Re: Carrie Fisher dies

Rest in peace.

2aild6q.png

48.jpg

Yes, 2016 is a bad year :(

Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher!

Seriously was hoping she'd pull through. This has made me very sad. We'll see her in episode 8 and then never again. Very sad.

Oh no. Not Princess Leia

May the force be with he forever.

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

Sad to hear she didn't make it. She left a lasting legacy behind that's for sure. So many big stars we've lost this year. :(

I honestly just... can't believe it... I was really hoping she'd pull through :'(

Not that it's a competition or anything, but it definitely is one of the most devastating celebrity deaths for me. RIP Carrie Fisher. We're going to miss your incredible humour, your outlook on life and, of course, your iconic, generation-spanning role as Princess Leia. You'll always be royalty to me

I'd be lying if I said I was a Star Wars fan, but I definitely remember the pictures with Michael and the kids from Dec. 2008. I also remember an interview of hers from a few years back where she said some interesting things about the interaction with Michael. May she rest in peace.

Rest in peace.

2aild6q.png

48.jpg

There was also this

mj-484.jpg

Re: Carrie fisher died..

I still cant belive it .....and now her mother is gone too ?

1726485fxbgqgbcqb505tb.jpg

Michael-With-Good-Freinds-Carrie-Fisher-And-Longtime-Dermatologist-Allen-Klein-michael-jackson-32911592-399-261.png

:angel:

Why does God allow such atrocity in the world?

Because God exists these things happen. I explain: what does the Bible say? That God created man and wanted to give him all that was good and better. I ask: did the man want it? No, the human being wanted to be the owner of his destiny, he wanted to be knowledgeable of good and evil, he wanted to rule his own nose.

The rest of the story you know, that is, how God has provided a way out for one who believes that he can be saved and secure his place in heaven. Meanwhile the world will continue to lie in the evil one, under the dominion of its prince, and all sorts of atrocities will continue to be committed.

We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one1 John 5:19

What could be expected of a world that, when the Son of God came down here in human form, nailed Him to a cross?

The question should not be "Why does God allow such atrocity in the world?", But "Why has God not yet given up saving man?"

And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it does happen, you will believe.
I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming, and he has no claim on Me.
But I do exactly what the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Get up! Let us go on from here.…
John 14:30

Re: Carrie fisher died..

Anyone got those quotes from carrie about chandler. Only read them a few weeks ago on here

elusive moonwalker;4179946 said:
Anyone got those quotes from carrie about chandler. Only read them a few weeks ago on here

It is from her 2011 book Shockaholic.

“But remember that dentist who sued Michael for molesting his kid?
Yes, that was my dentist. Evan Chandler, D.D.S. Dentist to the Stars. And this same Dr. Chandler — long before the lawsuit was brought (though not necessarily before it was contemplated) — needed someone to brag to about his son’s burgeoning friendship with Michael Jackson. (This was years before Michael had children of his own.) And so my “dentist” would go on and on about how much his son liked Michael Jackson and, more important, how much Michael Jackson liked his son. And the most disturbing thing I remember him saying was, “You know, my son is very good looking.”

Now I ask you—what father talks about his child that way? Well, maybe some do but (a) I don’t know them, and (b) they probably aren’t raising an eyebrow and looking suggestive when they say it. Over the years I’ve heard many proud fathers tell me, “My son is great,” or “My kid is adorable,” but this was the only time I’d ever heard this particular boast:
“My son [unlike most average male offspring] is VERY [unsettling smile, raised eyebrows, maybe even a lewd wink] good-looking [pause for you to reflect and/or puke].”

It was grotesque! This man was letting me know that he had this valuable thing that he assumed Michael Jackson wanted, and it happened to be his son. But it wasn’t who his son was, it was what he was: “good-looking.” [6]

A couple of months later, Fisher writes, Evan Chandler announced to her that he was going to sue Jackson for sleeping in the same bed as his son. Fisher shares some thoughts about his accusation:

“Now, I know for a fact that when this first started happening, the good doctor saw no problem with this odd bunking! Excuse me, he had been creepy enough to have allowed all this to happen, and now he’s suddenly shocked—shocked!—virtually consumed with moral indignation! “Can you believe it? I think Michael may have even put his hand on my child’s privates.” Well, what was this man thinking in the first place? Why did he encourage him to sleep in the same bed as Michael Jackson to begin with?

He did it because he knew, somewhere, he would eventually be able to say, “Oh, my God! I suddenly realize that this thing between Michael and my son is weird. I’m horrified. My son may have been damaged! And the only thing that can repair this damage is many millions of dollars! Then he’ll be okay! And we’re not going to buy anything for ourselves with that money! It’s all going toward our son being okay!!!” This was around the time that I knew I had to find another dentist. No drug can hide the fact that one’s skin is crawling.

