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoeVZLF0TE
    Last edited by myosotis; 24-05-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

I've been there yesterday. I couldn't care less about the movie, I went there to talk with Suzanne de Passe.
    Having no expectations whatsoever, I was very pleasantly surprised. The film is very well done, and definitely the best we have on Michael in this genre.

It does a great job humanizing him. A LOT of good humor, it doesn't scream low-budget at all like most TV movies tend to do... Very accurate portrayal of a number of situations we have footage of or read about in detail. I think we have Navi's obsessive fandom to thank for that.

I think he looks good in the movie and the portrayal is tactful. His accent falls away here and there, but overall he sounds pretty close to Michael in This Is It. A slight lisp included.

I'm glad this was made and IMO it will benefit the public perception of Michael.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alec For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Exclusive: Michael Jackson TV Movie 'Searching for Neverland' from Emmy Winning Motown Veteran

^ Thanks for that, I was wondering thoughts of the film.. As you can see with 16 pages of notes here - there is intrigue for sure