Impersonators

MJRV

Proud Member
What are your opinions about impersonators? And the fact that some of them are claiming that they are the best ?

I don't mind them. It's nice to see them pay tribute to Michael. But it is hilarious how all of them call themselves ''The number 1 Michael Jackson impersonator''

I don't like them. Don't like when they try to look like Michael with make up, vigs and some even with plastic surgery. It´s just weird.

Last edited:
Galactus123;4180557 said:
I don't like them. Not when they try to look like Michael with make up, vigs and some even with plastic surgery. It´s just weird.

When they try to look like him, then yeah, it is weird. But if they're just tribute acts and nothing more, then I don't mind that.

Many of them take it way the hell too far, I recently saw this vid on youtube of this guy watching old clips of MJ commenting on it AS Michael watching old clips of himself.. I could not keep watching cuz it creeped me the F out. Many many impersonators take idol worship to a level that literally becomes creepy. Having a job of impersonating someone on stage because of the love you have for someone is NOT the same as someone that starts to have a hard time separating himself/herself with the artist..

Well I don't mind them if they're doing a tribute to Michael, but I detest when they impersonate him in a very stupid way for a such stupid jokes.

Back when we still had him I didn't care much for them. Except for E Cas I think that was his name. But now after what happen to Michael. I really hate every single one of them. It is just another constant horrible reminder of how we don't have the real Michael anymore.:( :boohoo

It really depends how they impersonate him. Some are better than others

In my opinion an impersonator doesn't need make-up, or to try behave like Michael when they are not on stage, some of them are cringe, i think it will be enough a wig and dance skills, no offense but some of them are looking like clowns

I don't really care for them, I'd by far just prefer to watch the real thing.

In saying that, I don't mind them, so long as they don't claim they're as good as the actual man nor get plastic surgery to look like him. Like really, if you do that you seriously have issues. The fact you're so utterly deluded and obsessed with a man to spend tens of thousands of dollars to permanetely alter your face, essentially striping yourself of your own personal identity, to look like a poorly done, artificial imitation of Michael Jackson is legitimately concerning and disturbing.

Like if I was Michael, I would actually be disturbed to some degree by that. If you're really good at your impersonation, your face should be irrelevant.

Last edited:
I always liked that one, oh I can't remember his name, I saw him a couple of years ago. Think he called himself Bruno Mars or something??

I always liked that one, oh I can't remember his name, I saw him a couple of years ago. Think he called himself Bruno Mars or something??
hahaha Wish we had a laugh button.:hysterical:

I don't have an issue with a tribute artist, although I wouldn't go to see one-maybe seeing one as part of someone's show is OK-I do mind it when the shows are publicized as "being the same as seeing the man himself"-or "Michael came back to life", etc.
None of them are the same as seeing Michael himself.

Lmao! Not sure if this is a joke or not, but Bruno Mars isn't a Impersonator of Michael. He just has a similar style I guess. Alot of people say he's the next MJ.

After watching one impersonator show I felt scarred for life lol.

It was literally a bad dream that came true for me!

I had to watch several Michael concert videos afterwards to purge the impersonator out of my system.

So hell NO to impersonators, but tribute shows that don't involve impersonators are totally fine :)

^ Would you be so kind as to elaborate please ? You got me interested. Was he that bad ? :)

Yes, I think it was the makeup combined with the cheap looking knock-off outfits, backup dancers and stage effects.

My mother surprised me with front row tickets :busted: Or I never would have gone.

I actually used to hate impersonators as well but, after Michael died, I gave them a second chance. Now I LOVE them. Well, at least the smaller more amateur ones. I don't know much about the Navis and ECas' of the world but... yeah anyhow... the reason is because I realized that most of the really good ones-- They are fans just like us :yes:. My favorites are Jeffery Perez and WHO's BAD (who has been around for 12 years and got Michaels approval).

How about stating some names of the Impersonators instead of taking pot shots. Some must be very good.

It really depends how they impersonate him. Some are better than others

Yes, I do agree! There are some who I think are really, really good! :) I have seen them on you tube, and I'm sorry, but I have my favorites.

I'll always stan for Who's Bad! Good dudes and they have an AWESOME show- trust me!

I used to love Impersonators too but now they scare the life out of me too lol

I used to go to Fan events just to see them perform and meet them afterwards. They were the 'next best thing' to Michael as I never got the chance to 'HUG' MJ but I did 'hug' a lot of Lookalikes lol

Then, the last show I attended a few years ago :eek: It scared the crap out of me too lol.
Okay, It was PhillyT and he was dressed like Michael in 'This is it' doing Earth song. I still remember my poor heart almost stopped there. The most scary thing is he even 'talks' like Michael and that was just TOO MUCH really!

It's just too 'confrontational' to see a lookalike on stage remembering our Michael was 'murdered' :cry:

I guess if it has such an 'affect' on you, he must be good hey! If your mind is 'fooled' somehow :blush:

Tossing out names (except if only praise) would not be the most 'sensitive' thing to do.. Most impersonators weave through various fan forums.

Many of them take it way the hell too far, I recently saw this vid on youtube of this guy watching old clips of MJ commenting on it AS Michael watching old clips of himself.. I could not keep watching cuz it creeped me the F out. Many many impersonators take idol worship to a level that literally becomes creepy. Having a job of impersonating someone on stage because of the love you have for someone is NOT the same as someone that starts to have a hard time separating himself/herself with the artist..

yeah it's that michael trapson guy right? At first i thought he was cool with his version of billie jean [and i dab], it made me laugh but then I saw him commenting on old video clips as if he was MJ. That's just taking it way too far imo.

^ Nice response after me saying it's not the most sensitive thing to bring up names.. I guess maybe I should not have given an example! lol... Yeah it went too far with that! that's all I'll say for now

As someone who is, for the most part, a MJ tribute artist, I don't mind them.

Not a fan of 'impersonators', though. Ones who are over the top & wear wigs/makeup and even go as far as to get plastic surgery, but ones who genuinely like paying tribute to him by going around the world 'as him' I admire. It keeps his legacy alive in a sense, so I don't mind.

I personally don't go too far. I do own several replicas & outfits - I have a wig, but that's for certain reasons as I like to go to conventions & events. I will never wear makeup.

First of all, I've met Michael Trapson and he's a cool dude. Really sweet and down to earth. And yeah... he's a bigger fan than most people would guess. Why else would he or any other tribute artist devote the time to doing what they do?

I really think they are misunderstood. Oh, and since it's on topic, I just wrote a post about why every MJ fan should see Who's Bad at least once. http://www.mjfangirl.com/2017/01/5-reasons-why-whos-bad-best-michael-jackson-tribute-band.html

This thread inspired it :yes:

When a fan cannot separate (impersonator or not) the love for Michael and his/her own identity is odd to me! sad also..

Back