The small moments you love

The motion used when MJ sings the line 'I swear I'm keepin' you satisfied' during The Way You Make Me Feel.

During performances of Dangerous. The part starting at 3:09.

The movement of his wrists and placement of his fingers when he throws his arm out to the side. The way he strokes the brim of his hat in Billie Jean. Those attention to details that are always there and on point.

Remember Smooth Criminal in Munich in 1997 ? Remember the dance move he does before the moonwalk ? The one that makes him look like he's preventing his footsteps from waking somebody up. I love this part because he's closing his eyes and feeling the music. He's really in the moment. I also love watching Brad Buxer dance in the background while playing the keyboard. He's enjoying himself. :D

Last edited:
I love the moments he has on the stage with the kids that is so precious to see and how Michael love having them on stage just to see their faces light up what a moment. It bring tears to my eyes. To me that is a small moment. :)

The opening in the video for "The Way you make me feel" after the hoodlums have run through, Michael is in the alley, dancing and then sings acapella "You knock me offa my feet! hee hee" - very cool.

Michael laughing at the horror movie in the Thriller video and Ola Ray Screaming and Michael saying "It's only a movie".

When he winks in the Smooth Criminal short film.
When he acknowledged the girls in the balcony at the '84 Grammys. (He took my heart that night.)
When he cried near the end of WYBT at MTV 10.
When he said, "I love to tour." :lol:

''Salvation Army tomorrow, Bill. Really, don't laugh you find good stuff. Don't you, Tito? That other places would sell real expensive. I'm tellin ya''

When he rubs Greg Phillingane's hair at the end of the show.

"Oooooh, Siedah...." from the Dangerous rehearsals. :wub2:

"Lift me" parts and every time he raises his arms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQY_QL_wvQU

I love entire choreography, but if I had to pick certain parts, it would be: "Lay your head lowly" "I will feel blessed", "Carry me boldly, lift me up slowly", "Kiss me and free me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUaMzwNPgro

I also love parts that were not included on a "Dangerous" album.

Lonely
When I'm cold and lonely
And needing you only
Will you still care
Will you be there?

Hold me
Hug me and shield me
Touch me and heal me
I know you care
But will you be there?

Softly you say to me
I will be there
But will you be there?

Kiss me
Face me and kiss me
And when my heart is breaking
Will you still care
Will you be there?

Lift me
Lift me up carefully
I'm weary and falling
I know you're there
But do you still care?

Last edited:
wow; this is a sweet thread :wub:

I love the way Michael winks at the end of Smooth Criminal in "Moonwalker"

or how he counts to 4 and then sighs at the end of the "Dangerous" demo :blush:

or even how he sighs at the end of "State of shock" with MicK Jagger

I love seeing him go on stage to make the audience sing because it's hilarious. Just watch.

2:45

and then there's another moment at 3:27 and 4:38

He's so sweet about it but he still laughs...I just :hysterical:

There's also another moment when he let a fan dance next to him during one of his concerts. She was doing this awkward dance move and he was trying to not laugh at her...I can't find the video again but it was just funny to me lol.

I'm not sure if this is small, but I absolutely positively love how every Billie Jean Breakdown is different.
Some of the stuff he did during those breakdowns didn't even look possible for a human to do, but Michael did, and I've never seen anyone else do it since.
It was always just him, the spotlight, and the crowd.
All of the Billie Jean Breakdowns are such iconic legendary moments.

People that got to see him live are so damn lucky.
All I've ever had is Youtube. :(

^^But thank God for YouTube. It'll ensure that his (and so many others) performances will live forever.

The way he dances with kids in the "History tour - Behind the scenes" video. They look like a bunch of friends partying. Not like "the biggest star ever + fans". :)

It's barely a few seconds long so I do not know if it's worth posting. Fast forward to 25:37. :)

I love when he smiles but not for show but when he's totally himself. You can see it during the tours (like when he's sitting on the case before Billie Jean in Copenhagen and just watches the crowd) or on This Is It when he's performing I'll Be There for example. This true happiness when he's 'at home' (meaning on stage, doing the thing he loves most) and realizing that a song or choreography works perfectly. I just love that smile on his face. :wub:

^^sweet to hear him laugh at the end of Heal the World.
Oh yes, that's so beautiful as well! :wub:

Last edited:
I'll post them as they come into my head...

I had never seen for instance mike stands grabbed that seductibly. I died! :dropdead:

Dirty-Diana-michael-jackson-17476819-320-240.gif

93343046_4356311_91596707_tumblr_laor1kbOMU1qcsr0lo1_r3_500.gif

7939059.gif

^^ oh, to be that microphone stand...

A simple one, but I love the outtakes in Ghosts where he pulls the face, at 5:42 in this video.
I also love how happy he looks here

Finger points.

Jam and Give In To Me have some great ones.

Just seeing things like this ...

C8Gklg3XwAUCxij.jpg

Smile? @smile4meMJ March 29th
Accurate. This will be me. "It's a moonwalker" definitely!

The motion used when MJ sings the line 'I swear I'm keepin' you satisfied' during
The Way You Make Me Feel.
Yeah, I know what you mean. And in the same song, around 4:17 when he sings "The way you make me fee-eel!"
standing in the group, he does this forward swing motion with his arms....for some reason that stands out for me. I really like it. Lol!

Another one that comes to mind is when he's performing on Soul Train "Just A Little Bit of You"....
the foot action at 1:39 and then spins.....the mic chord wraps around his legs but he dances out of it. Lol!
Also dealing with the mic chord he has to yank on it (@1:30) to get some moving room. Never missing a beat! Haha! I love that!

Also, any time you can see him "talking/directing/communicating" to his band with hand gestures and his hee hee's etc.
all while still singing his song. :D

Last edited:
The way he throws his head back during Thriller, especially during the rehearsels.

When he sings a ballad/love song and his voice gets soft and alluring.

The "Why oh Why" during Human Nature.

Back