Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Remember The Time

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Can't Let Her Get Away

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
Hard to choose. In the Closet, Jam and Remember the Time are the best. I go with In the Closet.

1) Jam

2) Dangerous
3) Remember The Time
4) Why You Wanna Trip On Me

5) Can't Let Her Get Away
6) In The Closet

7) She Drives Me Wild

In The Closet, Jam and Blood On The Dancefloor (though it didn't end up on dangerous)

I voted for all of them except for Jam. That song used to be my one of my most played songs back when we still had him. I used to so totally love that song and the video for it. I even remember watching the world premiere of that video back then. But now it is one of my most hated MJ songs. In fact I can't even begin to tell you just how much I hate that song now. Since it is a constant reminder of how I had gotten the worst news ever about him.:( :boohoo The other songs I just so totally miss listening to. But because of my anxiety attacks and my depression over what happened to him. Listening and watching him has totally become a thing of the past for me. I had since excepted the fact that watching and listening to him I will never be able to do again. Shahrukh Khan and my Bollywood music had since longed replaced him. And thank God that I have that now.

Jam.

The answer is Jam.

Jam is the answer to this.

The second half of Dangerous is a million times better than the first 5 NJS tracks, as good as they are. But Jam is in the Top 5 songs Michael Jackson ever made.

True fact.

That was hard, I chose "In the closet" as I love the sexy sound, the beat and Mystery girl whispering sweet nothings and cooing along. Plus when it came out, we were all debating who the mystery girl was -Princess Stephanie, Madonna, Vanessa Paradis, Mayte and Carmen Electra borrowed from Prince?.

All of those songs except Can't let her get away and She Drives me wild could have been best, as they are all great. Feel real bad about turning down Dangerous, as it was clearly #2 on that list. Why you wanna trip on me and Jam are right up there too.

Sorry voted twice! Went for Remember the Time and Cant Let Her Get Away...

Wish I could vote for three as, She Drives Me Wild was the inspiration for my user name but...eh... haha

1. Jam
2. Dangerous
3. In The Closet
4. Remember The Time
5. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
6. She Drives Me Wild
6=. can't Let Her Get Away

Like I've said before in terms of quality, you have Jam. Them we move to second half of the album, come back for Dangerous, then back to second half for Gone Too Soon, Keep The Faith and Black or White and then back for Teddys other songs.

I agree that the second half of Dangerous is where the albums shines most, but Dangerous would undoubtedly be weaker as a whole without songs like Jam, In The Closet and Heal The World on the first half. There aren't many albums I could say this about, but almost every song on Dangerous adds to the record. The reason the second half works so well is because of how it differs from the first half. A whole album like the second half would be too much, a whole album like the first half would also give you a migraine. Rolling Stone criticised Dangerous for its sequencing:

I think Dangerous is definitely guilty of doing this, but the songs are so good, you don't care. By Invincible, this clustered sequence of similar sounding songs had started to become a problem.

Agree. Also remember this was before playlists and shuffle, and the track listing is perfect I think. In fact it is in all the pre Invincible albums. Especially the long ones like Dangerous and HIStory.

You could have scattered the NJS songs but preloading the album with songs similar but more modern to the usual MJ we knew from Thriller and Bad, then breaking for Heal The World before taking us to a darker more mature Michael Jackson we've never known before is brilliant. Then we come full circle again to the NJS of the title track, which by the way also aurally resembles the mechanised Earth that is denoted on the album cover.

1. Jam
2. Dangerous
3. She Drives Me Wild
4. In The Closet
5. Why You Wanna Trip On Me
6. Remember The Time
7. Can't Let Her Get Away

Favourites are Jam, Dangerous and Remember the Time. Love all of them though to be honest.

Dangerous
Jam
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Can't Let Her Get Away
She Drives Me Wild

The first 4 I love equally. Would replace Heal The World with Someone Put Your Hand Out, and would have preferred if he had released Heal The World as a seperate stand alone single for the Heal The World foundation.

I voted for all of them except for Jam. That song used to be my one of my most played songs back when we still had him. I used to so totally love that song and the video for it. I even remember watching the world premiere of that video back then. But now it is one of my most hated MJ songs. In fact I can't even begin to tell you just how much I hate that song now. Since it is a constant reminder of how I had gotten the worst news ever about him.:( :boohoo The other songs I just so totally miss listening to. But because of my anxiety attacks and my depression over what happened to him. Listening and watching him has totally become a thing of the past for me. I had since excepted the fact that watching and listening to him I will never be able to do again. Shahrukh Khan and my Bollywood music had since longed replaced him. And thank God that I have that now.

You can't watch or listen to MJ but you can spend your life on here talking about him? You need serious profesional help. MJ is gone 8 years now and soon you will have spent a decade of your life posting the exact same thing, over and over and over again. If you can't celebrate what MJ gave you at this point you have a very serious problem that isn't healthy. Please see a doctor and get help for your own sake.

You can't watch or listen to MJ but you can spend your life on here talking about him? You need serious profesional help. MJ is gone 8 years now and soon you will have spent a decade of your life posting the exact same thing, over and over and over again. If you can't celebrate what MJ gave you at this point you have a very serious problem that isn't healthy. Please see a doctor and get help for your own sake.