The thing is, though, I never thought that Michael’s whole thing with kids was sexual. Never. Granted, it was miles from appropriate, but just because it wasn’t normal doesn’t mean that it had to be perverse. Those aren’t the only two choices for what can happen between an adult and an unrelated child spending time together. Even if that adult has had too much plastic surgery and what would appear to be tattooed makeup on his face. And yes, he had an amusement park, a zoo, a movie theater, popcorn, candy, and an elephant. But to draw a line under all that and add it up to the assumption that he fiendishly rubbed his hands together as he assembled this giant super spiderweb to lure and trap kids into it is just bad math.

[…]

But wait! Check this out! Let’s say your “really good-looking son” started hanging out with this odd-looking famous multi-multimillionaire that could maybe be persuaded to give you twenty-two million dollars if you threatened to tell everyone in the world that he touched your son’s underage, maybe-not- even-fully-grown-yet member. Well, I don’t know what you’d do? But when my dentist was presented with a choice between integrity and twenty-two million dollars, you’ll never guess what he did! That’s right—he went for the cash! But hey, he was only human-ish, right? But really, who could blame him? I mean, besides you and me and anyone else alive who cares about ruining their kid’s life, who else could blame Dr. Chandler for what he did? (I’ll wait while you think.)” [6]

Also

“But getting back to the special medical access I mentioned earlier, I had this dentist at the time, a Dr. Evan Chandler, who was a very strange character. He was what would be referred to as the Dentist to the Stars! And as one of the people who would have unnecessary dental work just for the morphine, this man was one of those people who could arrange such a welcome service. He referred his patients to a mobile anesthesiologist who would come into the office to put you out for the dental work. And as if that wasn’t glorious enough, this anesthesiologist could also be easily and financially persuaded to come to your house to administer the morphine for your subsequent luxury pain relief. And I would extend my arms, veins akimbo, and say to this man—“Send me away, but don’t send me all the way.”

Still can't believe it... I actually got choked up when I heard the news. And then a day later her mother was gone... RIP to both of them. :(

I don't really know what to say, I'm speechless about it all really... and especially for Carrie's daugher Billie, my heart really goes out to her... I can't imagine what it'd be like losing your mother one day and your grandmother the literal next day.

We will see Leia once more at least in 2017.

tumblr_oiv1x1pXUa1spwvd4o1_500.gif

I couldn't believe Debbie Reynolds died just one day apart of her daughter. 2016 got ridiculous. :(

I've been so sad and heartbroken over this that I've been unable to comment-I just loved and admired Carrie since we were both teenagers/young adults. I wasn't ever a StarWars fan (finally forced to watch the trilogy around 92-93 by my fanatic brother in law), but I adored her personally-she was so quick, bright, clever and "Postcards from the Edge" and "When Harry Met Sally"sealed the deal for me. Her character in "When Harry Met Sally" was her, IMO. In fact, she and Bruno Kirby were both so adorable in that, I saw it at least ten times when it first came out.
And Debbie-I had loved her since I first saw "Singing in the Rain" when I was 8-"Unsinkable Molly Brown, "How the West was Won", and "The Singing Nun" were all big faves of mine.

I really started admiring Debbie as a person, when she started buying up all the MGM costumes in the early 70's-back when MGM was facing bankruptcy And Ted Turner was a villain killing the studio. I loved the way she talked about the historical importance of the costumes and the studio. I had the same admiration for Elizabeth Taylor when she spoke about AIDS in 85 and the death of Rock Hudson and her pledge to create AmFar-and raise funds. They both became more than just actresses to me-or the subjects of the first big tabloid story in my lifetime-they were spokespeople and fierce advocates for two causes I believed in.

I watched the 20/20 last night and listened to Todd Fisher say they were going to be laid to rest together in Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills-near Liberace and his mother-Liberace was, of course, a great friend of Debbie's. I'm glad they will be there. Here's a picture that Todd tweeted out=I just love this.

C03dHwlUsAAFz5i.jpg

Last edited:

I went to see Rogue One yesterday and the last scene is especially moving now after Carrie's death.

I went to see Rogue One yesterday and the last scene is especially moving now after Carrie's death.
My best friend went to see Rogue One too-he told me that Lucas Films had condolence books in the lobby where you could play your respects to Carrie and/or Debbie. They are going to collect them and give them to the family at their memorial service.
I thought that was great.

Its so sad and I really feel for Billie Lourd (Chanel No 3 on Scream Queens) and Todd Fisher especially because this happened during the X-mas Hollidays too.

proxy.jpg

Looking forward to this, and will probably need tissues as well.

Todd Fisher ?@tafish

If you want to understand my Mother and Sister's relationship in their own words, this HBO documentary says it all. January 7th

C1D1Ap6UcAMO4Ow.jpg

Back