Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 Times in 2,688 Posts

Default Re: Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    They did receive them complete. And collaborators of MJ raised concerns as soon as they heard them. Branca ignored them because he believed them to be real. The cascios also waited until the last possible moment to submit them to Sony. Even Teddy Riley knew as soon as he heard burn tonight that it wasn't him, but he kept working on it in hopes of receiving a real MJ song to work on.
    I can certainly understand Branca being duped, since he knew the Cascio family for years through Michael and would definitely know how much Michael cared for them.

So who would think something like that? However, if that is true on Teddy Riley's part-that is definitely deceitful-because he was a collaborator at one time and also said they were real at the time.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,265 Posts

The estate will always be the 'fall' for any bad move because they represent the legacy.. I hope us as a fan community can understand that the estate is a group of people that can be tricked, bamboozled just like any other group of people. There (at the time) was no reason to question the cascios and the fact Michaels voice consecutively changed over time would give even more reason not to question... Even today the voice can hold its own debate, so back then the estate would have had hardly no reason to question.. Also the excitement of getting something not locked up in the vault, and advertised to the estate as songs MJ worked on before he passed could blind a bit.
    **He lives forever within us**

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    The estate will always be the 'fall' for any bad move because they represent the legacy.. I hope us as a fan community can understand that the estate is a group of people that can be tricked, bamboozled just like any other group of people. There (at the time) was no reason to question the cascios and the fact Michaels voice consecutively changed over time would give even more reason not to question... Even today the voice can hold its own debate, so back then the estate would have had hardly no reason to question.. Also the excitement of getting something not locked up in the vault, and advertised to the estate as songs MJ worked on before he passed could blind a bit.
    I have to disagree with this. Everyone who heard those vocals knew instantly they weren't Michael, but Branca pushed for their release anyway. This could have easily be prevented, and it wasn't. I'm not just gonna give Branca and Co's incompetence a pass.
    Last edited by SmoothGangsta; 11-01-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,295 Posts

I have to disagree with this. Everyone who heard those vocals knew instantly they weren't Michael, but Branca pushed for their release anyway. This could have easily be prevented, and it wasn't. I'm not just gonna give Branca and Co's incompetence a pass.
    I'm also not aware of the estate or family of any other dead musicial allowing something like this to happen. Inexcusable.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I can certainly understand Branca being duped, since he knew the Cascio family for years through Michael and would definitely know how much Michael cared for them.

So who would think something like that? However, if that is true on Teddy Riley's part-that is definitely deceitful-because he was a collaborator at one time and also said they were real at the time.
    Yeah it's my rule to not believe much of what Teddy says nowadays as he has a history of being a compulsive liar.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,447 Times in 1,418 Posts

I have to disagree with this. Everyone who heard those vocals knew instantly they weren't Michael
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. It was probably because I was in denial (as a fan, this was my first Michael Jackson album release so I was VERY keen), but for the first few years I believed them to be Michael's, just that his vocals were overly processed because it was a demo so they wouldn't be top notch. That reasoning was more than enough for me and I simply accepted it as it was. I remember someone even went on... Oprah or Ellen or whatever to say they had applied heaps of "melodyne" to the voice and that was good enough for me. I imagine if you told someone such as McCain (who's background is not in audio engineering, IIRC) either of those reasons, he would've believed it too. Hell, he probably was told that.

There was lots of commotion in the fan community back then... people on different sides with different reasoning. A year or so later, I had changed my opinion to "Undecided" and as of the last few years, I'm very confident they were not Michael's. I can't blame anyone at the time really, especially if they lacked knowledge in the technical side of music production. Dude had no reason to doubt the Cascios too, Michael had a good relationship with them when he was alive.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HIStoric For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,565 Times in 1,314 Posts

I convinced myself that Breaking News was Michael simply due to the fact that I couldn't fathom two corporations on the level of Sony Music and the Michael Jackson estate ever actually going forward with such a scam. Anyone who came forward and complained I wrote off as being upset that they didn't have a bigger hand in the finalization process. It was just beyond me that the estate would attempt to trick us by having someone (poorly) imitate one of the most famous and recognizable voices in modern pop history. I kept that mindset after Monster and Keep Your Head Up leaked too, even though I started to very openly think, "Okay, something's off."

But what really sealed the deal was when Tony Kurtis (Jason Malachi's longtime producer) came forward and said, "I've listened to Jason sing for years. I know his voice inside and out. And he's singing this song."

I can fully understand why the estate has yet to do anything regarding these songs or the Michael album as a whole, and in an odd way I can't necessarily blame them for it. But at the same time, I find it incredible that this entire controversy even happened.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HIStoric View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. It was probably because I was in denial (as a fan, this was my first Michael Jackson album release so I was VERY keen), but for the first few years I believed them to be Michael's, just that his vocals were overly processed because it was a demo so they wouldn't be top notch. That reasoning was more than enough for me and I simply accepted it as it was. I remember someone even went on... Oprah or Ellen or whatever to say they had applied heaps of "melodyne" to the voice and that was good enough for me. I imagine if you told someone such as McCain (who's background is not in audio engineering, IIRC) either of those reasons, he would've believed it too. Hell, he probably was told that.

