Almost Meeting Michael..MY story.

paisleyCUTtop

Proud Member
Hello everyone!
:ciao:

I finally got the courage up to write my personal story of missing Michael Jackson on a red carpet, just shy of 15 minutes. It was devastating at the time and I only confided in my closest friends about the regrettable decision I made to leave the red carpet that day. :cry:" smilieid="38" class="inlineimg">

Here's an excerpt:
______________________________________________________________________________________________

"On a rainy afternoon, wearing my Jackson 5 t-shirt (a bright pink I figured would be enough to stand out and catch Michael’s attention), I stood at the red carpet.

I was fortunate that my host sister was willing to go with me. We waited together to see all the celebrities come in. She wasn’t an MJ fan but, was curious enough to see what Michael looked like in person. The other celebrities entered one by one, each less recognizable than the last to me. Rihanna was also there and did a performance of “Pon De Replay” during the pre-show. I love Rihanna but, when Michael was there, it was as if no one else really mattered. To be honest, I had never been very familiar with Japanese pop culture so, I didn't even take photos of anyone else. I was saving my attention for Michael..."

If you're interested in the rest of my story, I have documented it here:
http://www.mjfangirl.com/2016/11/true-story-i-missed-meeting-michael.html

My question to the forum is:

1. Have you ever had a close encounter meeting Michael?

2. Have you ever felt less of a fan for not having met him in person?

I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below.:yes:" smilieid="56" class="inlineimg">

paisleyCUTtop;4176908 said:
Hello everyone!
:ciao:

I finally got the courage up to write my personal story of missing Michael Jackson on a red carpet, just shy of 15 minutes. It was devastating at the time and I only confided in my closest friends about the regrettable decision I made to leave the red carpet that day. :cry:" smilieid="38" class="inlineimg">

Here's an excerpt:
______________________________________________________________________________________________

"On a rainy afternoon, wearing my Jackson 5 t-shirt (a bright pink I figured would be enough to stand out and catch Michael’s attention), I stood at the red carpet.

I was fortunate that my host sister was willing to go with me. We waited together to see all the celebrities come in. She wasn’t an MJ fan but, was curious enough to see what Michael looked like in person. The other celebrities entered one by one, each less recognizable than the last to me. Rihanna was also there and did a performance of “Pon De Replay” during the pre-show. I love Rihanna but, when Michael was there, it was as if no one else really mattered. To be honest, I had never been very familiar with Japanese pop culture so, I didn't even take photos of anyone else. I was saving my attention for Michael..."

If you're interested in the rest of my story, I have documented it here:
http://www.mjfangirl.com/2016/11/true-story-i-missed-meeting-michael.html

My question to the forum is:

I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments below.:yes:" smilieid="56" class="inlineimg">
Wow!
I clicked the link and read the story.
It's really cool that you came that close or meeting him!
Despite how much of a let down it was I'm glad you shared your story with us.
Had that happened to me I probably would have died a little on the inside.

As for the questions, no I have never come close to meeting him, and no I don't feel like less of a fan for not meeting him because we shared very few years on earth anyway, so my chances were slim.:cry:

Cool story, sorry that you missed him for so little..

No i've never met him or have had any chance to. I'm in my 20s now, so i was too little or not even born when he was performing. And of course being in another continent didn't help. Therefore i don't feel less fan..

Thank you for sharing that.
No I never had a close encounter as he didn't come up to where I live often. And I don't have that kind of luck even if he had. :)
So I guess that answers the second question. I don't feel less of a fan for not meeting him but I enjoy hearing from people who did.

Thanks for sharing your story.
I never got to meet Michael, either. I was born in the 90's and I live in the UK, so seeing him wasn't an option :(
However, I don't feel like less of a fan (even though I enjoy reading about those lucky enough to meet Michael, so I can live vicariously through them) because I never stopped supporting him.

Me too! I feel like for a while I felt less of a fan for not meeting him or making more of an effort to. But, since hes been gone, I've noticed that my fandom is just as strong, if not stronger at times. So whether or not I met him, the connection is still there :)

Thanks for reading!
I appreciate your comments... yes I totally felt sad for a while about making the wrong decision :( But it makes for an interesting memory/story at least- right?

Wow!
I clicked the link and read the story.
It's really cool that you came that close or meeting him!
Despite how much of a let down it was I'm glad you shared your story with us.
Had that happened to me I probably would have died a little on the inside.

As for the questions, no I have never come close to meeting him, and no I don't feel like less of a fan for not meeting him because we shared very few years on earth anyway, so my chances were slim.:cry:

Thanks for sharing this with us...dang.
No. I was born in 2000. Lol.
Yes. I read stories like this and get jealous because you all got to witness everything. Y'all got to go to his concerts ,buy his albums when they first came out, watch his new videos when they aired on TV and all that...ughh. Even though you didn't meet him, I'm still jealous that you were so close :closedeyes:
And I agree with your statement-I am a Michael Jackson fan that has never met him. And that’s okay.
There's millions of MJ fans out there who never met Michael of course. Doesn't make them any less of a fan. :)
By the way I have an aunt (huuuge fan of MJ) who has a story like yours. She almost met Michael Jackson too. I don't remember what she said happened though.

Thanks for reading!
:)

HumbleBee;4177125 said:
Thanks for sharing this with us...dang.
No. I was born in 2000. Lol.
Yes. I read stories like this and get jealous because you all got to witness everything. Y'all got to go to his concerts ,buy his albums when they first came out, watch his new videos when they aired on TV and all that...ughh. Even though you didn't meet him, I'm still jealous that you were so close :closedeyes:
And I agree with your statement-I am a Michael Jackson fan that has never met him. And that’s okay.
There's millions of MJ fans out there who never met Michael of course. Doesn't make them any less of a fan. :)
By the way I have an aunt (huuuge fan of MJ) who has a story like yours. She almost met Michael Jackson too. I don't remember what she said happened though.

Back