New UK MJ TV Documentary coming in 2017 with Earnest Valentino? Airs Sunday 26/03 9pm Channel 5 (UK)

myosotis

Proud Member
I've been reading about a possible new documentary on FB...from EV's page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to announce that Earnest Valentino will be starring in an up coming T.V. movie as Michael Jackson. (A Documentary)

The film is produced by UK`s biggest film company ITV, and was directed by Ben Mole. It will be airing next year (2017) on channel 5, and in America.

Title, Date & Time: TBA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Mole:
A writer and director with award-winning scripted drama, docu-drama, and documentary television credits. I have also directed award-winning commercials, promos and short films.

(No info. on his website about this TV doc yet)
http://www.benmole.com/

Re: New UK MJ TV Documentary coming in 2017 with Earnest Valentino?

Not to optimistic really. - Hope it's nothing like the awful Man in the Mirror.

I am a bit worried about this....

^ They say documentary so my guess would be the common view of MJ doing this or that while speaking just to give a visual.. I don't think it will be an actual movie

Channel 5 is really trashy.

I've been reading about a possible new documentary on FB...from EV's page:

There's also a picture of EV with Ben Mole

The guy with EV is definitely Ben Mole.

BTW why would ITV produce a documentary and then allow it to be broadcast on Channel 5?? Wouldn't ITV just show it themselves?????

So I emailed Ben Mole yesterday to see whether he could discuss the show and he said

Hi xxxxxx

Yes there is an itv studios show being made about the singer michael jackson.

God help us all.

Ben

This is very worrying, and indicates to me that he may not be in full control of the final edit. Perhaps it's being taken in a direction that he doesn't agree with. Or perhaps I'm just reading too much into it. I have contacted him again for more information but I doubt he'll be able to say much. I'll post back here if I receive a reply.

I just received another reply in which he says

"I meant God bless us all! No cause for concern".

Further information

It is interviews with people who knew him well cut with dramatisations of what they are saying.

I am no longer involved with the show. Another producer is now putting it all together in the cutting rooms.

I think its going to be good.

BTW why would ITV produce a documentary and then allow it to be broadcast on Channel 5?? Wouldn't ITV just show it themselves?????

This is not unusual.

"God help us all"? Freudian slip? UK seems to have a lot of these "docs". I've seen one where they reinacted Michael's last days and shadowy figures were playing Michael and Murray.

What's up with all these biopics lately??? It's been an over saturation with biopics lately and a lot of them is rubbish save for a select few. I'm gonna pass on this

Ill say documentaries that have used impersonators have been pretty cheezy.. we shall see on this one

Ill say documentaries that have used impersonators have been pretty cheezy.. we shall see on this one

Michael Jackson is a difficult person to produce a show or a movie about.

Obviously the changes to his physical appearance make it difficult to cast any actor. Do you get a black guy and use prosthetics and white makeup, which is likely going to look bad? Or do you use a white guy and prosthetics?? Again that'll look bad. Do you use different actors for different phases of his career?? Thinking outside the box, another option is to use a CGI MJ, but that will look bad. Each option will focus the reviewers on criticising MJ's appearance generally but I think that's unavoidable, particularly with a show that focuses on the end of his life.

The other aspect is his dress sense. It was so unusual, particularly in the last few months of his life. His clothes were often mis-matched. Seemingly thrown together with no consideration to whether it fitted him or whether it looked good. It was truly awful IMO. Most of the clothes he wore on stage during the This Is It rehearsals were awful too.

As soon as you get an impersonator and dress him up in all those clothes it will be difficult to take them seriously. MJ badly needed a stylist in his last years.

It's for these reasons that I doubt we'll see an official documentary any time soon. The challenges may be too difficult to master.

Michael Jackson is a difficult person to produce a show or a movie about.

Obviously the changes to his physical appearance make it difficult to cast any actor. Do you get a black guy and use prosthetics and white makeup, which is likely going to look bad? Or do you use a white guy and prosthetics?? Again that'll look bad. Do you use different actors for different phases of his career?? Thinking outside the box, another option is to use a CGI MJ, but that will look bad. Each option will focus the reviewers on criticising MJ's appearance generally but I think that's unavoidable, particularly with a show that focuses on the end of his life.

The other aspect is his dress sense. It was so unusual, particularly in the last few months of his life. His clothes were often mis-matched. Seemingly thrown together with no consideration to whether it fitted him or whether it looked good. It was truly awful IMO. Most of the clothes he wore on stage during the This Is It rehearsals were awful too.

As soon as you get an impersonator and dress him up in all those clothes it will be difficult to take them seriously. MJ badly needed a stylist in his last years.

It's for these reasons that I doubt we'll see an official documentary any time soon. The challenges may be too difficult to master.

This is very true :) I think we'll just have to wait for the trailer and eventually the full thing to be aired. So far it doesn't seem that there is anything too alarming. In terms of cast, the Michael impersonator they used seems good and the actor playing Jermaine I would say looks quite close to him. But now how will they portray michael:doh:

For anybody interested I saw a show on Channel 5 about Freddie Mercury called "Freddie Mercury: Who Wants To Live Forever?" and it matches the description given by Ben Mole about the MJ show - it was interviews with people who knew him, with scenes acted out by a lookalike.

