BAD Tour 1987 get's overlooked a lot

analogue

Proud Member
People focus on the 88/89 shows more, because they have the better set lists. But the 87 shows also deserves love. I think MJ's vocals were at their strongest during the 87 shows, and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) is one of his best performances ever.

Love the beatboxing at 1:05

4:08 - I think this is the best WBSS performance

The 1987 shows are amazing! I listen a lot to to these shows. You Are My Lovely One and SYBDTTG are sung beautifully!

So glad someone made a tread about this. He was on fire in 87. Human Nature live in Yokohama is one of his greatest performances, it's flawless.

In fact in my opinion, Yokohama 1987 is a million times better than anything I've seen from the Victory Tour.

Mic drop...

The live vocals are out of this world.

So much energy - and still singing all live... Amazing. BAD tour should have more concert released - thats how MJ should be remembered as a live entertainer - a singer who sings live perfectly and dancing with so much energy it's crazy.

For me these shows in 1987 represent the peak of Michael's powers as a live performer. The energy. The style - almost fully formed by this point. The vocals. No lip-synching.

The only disappointing thing is the setlist, perhaps.

For me these shows in 1987 represent the peak of Michael's powers as a live performer. The energy. The style - almost fully formed by this point. The vocals. No lip-synching.

The Bad Tour was exceptional, MJ was the consummate performer

His absolute best tour from top to bottom was the Triumph Tour 1981

I agree. Yokohama concert is awesome:

In 1988 the setlist and outfits were better.

I have said this before, MJ live from 1987 is my favorite era and nothing even comes close. The energy, the swagger, the vocals, the movements, the look. He had an incredible form in those days. The silver shirt from tokyo 87 is my all time favorite MJ concert. I wish he had done more songs from bad on the 87 shows.

I hope we get a a bluray/DVD with an unseen concert from 1987 some day.

[youtube]iUjxio518CQ[/youtube]

He was on fiire this night!!
[youtube]EFe6aZE8xRg[/youtube]

Last edited:
Yokohama 87 is the definitive Michael Jackson concert.

It's absolutely flawless in every way. Heartbreak Hotel is the best and favourite performance he's ever done for me.

The Bad Tour was exceptional, MJ was the consummate performer

His absolute best tour from top to bottom was the Triumph Tour 1981

Very close, to be fair. I think the Jacksons Live! album is mixed and mastered hideously, I can only imagine how good the show would have sounded if done better.

I agree. Michael was at his absolute peak during the 87 shows.

This is one of my favourite Michael performances

I agree that this leg is awesome. Shake Your Body in Yokohama is one of my fave performances ever.

Maybe, but 88 set list was awesome.

It was the BAD tour after all.

He was on fiire this night!!

Wow. I don't think I've seen that recently. He certainly was.

It's the unbridled rawness of the performance. Such astounding levels of talent presented in the most direct and in your face way. He was like electricity then and his voice purred and punched in equal measures.

It just saddens me to compare this with what came only 9 years later. Although it would be remiss of me not to highlight that Michael's dancing certainly became more refined and considered in the years that passed.

People focus on the 88/89 shows more, because they have the better set lists. But the 87 shows also deserves love. I think MJ's vocals were at their strongest during the 87 shows, and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) is one of his best performances ever.

Love the beatboxing at 1:05

4:08 - I think this is the best WBSS performance

I can promise you that those concerts aren't overlooked by me.. I live for Shake Your Body Yokohama! I love the 1987 part of Bad. :D

None of Michael's performances from his solo tours are overlooked by me!
From Bad Tour to HIStory Tour I appreciate and love them all. :D

I only focus on Michael even when I watch vids of him performing with his brothers.
People that got to see him live are SO lucky.:yes:

Wow. I don't think I've seen that recently. He certainly was.

It's the unbridled rawness of the performance. Such astounding levels of talent presented in the most direct and in your face way. He was like electricity then and his voice purred and punched in equal measures.

It just saddens me to compare this with what came only 9 years later. Although it would be remiss of me not to highlight that Michael's dancing certainly became more refined and considered in the years that passed.

What I love the most about these shows are that that a lot of his performances was just freestyle, setting the template for future shows, testing the waters and seeing what works and what don't. The result is astounding. He became too obssesed with structure that it held him back a bit, imo.

I like the 87 shows, the one from Osaka is way better than Yokohama, it's a shame that an HQ version hasn't surfaced yet.....

What I love the most about these shows are that that a lot of his performances was just freestyle, setting the template for future shows, testing the waters and seeing what works and what don't. The result is astounding. He became too obssesed with structure that it held him back a bit, imo.

Also add in the fact that these shows seem to be ao much more intimate than we would ever see at a show again, aside from Brunei, which was seated too.

Even if we have Yokohama for a long time I would be glad if the Estate released it in HQ. I would buy it definitely.

(Oh, and based on the snippets we have I think the Triumph Tour is possibly as great as the Bad Tour, so I hope we will have a HQ release of the Triumph Tour one day as well.)

Last edited:

Agree, freestyle MJ is the best. Hence why the APOM performance is one of his best. Just strutting around being cool and funky with a killer live vocal.

I hope we get to see this someday
maxresdefault.jpg

Even if we have Yokohama for a long time I would be glad if the Estate released it in HQ. I would buy it definitely.
I don't think they can release it in much better quality. I didn't notice any difference in the few songs that were extras in Wembley DVD.

The first leg is fantastic, Yokohama in particular. His voice is to die for! Apart from the sucky quality, Brisbane & Osaka are also favorites. And Tokyo of course.. I guess pretty much everything :lol:
If the first leg would've had the second leg's outfits and APOM & MITM in its setlist that would've been as perfect as it gets. But the entire Bad Tour was amazing imo, it's nearly 30 years old and probably considered extremely 'dated' but it amazes me every single time I watch it. Also, he's just really *really* hot lol.

I wish the 87 shows had Smooth Criminal, Another Part Of Me, Man In The Mirror and The Way You Make Me Feel

The first leg is fantastic, Yokohama in particular. His voice is to die for! Apart from the sucky quality, Brisbane & Osaka are also favorites. And Tokyo of course.. I guess pretty much everything :lol:
If the first leg would've had the second leg's outfits and APOM & MITM in its setlist that would've been as perfect as it gets. But the entire Bad Tour was amazing imo, it's nearly 30 years old and probably considered extremely 'dated' but it amazes me every single time I watch it. Also, he's just really *really* hot lol.

Human Nature in Brisbane is one of my favourite performances!

Back