The Mummy (2017 Reboot)

Victory2004

Proud Member
This is the kick off film for Universal Pictures Classic Monsters Cinematic Universe or CMU for short. Teaser Poster
CymKKndUoAAr3Zi.jpg
Trailer

I don't know if I like this or not. I want more Mummy movies but I don't want them to be action movies set it modern day. It just doesn't have the atmosphere or charm I want. They could have at least set most of the movie in Egypt. The Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe is starting to feel like a bad idea. I'm a big fan of the 1999 and the 1932 versions:

I wish this was more like it.

I don't know if I like this or not. I want more Mummy movies but I don't want them to be action movies set it modern day. It just doesn't have the atmosphere or charm I want. They could have at least set most of the movie in Egypt. The Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe is starting to feel like a bad idea. I'm a big fan of the 1999 and the 1932 versions:

I wish this was more like it.
But you gotta admit the 1999 film is pretty silly now and the CGI doesn't hold up well. Plus the one in 99 was an action film. But this 2017 film has good writers to boot. Wouldn't be so quick to write it off.

But you gotta admit the 1999 film is pretty silly now and the CGI doesn't hold up well. Plus the one in 99 was an action film. But this 2017 film has good writers to boot. Wouldn't be so quick to write it off.

I will definitely go to see this. It's hard to believe that Tom Cruise is 54 years old. He looks barely 40. The monster cinematic universe might be great if done in a right way. It can look silly very easily and especially in modern day setting. That rumored Invisible Man movie with Johnny Depp sounds interesting.

you know I haven't given Tom Cruise Movies much of a shot but this looks good.. I'll have to say I still have to see the Jack Reacher movies, I hear they are good.

I don't know if I like this or not. I want more Mummy movies but I don't want them to be action movies set it modern day.
Some ppl have already seen the film and they like it plus one person said the movie was more horror than action/adventure. Think you'll be pleased to hear that.

Please tell us the first movie of the "Dark Universe" series

This was very average movie. Hard to say much. It was entertaining and Cruise was good but the movie wasn't very memorable. I wasn't a fan Sofia Boutella's mummy and she didn't do much in the movie. Not a very good start for Dark Universe. I hope the other ones aren't all like this.

Last edited:
I have not seen it yet simply because of the reviews basically sound very... "eh"!

It was fine. Not good or bad. Just fine. Room for improvement? Sure. But on the bright side this film has become the biggest box office 3 day weekend opening weekend worldwide for Cruise in his career beating 2005's WAR OF THE WORLD's opening 3 day weekend opening worldwide. The Dark Universe will continue.

It was OK. Kind of a mess. I still have a little hope for the Dark Universe though.

This was very average movie. Hard to say much. It was entertaining and Cruise was good but the movie wasn't very memorable. I wasn't a fan Sofia Boutella's mummy and she didn't do much in the movie. Not a very good start for Dark Universe. I hope the other ones aren't all like this.

She was actually the best part of the movie I thought. Didn't like much of anything else.

Actually, I seen Sofia Boutella in Hollywood Tonight MV
but she played is noting

Back