Vote mj for pop music hall of fame!!!

I've never heard of this. How does it differ from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Why do we need two?

Edit: just saw the other thread. The fact that Michael isn't already in suggests this is a load of nonsense. And it's publicly voted so any insignificant act will end up in there. I'll save my vote for now.

Last edited:
speaking of voting - For those in the US... Go vote! seriously, and not for Trump lol..

speaking of voting - For those in the US... Go vote! seriously, and not for Trump lol..

Did vote right after i got off from work this morning.

I have never heard of this either.

[h=2]Michael Jackson Tops Public Vote For America's Pop Music Hall Of Fame 2017 Inductees[/h]

December 29, 2016 at 7:08 AM (PT)

MICHAEL JACKSON, who topped the public online vote in his first year of eligibility, along with ABBA and BILLY JOEL are among the 15 acts selected for 2017 induction into AMERICA’S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME announced this morning.

Also newly-elected into the HALL OF FAME by public vote are the DAVE CLARK FIVE, EARTH, WIND & FIRE, ARETHA FRANKLIN, MARVIN GAYE, THE JACKSON FIVE, DIANA ROSS and ROD STEWART.

In the “Legends” category, the nomination board chose PAT BOONE, FATS DOMINO, THE DRIFTERS, CONNIE FRANCIS and BOBBY VEE In recognition of their influence on pop music.

Inductees had to have a charted song prior to 1980 to be considered and were selected from 20 nominees chosen by a national music industry panel based on the breadth, depth and influence of the artists’ recordings.

In previous years, the HALL OF FAME nomination board has chosen LES PAUL and MARY FORD (2015) and LOUIS ARMSTRONG, BING CROSBY, THE INK SPOTS and the MILLS BROTHERS (2016), as POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME “Legends” for their influence on pop music.

AMERICA'S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME board is currently working with local and state officials to construct a permanent facility. Current plans are for a large, multi-use performance venue as well as both permanent and rotating exhibits. AMERICA'S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME is based in CANONSBURG, PA, just south of PITTSBURGH, the home of PERRY COMO, BOBBY VINTON and the FOUR COINS,

Election for the sixth class of inductees will be in SEPTEMBER, 2017.

For further information and interview requests, call TERRY HAZLETT at (724) 745-1515 or visit americaspopmusichall offame.org

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...el-jackson-tops-public-vote-for-america-s-pop

respect77;4179955 said:
[h=2]Michael Jackson Tops Public Vote For America's Pop Music Hall Of Fame 2017 Inductees[/h]

December 29, 2016 at 7:08 AM (PT)

MICHAEL JACKSON, who topped the public online vote in his first year of eligibility, along with ABBA and BILLY JOEL are among the 15 acts selected for 2017 induction into AMERICA’S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME announced this morning.

Also newly-elected into the HALL OF FAME by public vote are the DAVE CLARK FIVE, EARTH, WIND & FIRE, ARETHA FRANKLIN, MARVIN GAYE, THE JACKSON FIVE, DIANA ROSS and ROD STEWART.

In the “Legends” category, the nomination board chose PAT BOONE, FATS DOMINO, THE DRIFTERS, CONNIE FRANCIS and BOBBY VEE In recognition of their influence on pop music.

Inductees had to have a charted song prior to 1980 to be considered and were selected from 20 nominees chosen by a national music industry panel based on the breadth, depth and influence of the artists’ recordings.

In previous years, the HALL OF FAME nomination board has chosen LES PAUL and MARY FORD (2015) and LOUIS ARMSTRONG, BING CROSBY, THE INK SPOTS and the MILLS BROTHERS (2016), as POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME “Legends” for their influence on pop music.

AMERICA'S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME board is currently working with local and state officials to construct a permanent facility. Current plans are for a large, multi-use performance venue as well as both permanent and rotating exhibits. AMERICA'S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME is based in CANONSBURG, PA, just south of PITTSBURGH, the home of PERRY COMO, BOBBY VINTON and the FOUR COINS,

Election for the sixth class of inductees will be in SEPTEMBER, 2017.

For further information and interview requests, call TERRY HAZLETT at (724) 745-1515 or visit americaspopmusichall offame.org

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...el-jackson-tops-public-vote-for-america-s-pop

Yay!
We did it.:D

Is Michael for sure to be inducted now, or does he have to still be picked out of that group?:)
It sounds like he's officially inducted and they chose 15 of the 20 nominees for induction.
I'm really glad that the criteria is 1980-I had seen on their website that the cutoff was 1975 and was afraid he wouldn't make it, since "Ben" was really his only solo hit before 75. But "Off the Wall" would have made him get in, no matter what. :)

Glad to see that the Jackson 5 and Diana Ross are getting inducted at the same time too!

:clapping:
MICHAEL JACKSON, who topped the public online vote in his first year of eligibility, along with ABBA and BILLY JOEL
are among the 15 acts selected for 2017 induction into AMERICA’S POP MUSIC HALL OF FAME announced this morning.
:clap: :woohoo:

Fantastic although it's ridiculous that we have to vote for MJ to be inducted into the pop hall of fame. I mean he was the king of pop afterall.

Great job guys! And to those who doesn't know, The Jackson 5's ABC single has been inducted into the Grammy Hall Of Fame. It's the third Jackson 5 song being inducted after I Want You Back and I'll Be There. MJ's Off The Wall and Thriller albums has also been inducted in there. I hope the Bad album is the next pick.

"Michael Jackson is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame, the National Museum of Dance Hall of Fame, the UK Music Hall of Fame, the Vocal Group Hall of Fame and the Grammy Hall of Fame.

Jackson’s heirs can now add another hall of fame to the late singer’s list of honors – he was the biggest vote-getter among this year’s inductees to America’s Pop Music Hall of Fame, which is based in Washington County. The newest batch of inductees was announced late last week.

In fact, Jackson is getting in twice, as both a solo artist and as a member of the Jackson Five, the group he was in with his brothers Marlon, Jermaine, Jackie and Tito.

The Jackson Five has been nominated previously to America’s Pop Music Hall of Fame, but in online voting by the public, the group “rode in on Michael Jackson’s coattails evidently,” according to Terry Hazlett’s, the pop hall’s executive director and the former borough manager of Canonsburg."

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20170101/jackson_gaye_and_ross_among_pop_hall_inductees

"Michael Jackson, ABBA and Billy Joel are among 15 pop acts selected for 2017 induction into America’s Pop Music Hall of Fame. Michael Jackson, in his first year of eligibility, topped the public on-line vote. The new inductees were announced Thursday.

Also newly-elected into the Hall of Fame by public vote are the Dave Clark Five, Earth Wind & Fire, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, the Jackson Five, Diana Ross and Rod Stewart. In the “Legends” category, The Hall of Fame nomination board chose Pat Boone, Fats Domino, the Drifters, Connie Francis and Bobby Vee in recognition of their influence on pop music.

Inductees had to have a charted song prior to 1980 to be considered and were selected from 20 nominees chosen by a national music industry panel based on the breadth, depth and influence of the artists’ recordings."

http://www.americaspopmusichalloffame.org/single-post/2016/12/31/2017-Inductees-Announced

Back