George Michael Dies

WTF! I just came here after a long time and I bump into this tragic news. I love GM. :(

Second favourite male artist after MJ. Amazing talent.

WTF? I didn't see this coming. What a year, OMG. Another shock.

WTF? I didn't see this coming. What a year, OMG. Another shock.

This has hit me more than Prince, it's 2009 all over again almost.

Lucky enough to see him live twice and vocally he's the best ever in my opinion.

I don't even have words to say-it's been one after the other since last Christmas and Natalie. Just shocking.

Hold on, what ?! I listen to "As" (featuring the great Mary J. Blige) a lot. The music video is fantastic. His voice was like velvet. Thank you very much George Michael. May you rest in peace.

Last edited:
Just heard the news. I can't believe it. :cry:

Another fantastic artist gone far too soon. 2016 has been a terrible year. Just as he was set for a come back as well. :(

The media are already going on about his personal life and 'waning' career. The scum can never let people rest in peace.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heartbroken at the loss of my beloved friend Yog. Me, his loved ones, his friends, the world of music, the world at large. 4ever loved. A xx <a href="https://t.co/OlGTm4D9O6">https://t.co/OlGTm4D9O6</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Ridgeley (@ajridgeley) <a href="https://twitter.com/ajridgeley/status/813176997174280192">December 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">God didn&#39;t give it, you did my old friend. <br>Cleft with grief. <br>A xx <a href="https://t.co/yPzbB3rDGE">https://t.co/yPzbB3rDGE</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Ridgeley (@ajridgeley) <a href="https://twitter.com/ajridgeley/status/813235987975286784">December 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just heard the news from my friend just moments ago, can't believe another soul like George Michael gone this year and on Christmas too.

Damn.
2016 is taking everybody.
RIP George.

Like I've said, it's like reliving 2009 all over again when many including Michael went gone.

So sad and so upset, when will 2014 and its grim toll end. I oved George Michael from the Wham days and like Michael Jackson, I grew up with him and his music. He came out not long after I did. George had an incredible voice, amazing song writing skills (He wrote and composed Careless Whisper when he was 19/20) and could also play many instruments. All of this from a gay half British/half Greek boy from the middle suburbs of London. His music espoused his struggle and his joruney through life, from the carefree party sound of Wham!, the Pop superstardom of Faith, the retreat inwards of LWP and then the joyful coming of Age with Older and introspective feel of Patience and later albums, with a bit of lighthearted fun and indulgence with "Freeek" and "Shoot the dog" - I really like those songs.
George Michael was just incredible and easily in my Top 10 of favourites not far behind Michael and Prince.
Pissed off that so many great artists have died in 2016 and 6 days from the end of it, this happens. David Bowie, Prince, Pete Burns, Maurice White, George Martin, Rick Parfitt and Leonard Cohen and of course the pugilist Muhammad Ali. When will it end, while Donald Trump and those drug eaten hedonists called the Rolling Stones seem to thrive!

Playing George Michael and Wham! songs all night.

The media are already going on about his personal life and 'waning' career. The scum can never let people rest in peace.

Not to foget his sexuality and his famous arrest in 1998 and the bit about his drunk driving. The maggot media always love to dig up dirt. I hope all those scumbags get the karma they deserve.

I love George Michael...live is just two days rip

There are many things difficult to accept, but I think death is the worst of them. God does not ask that we "be strong," that "let us forget," that "let us not weep," for He Himself has felt all these things. Before the tomb of Lazarus, Jesus wept, demonstrating that the feeling of sadness is well suited to the human being.

So do not try to fight your feelings, just accept that everything comes from God. If you want to cry, cry; If you want to be sad, be sad, there is nothing wrong with that. But as Martha and Mary did at the time of the illness and death of Lazarus, turn to the Lord. Do not resort to anything and no one else but Him.

Many people despair when they think that God is too far from them and can not understand what they are going through. This would be true if God were as all religions teach, that is, some distant and impersonal force, inaccessible to man and that just kept things going. But God is not like that. In Christ we can find God perfect and perfect Man.

The Son of God became flesh in the Person of Jesus and experienced what it is to walk on this ground, to eat the food we eat, to suffer hunger, thirst, pain and abandonment. And, most of all, He suffered rejection from His own creatures, and on the cross, Christ was forsaken by God Himself when He became sin for us. Is there anyone who has suffered more than Him? No one!

Maybe your heart is full of doubts about the person who left. You yourself know that the Bible makes it very clear that there is no opportunity for salvation after death. In the Bible there is neither purgatory nor reincarnation. It is here in this life that our eternal destiny for life in the hereafter is sealed.

It is normal for us to worry about the person who left, especially when someone is very dear. But we can rest in the certainty that God is righteous in all His designs. Prayers and prayers for those who have died have no value, for if it had, the work of Christ would have been incomplete; Would need our help. However sometimes we are not sure if the person who left has been saved; We did not get a chance to see her converted.

I hope this brings clarification and comfort. Try to pray for those who have stayed so they can convert.

Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope. 14 For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again, so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus.

So keep comforting one another with these words.
First to the Thessalonians 4:13-18

Jesus, that's a lot of 80s superstars dead. Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Prince, George Michael, David Bowie... all dead. The last 3 all this year too.

This is so sad, the world loses another great artist. May he rest in Peace.

The world has lost a beautiful and soulful voice. He will be missed.........

Random question (okay maybe not that random because this is an MJ fansite), did MJ and George ever meet?
If they did meet did they like each other? :D

I admittedly don't know much about George.:)

Is this true?

http://www.guyspy.com/an-evening-with-george-michael-jackson/

“Oh yeah, we were even going to work together. But his bizarre behaviour put the kibosh on that. It was 1988 and it’s funny, looking back, but at the time we were the biggest male pop stars in the world, rivals I suppose. And our label Sony had this grand idea of a duet – the two Michaels – it could’ve been the biggest thing ever! But I’d heard that Prince had turned him down, I also knew that he was sitting on stuff he’d done with Freddie Mercury – apparently they fell out because Freddie kept urging him to come out of the closet!”