There was lots of commotion in the fan community back then... people on different sides with different reasoning. A year or so later, I had changed my opinion to "Undecided" and as of the last few years, I'm very confident they were not Michael's. I can't blame anyone at the time really, especially if they lacked knowledge in the technical side of music production. Dude had no reason to doubt the Cascios too, Michael had a good relationship with them when he was alive.
    Was talking about all of MJ's collaborators. They raised their concerns and were ignored. The meeting they all had to listen to the vocals ended with most of them either saying they didn't believe they were MJ or that it sounded like him but they weren't sure.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I convinced myself that Breaking News was Michael simply due to the fact that I couldn't fathom two corporations on the level of Sony Music and the Michael Jackson estate ever actually going forward with such a scam. Anyone who came forward and complained I wrote off as being upset that they didn't have a bigger hand in the finalization process. It was just beyond me that the estate would attempt to trick us by having someone (poorly) imitate one of the most famous and recognizable voices in modern pop history. I kept that mindset after Monster and Keep Your Head Up leaked too, even though I started to very openly think, "Okay, something's off."

But what really sealed the deal was when Tony Kurtis (Jason Malachi's longtime producer) came forward and said, "I've listened to Jason sing for years. I know his voice inside and out. And he's singing this song."

I can fully understand why the estate has yet to do anything regarding these songs or the Michael album as a whole, and in an odd way I can't necessarily blame them for it. But at the same time, I find it incredible that this entire controversy even happened.
    Respectfully, it just stuns me when I hear people say that. I heard the first two lines of Breaking the News or whatever it's called and heart sank and jaw dropped.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

wow... can't believe people is still discussing the Cascio' songs after years...

What J.Branca said is that will be some "exciting projects" coming in the near future...

"projects" = "commercial operations that will help the Estate of MJ to grow up bigger and bigger, pay Michael's taxes, pay all the attorneys involved
    in lawsuits and pay for Michael's children expenses of their life".

For the music... Anyone here really believe Michael wrote (and registered) hundreds of songs? (I mean finished songs)
    So... no entirely completed tracks, no possiblity to have them on a record. They already said that years ago... "there will be songs for just a couple of albums, no more" ...

Unfortunately that's all! We need to prepare ourself for a different kind of entertainment. It's the real truth of every dead superstar.

Ele74

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 Times in 702 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    I'm also not aware of the estate or family of any other dead musicial allowing something like this to happen. Inexcusable.
    Being a huge MJfan I of course listen to the legit songs on the Michael album, and whats done is done and cannot be undone, but I can't help but imagine that the people who okayed the album looked like this upon its release.

The humble King/Emperor of all music and entertainment, AKA The Greatest entertainer of all time, The standard, and Your faves fave.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Hopefully this means no more terrible remixes (Xscape ones weren't too bad).

And more importantly there's a possibility of a Blu Ray i.e. Michael in HD

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,082 Times in 1,280 Posts

The 7 great songs on Michael are really good. - So they should simply make a release and say that due to qustions regarding the legity of the vocals - these songs will be taken of the album until vocals are confirmed to be or not to be MJ. -- Then they would never ever have to work more in it, the album would simply be a 7 songs album. - So sad some don't listen to all the great real MJ songs just because of 3 songs...

I really hope there will be more albums like Xscape - IMO it was really a great album. - we got the demos and new versions. Win-win.

But some Blu-Ray (or even 4K) releases would be perfect too.
    re-release Vision in Blu-Ray - release The Making of Thriller and the Thriller 3D thing on Blu-Ray - and the Legend Continues as a bonus on a fan version. And maybe Release a Blu-Ray concert. - they could make 2017 the year MJ really went on Blu-Ray.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

I dont like the new Music like the xscape Album. Good that they have the Original ones on it. So i dont like when they Release new songs, maybe demos and Ideas from him were good. From each album a demo Album is a good idea, but the estate doing nothing for fans only for money. My opinion.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 829
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,086 Times in 2,139 Posts

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/mone...view/96498298/

John Branca gave a rare interview to WGUF Naples Talk Radio last Thursday (12/01/2017) to talk about his career and of course being the head of the Michael Jackson Estate.

Here below the part of the show where he speaks about Michael Jackson and the Estate:

Branca represented Michael Jackson for many years. The CBS news show “60 Minutes” credited him, as a trustee of Jackson’s estate, with the single greatest turnaround in entertainment history after he helped return more than $600 million to the estate in the first three years after Jackson’s death. The estate was $500 million in debt.

“It was challenging at first,” he conceded.

Here are just a few of the projects Branca helped orchestrate as a co-executor of the estate:

» Michael Jackson ONE, a permanent Cirque du Soleil Las Vegas Mandalay Bay show that opened in June 2013 and is breaking attendance records;

» Release of “Xscape” in 2014, an album of previously unreleased Jackson recordings, which reached No. 1 on the charts in 52 countries;

» “Slave to the Rhythm,” a “holographic” Jackson performance at the Billboard Music Awards, netting over 11.5 million “live” views and hundreds of millions of views online.

Branca teased there’s “more to come.” He credits the success of the estate more to Jackson’s talents than to his own, describing Jackson as the “greatest entertainer that ever lived.”

“Michael was always breaking the rules and pushing the boundaries,” he said.

Branca said he has kept relationships with other clients strictly professional, but that Jackson was different. Years ago, Jackson was the best man in Branca’s first wedding and showed up with a well-dressed date (his chimp, Bubbles, in a tuxedo). Branca still laughs when he talks about it today.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast