BuzzAngle Music’s full 2016 report: MJ among the best sellers

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
Music analytics service BuzzAngle Music has published its first-ever yearly report on US music consumption. It’s filled with fascinating statistics on everything from audio streaming (which reached a record high of 250.7 billion songs this year) to trending genres (at 18.2%, hip-hop/rap was the top genre in terms of total song consumption).

Given the continued explosion of streaming, it’s unsurprising that physical albums sales are down 11.7% overall from 2015, but there’s one bright spot for traditional record stores: Vinyl record sales rose 25.9% in 2016.

Check out the BuzzAngle Music’s full 2016 report here (PDF): http://www.buzzanglemusic.com/wp-content/uploads/BuzzAngle-Music-2016-Report.pdf

MJs 2016 achievements:
(page 38) ALBUM SALES ARTIST AWARDS - MALE POP ARTIST OF THE YEAR - MICHAEL JACKSON

(page 41) VINYL ALBUM SALES - TOP 25 - 15. Michael Jackson – Thriller (26,092)

(page 47) ARTISTS BY ALBUM SALES - TOP 25 -20. Michael Jackson - 597,057

The King, honestly, truly.
He's slaying from beyond the grave.
You should have put this in Michael Mania though.
It would probably get more attention there.

Nonetheless, it would be remiss not to mention that some of these numbers dont show Michael's true staying power most likely because they're not WW numbers.
For example, with Michael still moving actual albums very well, and being by far the most streamed classic artist on both YouTube and Spotify (two of the biggest streaming services) I'm sure his overall consumption WW currently would be on par with or higher than the Beatles and I'm sure that WW Michael currently gets consumed more then Elvis.:yes:

Also, I know that I'm being kinda lazy because I could probably find the info myself if I looked hard enough, but Respect am I right?
*Hopes that Respect77 sees this thread*:lol:

Last edited:
Back