The MJ show, rumoured to be shown on Channel 5 could be very similar to this.

On demand here:

http://www.channel5.com/show/the-freddie-mercury-story-who-wants-to-live-forever/

Other mentions:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/new-freddie-mercury-documentary-1860666

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/20/the-f...all-emotional-over-queen-stars-death-6271514/

Even if they nail Mike's look, 9 times out of 10 whatever hope of a decent MJ portrayal is destroyed by a cartoonish voice!

We shall see...

I'm not sure if you guys know about this....

I saw this news piece yesterday afternoon about a lad called Tando who was cast as Marlon Jackson in a show called 'Man In The Mirror' which is due to be broadcast on UK Channel 5 on Sunday March 26th.

http://www.yellowad.co.uk/article.c...evision biopic&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

A 13-year-old pupil from a Leigh-on-Sea stage school, who used to dance non-stop to his favourite Michael Jackson tracks, will now being playing his brother, Marlon, in a television biopic next weekend.

Tando Nopakela, from Singer Stage School, was submitted by his agent, Sandra Singer, for the role and after a series of auditions and recalls he was confirmed for the role..

After finishing filming, the youngster is now ready to watch ‘Man in the Mirror’ Michael Jackson Biopic on Channel 5 at 9pm on Saturday, March 25. (NOTE THIS IS NOT WHEN CHANNEL 5 HAVE SCHEDULE THE SHOW! See link below)
Tando is equally comfortable with acting and singing, but his passion is dance he is a great hip hop and commercial dancer.
Sandra said: “When the breakdown came through for the roles I thought I know the perfect person for this job where he could do all three disciplines and be part of Michael Jackson’s family too”.

"Tando works so hard and is going to be a name to watch for in the future."
It has been a busy few months for Tando as he has also just finished filming for BBC’s Call The Midwife.
Sandra, who has trained and launched the careers of some of the leading talent in the UK today, is looking for new potential stars to train at her Leigh-on-Sea based school.

Channel 5 has the show listed here:

http://www.channel5.com/show/michael-jackson-man-in-the-mirror/

It's not clear to me whether this is the same show that Ernest Valentino was involved in or not. His show was supposed to be produced by ITV studios and shown on Channel 5 this year, but I was told it would feature a selection of interviews from people who knew MJ plus their accounts acted out as dramatisations.

But there's not much information about this Channel 5 shows other than "Biopic. The story of Jackson's rise to pop domination."
If it truly is the story of MJ's RISE then I guess it wouldnt' feature Valentino, but for now we'll have to wait and see.

What are the chances that Channel 5 plan to show TWO new MJ shows this year???

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you guys know about this....

I saw this news piece yesterday afternoon about a lad called Tando who was cast as Marlon Jackson in a show called 'Man In The Mirror' which is due to be broadcast on UK Channel 5 on Sunday March 26th.

www.yellowad.co.uk/article.cfm?id=1...evision biopic&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

A 13-year-old pupil from a Leigh-on-Sea stage school, who used to dance non-stop to his favourite Michael Jackson tracks, will now being playing his brother, Marlon, in a television biopic next weekend.

Tando Nopakela, from Singer Stage School, was submitted by his agent, Sandra Singer, for the role and after a series of auditions and recalls he was confirmed for the role..

After finishing filming, the youngster is now ready to watch ‘Man in the Mirror’ Michael Jackson Biopic on Channel 5 at 9pm on Saturday, March 25. (NOTE THIS IS NOT WHEN CHANNEL 5 HAVE SCHEDULE THE SHOW! See link below)
Tando is equally comfortable with acting and singing, but his passion is dance he is a great hip hop and commercial dancer.
Sandra said: “When the breakdown came through for the roles I thought I know the perfect person for this job where he could do all three disciplines and be part of Michael Jackson’s family too”.

"Tando works so hard and is going to be a name to watch for in the future."
It has been a busy few months for Tando as he has also just finished filming for BBC’s Call The Midwife.
Sandra, who has trained and launched the careers of some of the leading talent in the UK today, is looking for new potential stars to train at her Leigh-on-Sea based school.

Channel 5 has the show listed here:

http://www.channel5.com/show/michael-jackson-man-in-the-mirror/

There's not much information about this Channel 5 shows other than "Biopic. The story of Jackson's rise to pop domination."

Last edited:

Yes, It's definitely the same one Earnest Valentino is in. Found the young lads acting profile & it listed the same director 'Ben Mole'. I'm actually looking forward to this, I'm watching it with an open mind and giving it a chance, could be good.

Isn't there another one with another impersonator being done documentary style? (Not the Navi one).

Isn't there another one with another impersonator being done documentary style? (Not the Navi one).

I think there are only two. This one and the one with navi.

Re: New show: "Michael Jackson Story: Man In The Mirror" Sunday 26th March, 9pm, Channel 5 (UK).

Links now fixed ?

https://www.facebook.com/EarnestVal...0055081496043/768064920028387/?type=3&theater

^^ Definitely the same one. That's earnest's announcement on facebook.

"Hello Everyone,

i would like to inform you that the MJ Biopic titled "Man in the Mirror" will be broadcasted on March 26th, at 9pm on UK channel 5.

It will be shown in America, but the date and time has yet to be confirmed.

Earnest Valentino with actress playing Lisa Marie.:)"

Back