“Was Freddie trying it on with him? Who knows? But it wouldn’t surprise me, knowing Freddie! Anyway, a meeting was arranged at the Jackson family compound in Encino. Michael had just bought Neverland but we’d heard that no adults were allowed there, except staff. It took ages to get there; a really long drive in a stuffy car from LA and I’m really hot and sweaty. When we arrive at the house, we’re shown into the porch by the front door and told that Michael will be down to see us shortly. I was standing there for 20 minutes. Then Michael arrives, in full-make up with shades on, inside the house! He’s accompanied by his manager Frank DiLeo, and I have my manager with me, so there’s the four of us standing in the hallway, and Frank does all the talking. Not once does Michael ever shake our hands, take his shades off or speak directly to us. I try to engage him in conversation but he just turns his head and looks at the floor. All questions to him have to go through his manager, even when you’re standing right in front of him. Unbelievable rudeness!

As the managers try to work out the logistics of who would write the song and all that, the only time Michael volunteers to speak is a whisper in Frank’s ear. “Michael wants to know how much do you think we could sell of this record?” enquiries DiLeo. It would have been absolutely massive, and my manager made it clear it would be, but it was almost like Michael wanted some kind of guarantee: “I will only agree to work with you if it’s going to sell at least x million.” But by this point I’d lost interest. We’d been talking for over an hour and not once were were offered a drink or even a chair. I came away thinking this guy is a complete and utter nutter. And that was the last time there was ever any talk of the two of us working together. No amount of record sales was worth that kind of behaviour.”

Nobody knows if the above is true, yet it hasn't stopped certain MJ fans making a huge deal out of it on Twitter. :smilerolleyes:

Quite what it matters I don't know. Let's say he thought MJ was guilty. So what? I won't stop listening to his music.

The irony of this is how when something is said against MJ from a sketchy source, they immediately get about rebutting it. George Michael claims MJ was guilty, reported by a small website (I'd sat on the sketchy side), having never been picked up by a big publication, and it's taken as truth. Double standards.

Last edited:
mkgenie;4179738 said:
Is this true?

http://www.guyspy.com/an-evening-with-george-michael-jackson/

&#8220;Oh yeah, we were even going to work together. But his bizarre behaviour put the kibosh on that. It was 1988 and it&#8217;s funny, looking back, but at the time we were the biggest male pop stars in the world, rivals I suppose. And our label Sony had this grand idea of a duet &#8211; the two Michaels &#8211; it could&#8217;ve been the biggest thing ever! But I&#8217;d heard that Prince had turned him down, I also knew that he was sitting on stuff he&#8217;d done with Freddie Mercury &#8211; apparently they fell out because Freddie kept urging him to come out of the closet!&#8221;

&#8220;Was Freddie trying it on with him? Who knows? But it wouldn&#8217;t surprise me, knowing Freddie! Anyway, a meeting was arranged at the Jackson family compound in Encino. Michael had just bought Neverland but we&#8217;d heard that no adults were allowed there, except staff. It took ages to get there; a really long drive in a stuffy car from LA and I&#8217;m really hot and sweaty. When we arrive at the house, we&#8217;re shown into the porch by the front door and told that Michael will be down to see us shortly. I was standing there for 20 minutes. Then Michael arrives, in full-make up with shades on, inside the house! He&#8217;s accompanied by his manager Frank DiLeo, and I have my manager with me, so there&#8217;s the four of us standing in the hallway, and Frank does all the talking. Not once does Michael ever shake our hands, take his shades off or speak directly to us. I try to engage him in conversation but he just turns his head and looks at the floor. All questions to him have to go through his manager, even when you&#8217;re standing right in front of him. Unbelievable rudeness!

As the managers try to work out the logistics of who would write the song and all that, the only time Michael volunteers to speak is a whisper in Frank&#8217;s ear. &#8220;Michael wants to know how much do you think we could sell of this record?&#8221; enquiries DiLeo. It would have been absolutely massive, and my manager made it clear it would be, but it was almost like Michael wanted some kind of guarantee: &#8220;I will only agree to work with you if it&#8217;s going to sell at least x million.&#8221; But by this point I&#8217;d lost interest. We&#8217;d been talking for over an hour and not once were were offered a drink or even a chair. I came away thinking this guy is a complete and utter nutter. And that was the last time there was ever any talk of the two of us working together. No amount of record sales was worth that kind of behaviour.&#8221;

No idea if that's true or not.
It sounds very sensationalist though which leads me to believe it isn't.
And we all know the lengths someone will go too for a 'hot story'.

Edit: However, although I don't automatically believe every negative comment I see about MJ from other celebs from a shady media outlet (because I don't want to think that someone believes the allegations) I personally can't just say "so what" (like the person who commented above me) if someone (Gene Simmons for example) does indeed believe the allegations and has publicly made nasty comments about it.
The comment obviously won't in the least change my opinion of MJ and his music, but it will succeed in changing my own opinion of whoever said the comment.

Edit2: I wish that some of these celebs didn't have to die to get shown love though.
Show them love while you know they can receive it. :/

Last edited:
The most poignant and beautiful. This made me cry today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WcX0hDEqS4E

She takes the back road and the lane
Past the school that has not changed
In all this time
She thinks of when the boy was young
All the battles she had won
Just to give him life

That man
She loved that man
For all his life
But now we meet to take him flowers
And only god knows why