Orianthi on performing at Michael Jackson's memorial

valeryjackson

Proud Member
Guitarist and singer/songwriter Orianthi had the chance to perform with two of music’s biggest icons before their deaths — and now she’s opening up about the experience.

In an upcoming episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now?, Orianthi reveals how she tackled singing at late pop singer Michael Jackson‘s 2009 memorial service at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

“Playing Michael Jackson’s memorial service was one of the hardest things to do because it was literally a few days after he had passed and Kenny Ortega, who was directing it all, was like ‘You’re gonna come out and sing,’ ” she explains, adding, “So not only was I completely shaken up, I didn’t know how I was gonna get through it. Then going out there just with a microphone, I was like, ‘I feel completely weird.'”
orianthi-michael-jackson2.jpg

She says, “It was a special night but at the same time it was very, very sad.”

Orianthi, 31, had been rehearsing with Jackson for his ill-fated This Is It tour as a guitarist at the time of his surprising death. She was hired after being contacted through MySpace and performing a private audition for Jackson. Working with the star, she says, was one of the “craziest moments of my life.”

Source: People.com

Just watched this. She was one of 5 people on Oprahs 'Where are They Now' series. One was Doc Severinson, Johnny Carson's bandleader.
It looked like she lived in a mansion and I didn't realize she was doing that well-but her boyfriend is Ricky Sambora of Bon Jovi fame and used to be married to Heather Locklear. Interesting. :)
They're also working on an album.
She's been busy-she jammed with Prince and Santana and also toured with Alice Cooper.

Last edited:

Seeing this just breaks my heart... ? This photo reminds me of the Dangerous era. I just wish that he got to do at least 1 show. Just one show.

had the pleasure of meeting her in 2012 when she was touring with Alice Cooper.. very nice lady

2hpj66x.jpg

Orianthi's Audition for Michael Jackson | Where Are They Now | Oprah Winfrey Network

Seeing this just breaks my heart... ?? This photo reminds me of the Dangerous era. I just wish that he got to do at least 1 show. Just one show.

You was reading my mine i was just getting ready to say the same thing.

Last edited:
Back