This X1000. It's quite annoying seeing this poster say the same stuff in every thread. I honestly find it quite disturbing that someone can be in constant state of depression just because a celebrity that she liked is no longer with us. I love MJ and I wish he was still alive but I don't let his death affect the quality of my life and neither does it prevent me from listening to his music on a daily basis. It's worrying when people get too emotionally attached to anyone let alone a celebrity that they most likely never met. Like you said, this girl needs to seek professional help and I don't mean that in a rude way.

This X1000. It's quite annoying seeing this poster say the same stuff in every thread. I honestly find it quite disturbing that someone can be in constant state of depression just because a celebrity that she liked is no longer with us. I love MJ and I wish he was still alive but I don't let his death affect the quality of my life and neither does it prevent me from listening to his music on a daily basis. It's worrying when people get too emotionally attached to anyone let alone a celebrity that they most likely never met. Like you said, this girl needs to seek professional help and I don't mean that in a rude way.
The thing is, whenever someone says to her she needs help, she comes up with excuses. Or she just ignores it. Or writes the same things again over and over. For example, she said her therapist is an MJ hater just because he talked about something else the few time she did mention him. I explained to her that it isn't necessarily the reason, and that a therapist can't let their personal feelings and likes get in the way of helping a patient, and she should insist on keep talking about MJ, eventually her therapist has to listen to her. but she totally ignored it. I wouldn't bother wasting my time on telling her to get help

Dangerous
Jam
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Can't Let Her Get Away
She Drives Me Wild

The first 4 I love equally. Would replace Heal The World with Someone Put Your Hand Out, and would have preferred if he had released Heal The World as a seperate stand alone single for the Heal The World foundation.
Nooooooo! It actually breaks up the album quite nicely I think!

Dangerous
Jam
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Can't Let Her Get Away
She Drives Me Wild

Aaron! Trying to mess with Dangerous?

Are you purposely trying to get written out of my will?

Nooooooo! It actually breaks up the album quite nicely I think!
I suppose, to be fair it was one of my favorites on the album in the beginning and it is intrinsically MJ.
Aaron! Trying to mess with Dangerous?

Are you purposely trying to get written out of my will?
I've fought long and hard to remain on that will over the years and I ain't about to get removed from it now! Heal The World?? Best thing he ever did!!

The thing is, whenever someone says to her she needs help, she comes up with excuses. Or she just ignores it. Or writes the same things again over and over. For example, she said her therapist is an MJ hater just because he talked about something else the few time she did mention him. I explained to her that it isn't necessarily the reason, and that a therapist can't let their personal feelings and likes get in the way of helping a patient, and she should insist on keep talking about MJ, eventually her therapist has to listen to her. but she totally ignored it. I wouldn't bother wasting my time on telling her to get help
Didn't realise that. I've bit my toungue over the years regarding her posts, didn't know if it's someone who's genuinely unwell or just looking for attention. If so it's incredibly self indulgent and it puts a downer on the subject at hand. It's something MJ wouldn't want. He would want all of his fans to be celebrating him through his art.

aazzaabb;4185351 said:
I suppose, to be fair it was one of my favorites on the album in the beginning and it is intrinsically MJ.

I've fought long and hard to remain on that will over the years and I ain't about to get removed from it now! Heal The World?? Best thing he ever did!!

That's better. That £5 is safely yours now :)

In all fairness, my relationship with HTW has varied over the years. At first it was the only song on Dangerous that I didn't like. It was way too sacharrine for me, and it's still not on any playlist I have. But I do like it, the melody is beautiful and as you say it is intrinsicly him.

I also like the way it signifies the intermission on the album, it's like "okay, you've had some fun on the album and some great NJS & pop, but now the darker side starts. YOU BETTER BE OKAY WITH IT!"

Heal The World is on of the best MJ songs ever.

I hear the live version from the Rehearsals all the time. - Sadly the version I have is not very loud. - But it's a great song.

I honestly can not imagine Dangerous without Heal The World. - She Drives me Wild or Can't let her get away - maybe, but never Heal The World....!!

I also like the way it signifies the intermission on the album, it's like "okay, you've had some fun on the album and some great NJS & pop, but now the darker side starts. YOU BETTER BE OKAY WITH IT!"
This is exactly it for me. It's the shifting in tone- playful melody, serious content. Perfect transition to the later songs.

Also, what you say about your relationship varying, I can completely understand. I loved the song when it came out when I was a kid, then as I hit my teens it wouldnt have been one of the songs I would turn to because it didnt quite fit in with who I was listening to other than Mihcael (cool bands like Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, 'Tallica and so forth) so this song was kind of pushed to the side (publicly) because it was a bit soft. As I entered maturity (approx. 25/26 years of age) I threw away any attachments I thought this song carried, and juts enjoy it for what it is. A nice song, with agorgeous meldoy, harmonies to kill for, a nice message, and a killer key change. All things I would have cringed at as a teen are now things that send shivers up my spine.

Embrace the "cheese" Aaron.

Tony, not that I'm in any rush for that £5, but if there's any way we can speed up the process to transition that 5 quid from you to me I'm all ears. As I say, no rush, but still...a fiver is a fiver.

Nidge, great post dude. I was the same with HTW, desperate to fit in with the group of lads I hung out with but secretly loving that melody, as you say, that key change is everything. I've always loved a bit of cheese, you wouldn't believe the cheese I like. Pop music is my first love. I love how when your in a club or party or a wedding (on a Monday as you do) and people have a few drinks and all of a sudden their on the dance floor LOVING the cheese. In drink the truth comes out! :lol:

Back